Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 3:16 am

The play “ ‘A’ ” Train, created and produced by UCSB scholars, wins top honors at United Solo Awards in New York

Quote:
The play written, performed, produced and directed by UC Santa Barbara scholars — a work that first debuted on campus — has taken the top prize in the 2017 United Solo Awards. United Solo, the world’s largest solo theater festival, named “‘A’ Train” Best Production of the year.

The piece by playwright and actor Anne Torsiglieri, an associate professor in the Department of Theater and Dance, and directed by Risa Brainin, professor and chair of theater and dance, rose above 120 solo stage productions to take the win. It was also the top-selling show of the festival’s recent 10-week run at Theatre Row on 42nd Street in New York.

Drawn from Torsiglieri’s own experiences raising an autistic child, “ ‘A’ Train” shines a light on the complexities of autism and explores new ways of defining happine

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman