Page 1 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2008, 4:11 pm

Talk louder, louder! I do not understand topic

My son and my ex-husband always talk louder to me if I do not respond right away. I noticed my son does not do this as much when his father is not around. But it is annoying. Male voices are just as irritating as squeaky chalk, but my son I can forgive, as he is a kid.

Parental love!

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2008, 5:25 am

No.. because my voice booms across the room it's so loud. :/

opal
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2008, 10:25 pm

I hate it when people talk loudly. And if you ask them to talk quietly they get offended - like screaming racist comments across the office isn't offensive..... :?

jade10025
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Feb 2008, 2:08 pm

my entire family is LOUD. it drives me insane! there can be no normal conversation. everything is yelling. when upset, though, my mothers vioce get louder and shriller and i want to make it stop! ive tried to ask for less yelling, but she refuses to acknowledge she is loud. I had one friend get scared and leave she was yelling so loudly once. the worst is in order to be heard over her or my fathers unnaturally loud speaking, I have to yell louder. I hate yelling. It hurts my head. me and my sister usuall hole ourselfs up in our rooms to block out the noise and prevent causing any new outbreak of yelling.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2008, 3:31 am

Yeah, my dad. He talks so loud and repeats himself that everyone else notices it too. I've tried telling him to lower his voice, he never listens. I get spikes up all around my body when he does this. I feel like telling him to shut up but I know that wouldn't be fair. It's like I react before I think. I'm like this with other loud talkers as well. My dad tops them. :x

nannarob
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2008, 7:31 am

I'm loud! :oops:

I think there must be some chronic learning disability that is so prevalent among NT's that it goes unnoticed by the "experts". Krex

Riddick124
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2008, 9:22 am

I cannot stand any type of loud noises, but especially not loud talkers. In school, I am unable to do my math work in class, because my teacher is constantly talking when I am trying to work. I used to have a recurring nightmare where I was doing some type of boy scout event which involved a log, and someone was screaming EXTREMELY loudly.

caramateo
Toucan
Toucan

12 Mar 2008, 11:13 pm

I can't stand loud remarks that men say during sports games like "yeah" bla bla
they look like gorillas making weird loud noises

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

13 Mar 2008, 11:26 am

I have a new NT friend, who is delightful, but whenever she talks, she gets REALLY loud. I was trying not to wince, and worried that she would see and get offended. Worse, people turn and stare when we hang out together. :oops:

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2008, 2:08 pm

I also can't stand ppl who do subtle things like slam doors or honk their efing horns just to get attention. I feel like I've got PTSD when this happens. OMG, I need to duck and run! 8O

jman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2008, 9:03 am

I once worked with a boss who's voice was real loud and it made me real uncomfortable. Though that makes me a hipocit because I can be real loud especially if I am getting emotional I often get innapropriately loud in public. :oops:

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2008, 10:25 am

I talked loudly all the way through my school years. I never noticed and could not adjust my volume, so that all the NTs peers complained about how loud my talking was and how I should shut up. I still have a problem with speaking quietly, almost whispering, because then nobody understand me (but you ought to hold conversation in whispers during class). I also don't understand people if they speak too quiet.

If a voice isn't extraordinary loud (e.g. shouting), then I don't mind. I dislike people speaking in any volume when I do not want to participate in a conversation.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2008, 11:24 pm

There's a loud talker, who goes to my clubhouse. I feel like telling her to shut up. If anybody tells her to keep it down, she tells them that she's stating her opinion. I think that she does it on purpose, and that she could control the volume of her voice, if she wanted to. She also says the word, ret*d a lot, and I've told her, that it bothers me, when she uses that word. She just says, "Oh yeah...whatever!", in a very loud voice.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

21 Mar 2008, 11:33 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
There's a loud talker, who goes to my clubhouse. I feel like telling her to shut up. If anybody tells her to keep it down, she tells them that she's stating her opinion. I think that she does it on purpose, and that she could control the volume of her voice, if she wanted to. She also says the word, ret*d a lot, and I've told her, that it bothers me, when she uses that word. She just says, "Oh yeah...whatever!", in a very loud voice.

People like that are extremely trying! :x

tybald
Raven
Raven

22 Mar 2008, 7:12 am

Yeah I don't like this at all. People shouting across the street at each other particularly irritates me as it would surely only take walking a few steps across the road to have a normal conversation? Also people talking loudly to me when I'm clearly standing only a few feet away or on the telephone. Do they not know how it works? Are they just trying to get me to hear from wherever they are without the burden of electronic communication?

Also mindless noise like TVs/radios being left on, unanswered phones etc, and I'd like to second a dislike of the mindless shouting and chanting that goes on at a lot of sports events. The referee isn't going to reverse his decision just because someone in the stands called him a w*nker! This is one of the big reasons I don't like team sports in general.

ManErg
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2008, 5:41 pm

criss wrote:
I would say that living loudly gets on my nerves. I have the quiet type of AS. Earplugs is my middle name

Seconded! It's not just volume of voice, but the loudness of people who have to have loud houses, loud cars, loud jobs, EVERYTHING LOUD. I'm annoyed by people who have loud carbon footprints. You know, those who are 'conspicuous consumers'.