Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2017, 1:40 am

Kingdom of Us: Family's tragedy becomes Netflix film

Quote:
A mother and her seven children trying to come to terms with their father's suicide have had their story turned into a Netflix documentary.

It will be premiered at the London Film Festival on Saturday and released globally on Netflix on 13 October.

Six of her children, who were aged six to 16 at the time, are on the autism spectrum, and she hopes the film will raise awareness about the conditioN.

Mrs Shanks - an advocate and campaigner from Kenilworth calling for a better understanding of autism and mental health - said the film was originally going to be about autism but via an "evolutionary process" became much wider.
"Lucy just felt the story was about more than just autism and she put her life into it for four years," she said.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Lonehiker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Oct 2017, 5:49 pm

I Just literally watched it and though it was a good documentry. Although quite sad at times I found it insightful and compelling.