Raven
Raven

17 Aug 2012, 3:03 am

oh i thought it was legit lol

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2012, 5:16 am

No, it's just for fun. Register and make up a character. It's great!

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2012, 10:58 am

Yeah, LBC is a parody. I met them back when I was trying hard to be a good little Pagan. It's funny, in a sick sad gallows humor kind of way.

Sick sad and gallows because there are plenty of real people out there that they're parodying, and I've met some of the hypocititical bastards. They've got their own pathology, and it's way worse than ours.

Guess I've got a ways to go to recover my sense of humor. Gods, child, don't take life so seriously.

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2012, 12:42 pm

A Poe!

I've considered joining, all the people there seem so knowledgeable on Bible verses I don't know if I'd be able to keep up.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2012, 1:09 pm

Shatbat wrote:
A Poe!

I've considered joining, all the people there seem so knowledgeable on Bible verses I don't know if I'd be able to keep up.

They have a site and search engine you can use to find things with. It's linked there.

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

27 Aug 2012, 10:45 pm

GodHatesGoths is a hillarious site!

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2012, 9:01 am

How can any of you take them seriously?

I mean theres a 100 page thread about minecraft making children sex slaves and destroying our economy.
http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=51266
OP on that thread is perfectly clear and makes extremely reasonable points yet the discussion keeps going on about wether he is joking or not. :lol:

Also take a look at the custom bible selections on the top of the page

Vulture
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Aug 2012, 10:29 am

The sad thing is that the people they're a parody of are so crazy that LBC is regularly mistaken for a serious site...

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

30 Aug 2012, 4:50 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe%27s_law

Sammondoa
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Sep 2017, 9:11 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
It's a parody forum.

I'm glad people aren't actually that stupid. Most humans are good but sometimes fact can be stranger than fiction.
Anyways, this gave me a good chuckle. :lol:

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2017, 10:35 am

Ahh, this place is troll bait :O I remember seeing that on the internet a loong time ago.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2017, 11:56 pm

I hear the autism atheist thing a lot. I do remember reading a study how autistics are more likely to be atheists.

AspieSingleDad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 10:19 pm

spongy wrote:
How can any of you take them seriously?

I mean theres a 100 page thread about minecraft making children sex slaves and destroying our economy.
http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=51266
OP on that thread is perfectly clear and makes extremely reasonable points yet the discussion keeps going on about wether he is joking or not. :lol:

Also take a look at the custom bible selections on the top of the page

You have to understand, you can make anything seem plausible if you want. When I was much younger, and enjoyed inciting upset and anger in others (okay, I was a troll), I did a post on how as a Christian I've realized Christians need to worship Satan because according to the Bible Satan in God's greatest and most beautiful creation and since man is sinful, man is not good enough to worship God so should worship Satan instead. I also stated that by worshiping Satan and acknowledging what a great creation Satan was, a Christian was really worshiping God. I even argued that by worshipping something less than God brought more honor to God because worshipping it like God Himself amplified the worship when worshipping something less than God Himself.

Okay, granted it was very complicated, and circular reasoning. But it was supposed to be circular reasoning, that's what made it fun. I'd argue through all of those points and religious folks would go in circles like two or three dozen times. Honestly, you'd think they would catch on, but I guess I had too many threads of reason for them to understand they I was just arguing them around in circles. Gosh, that was some of my better trolling work back in the day, maybe my best.

AspieSingleDad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 10:21 pm

Sammondoa wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:
It's a parody forum.

I'm glad people aren't actually that stupid. Most humans are good but sometimes fact can be stranger than fiction.
Anyways, this gave me a good chuckle. :lol:

Oh, there *are* people that stupid, that's the point of that site. To make fun of those people by acting like them. Sure they might make something up that's a bit more ridiculous, but sometimes I'll think of something and than think that's too ridiculous, it'd never happen. But then the next day I'll read about something more ridiculous than what I thought of.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 8:59 am

You want to see a real crazy religious forum? Go look at the Rapture Ready bulliten board. Read some of the threads. It really jumps out at you when you read them.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 9:22 am

OliveOilMom wrote:
Go look at the Rapture Ready bulletin board.
Having never heard of it I went to look up some about it, dang, it is for real, not a lampoon or satire. And no, I haven't read any of the board content yet. And probably won't: I'm not as far out about the rapture and end times as it is said the posters there seem to be. Yes I expect it. No, I'm not a militant or extremest about it.

Am looking at articles about it, such as this,
Quote:
"In 1995 Strandberg founded the online Rapture Index, a Dow Jones-type measuring tool of biblical prophecy. He and 12 employees now run fourteen end-times sites, including RaptureReady.com and RaptureMe.com. The combined sites attract more than 250,000 visitors each month. He also cowrote a book due this summer titled Are You Rapture Ready? (E.P. Dutton).

The Rapture Index monitors 45 categories of various indicators prophesized in the Bible. The categories are ranked one to five based on whether they are rising or falling and include: earthquakes, mark of the beast technology, and date setting. A higher cumulative number indicates the world is moving faster toward the end times, Strandberg says."
http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2003/marchweb-only/3-24-43.0.html

I did look as far as to see they do list legit news. I didn't look as far as to see how they interpret and/or assess its meaning. http://www.raptureready.info/roundup-26-sep-2017/

Again, not the bulletin board, the board founder's description of factors involved in downward spirals in life is legit,
Quote:
This article will attempt to identify why people fall into a downward spiral and what can be done to prevent other people from falling into the same trap.

The Causes of a Downward Spiral
There are many reasons why people fall into a pattern of self-destruction. We have no cut-and-dry reason one person stumbles and another avoids addiction. One individual may be born with a weakness for alcohol while another may have a natural dislike for intoxicants.

Somewhere at the core of all addictive behavior is the way people deal with temptation. We can educate people, but knowledge doesn’t mean that people will automatically make the right choices.

In most cases, the destructive process is hidden from the person undergoing the transformation. No one typically says, “I think I’ll slowly waste away my life.” A more likely statement people end up making is, “How on earth did I get into this mess?”

Because so many factors are at work, it would be impossible for me to list a stage-by-stage example that could be applied to all cases. The best thing I can do is compile a list of the most common reasons people get trapped in a downward spiral.

http://www.raptureready.com/2016/07/18/downward-spiral-by-todd-strandberg/