Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2011, 9:24 am

I have been told in my life that I am very aggressive. The thing is though that I don't think I am. I'm quite aware that I do get quite passionate about what I believe in and sometimes I get a bit loud when I'm hyper but as for aggression that's the last thing I intend to be. Does anybody have any solutions.

Female 38, diagnosed Asperger's and ADHD.

Dae
Toucan
Toucan

13 Nov 2011, 10:02 am

Solution? For being told you're 'aggressive'? Or, believing the accusations are correct? ...Others' misperceptions are often based on their own gender expectations (and other expectations, of course -- I just mention gender because of my experiences of 'failing' to live up to what some others think a female should live up to...the same critique-ing 'system' not being applied to the males around me)... You know yourself, right? You know you're not 'aggressive', yes? What 'solution' might you actually be looking for? If it's to get everyone in your life to 'interpret' you 'correctly', there may well be no 'solution' for that other than getting (and keeping) people in your life who are 'smart enough' to see/know you as you actually are. :)