Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

PaulAspie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Mar 2016, 9:54 am

[quote="ZenDen]I found this quote on the publisher's website I found Googling:

"'There is an increasing number of adults who have a diagnosis of Asperger's syndrome in their mature years. This new book will help explain past experiences, provide self-understanding and give guidance as to the future. People who have recently achieved a diagnosis, family members and clinicians will find the descriptions and advice invaluable.'
- Tony Attwood, PhD, Clinical Psychologist, Minds & Hearts Clinic, Australia, and author of The Complete Guide to Asperger's Syndrome"

There were other recommendations by other noted and studied people as well. I doubt "other books on autism" will have the same focus even if interpreted as so by inexperienced people.[/quote]

I definitely fall into the category, being diagnosed in my 30s. I'm a bookworm so I already read a lot (1200 pages in the 6 weeks since I was diagnosed) and was wondering about people's experience of the book.

Professionally diagnosed January 2016 in my mid-30s. I always knew I was a little different but always thought it was quantitative not qualitative and I don't like labels I don't need. Now I finally understand a lot I didn't before. (Technically now called ASD in the USA but I really don't care about autistic v aspie for terminology.)

GregCav
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2016, 4:07 am

I was 46 when I discovered Asperger's, and was diagnosed soon after. Over the next two years, I bought every book I could find on the web. I found Olga Bogdashina to be the best author for anything Aspergers or Autistic. I can't praise her books enough.