Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

enz
Veteran
Veteran

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2016, 10:39 am

That Sanders rally is sensory hell. Having multiple people walking up to me and hugging me is a my nightmare.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

adoylelb90815
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Apr 2016, 1:36 am

My opinion is that Trump supporters are from the extreme right wing of the Republican party, and that includes those who are racists when it comes to anyone who isn't a WASP. Bernie supporters are from the opposite end of the political spectrum, extreme left-wing liberals who think the Democratic party is too moderate or even conservative for them. The older Bernie supporters were hippies back in the 60's, and never grew out of that stage.

enz
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2016, 8:45 pm

And wouldn't Hillary be the corporate head?

EnmaLionheart
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Apr 2016, 5:40 pm

enz wrote:
https://youtu.be/RX18VAg-BOA

Thing is anything that is involving Trump rallies. Somehow end up locally or on a national level.

This saddens me after watching that and it reminded me of this: http://fox6now.com/2016/04/10/donald-tr ... -students/

But Trump supporters are most likely your older generation of people. But Bernie rallies don't seem to be bad cause locally I never hear anything about it that ends up badly. Thing it could be with Bernie supporters and Trump supporters that it could be a generation thing and demographic.

Trump in a way is a strong reflection of what America wants, possibly for older generations.

*goes back on phone thinking of first cosplay ideas*

enz
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2016, 9:56 pm

To be fair, I found a contrasting video
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aeOkybuCXX0

EnmaLionheart
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Apr 2016, 4:31 pm

enz wrote:

Yeah just watched, but that was a few. The skateboarder reaction to the Trump aspect was unnecessary aggression. Anyone can be aggressive when it comes to politics depending on the person.

*goes back on phone thinking of first cosplay ideas*

Professional_edgelord
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Apr 2016, 5:39 am

enz wrote:

I would say people have better reasons to be angry at Trump supporters

If there was someone running for Prime Minister in Canada who wanted to send me to an unsafe region of the world, even if I was born in a relatively safe region, I would hate his/her supporters too

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 9:37 am

Trump supporters are greedy, hateful, angry, and cynical.

Bernie supporters are greedy, ignorant of the worse bits of human nature, idealistic, and naïve.

I know which bunch of people are more pleasant to spend time around. Everyone is greedy, in the sense of wanting either more stuff for the amount they have to work to get it, or less work to be necessary for the stuff they need. I prefer idealistic and naïve to hateful, angry, and cynical.

My preference for his supporters notwithstanding, I cannot vote for Mr. Sanders or Mr. Trump. One is on the far right, the other is on the far left. I believe in the truth of the graphic that shows the political spectrum as a circle, not a line, such that the extremes will always end up resembling each other and ultimately merely use different means (in Bernie's case, government control in exchange for government support; in Donald's case, the anarchic rule of the unregulated impulses of the reactionary masses) to achieve, whether intentionally or unintentionally, the same dystopian ends.

Choosing one or the other is basically a matter of choosing which dystopia I prefer: Denise Giardina's or Olive Tilford Dargan's version of Appalachia during the labor wars (Trump) or something more along the lines of "Harrison Bergeron" or "The Giver" (Clinton/Sanders).

I do not wish to live in either. I decline to choose the nightmare I prefer. And I find both their supporters to be frightening, for opposing but ultimately similar reasons.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 3:41 pm

Trump and Bernie supports have many things in common. If it weren't for the fact that Trump and Bernie are so fundamentally different their supporters might be almost fully interchangeable.

One thing for certain. Trump and Bernie are a wake up call to the Democrat and Republican parties.

WonderWoman
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 May 2016, 2:36 pm

Coming from Philadelphia, I have followed Donald Trump for 40 years. His integrity has never been called into question until those in power who have something to hide have done so. Wanting borders on a country is not racist. It's just common sense. Criminals say, "Head for the border!" to get away from the jurisdiction of their police. We need a door on our country, just like you have on your house. Be careful falling for the propaganda that the party in power wants for you. Please read his books, Crippled America and The Art of the Deal.
Trump is great for young people, because he is the only one who has a chance of lowering the budget deficit, so that young people are not burdened with national debt for generations to come.
Trump is not perfect. As far as I've been able to read so far, seems like Alex has figured out that vaccines have not likely caused autism, but Trump is against them being delivered in such strong doses all at once for that reason. However, Trump is a reasonable man and I think Alex and he would get along well, and Alex could advise him on policies that would be good for us. He will listen. But it may good, for other reasons, to not deliver such strong vaccines all at once anyway, so it's not a bad thing. Trump's heart is in the right place.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2016, 2:52 pm

WonderWoman wrote:
Coming from Philadelphia, I have followed Donald Trump for 40 years. His integrity has never been called into question until those in power who have something to hide have done so. Wanting borders on a country is not racist. It's just common sense. Criminals say, "Head for the border!" to get away from the jurisdiction of their police. We need a door on our country, just like you have on your house. Be careful falling for the propaganda that the party in power wants for you. Please read his books, Crippled America and The Art of the Deal.
Trump is great for young people, because he is the only one who has a chance of lowering the budget deficit, so that young people are not burdened with national debt for generations to come.
Trump is not perfect. As far as I've been able to read so far, seems like Alex has figured out that vaccines have not likely caused autism, but Trump is against them being delivered in such strong doses all at once for that reason. However, Trump is a reasonable man and I think Alex and he would get along well, and Alex could advise him on policies that would be good for us. He will listen. But it may good, for other reasons, to not deliver such strong vaccines all at once anyway, so it's not a bad thing. Trump's heart is in the right place.

Finally, someone who knows what they are talking about! GO TRUMP! GO TRUMP! GO TRUMP! Woo Hoo! :mrgreen:

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2016, 3:11 pm

WonderWoman wrote:
Coming from Philadelphia, I have followed Donald Trump for 40 years. His integrity has never been called into question until those in power who have something to hide have done so.

Trump is currently under investigation for fraud. And it's pretty clear that he bilked young students out of millions of dollars with a scam college.

Sure, building a wall may not be racist but any person with two brain cells to rub together can see that you'll never secure the U.S./Mexico border with a fence. Besides, I'm more worried about them silly Canadians up north. :wink:

WonderWoman
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 May 2016, 4:02 pm

"Trump is currently under investigation for fraud. And it's pretty clear that he bilked young students out of millions of dollars with a scam college."

Read Why We Want You to Be Rich by Trump and Kirosaki: I would love to have the opportunity to learn from the Trump team, but you have to be willing to WORK YOUR BUTT OFF. Many students were satisfied. Again, I refer you to my assassinate his character comment by those in power currently.

"Sure, building a wall may not be racist but any person with two brain cells to rub together can see that you'll never secure the U.S./Mexico border with a fence. Besides, I'm more worried about them silly Canadians up north."

A WALL will help. Trump knows how to build, not destroy. Good thing he stopped that Cruz Canadian guy from immigrating into the presidency!