Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2013, 11:20 am

SEINNICHT wrote:
The biggest problem with this is the fact that Jenny McCarthy's lies and misinformation has already killed children and has made whooping cough much more common than it should be.

I should tell that to my hubby the next time he has an asthma attack.

He never had asthma before he caught the whooping cough-- definitely more trouble than autism.

Next time he's wheezing, I'll tell him he can thank the attitude that autism-is-a-fate-worse-than-death for his respiratory troubles.

yelekam
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2013, 4:39 pm

PresidentPorpoise wrote:
Yeah, she's absolutely awful. I never watch "The View" (not surprising since I don't exactly fall in the primary demographic that they're aiming for), but this is absolutely terrible. You're pretty much giving her a chance to spread her dangerous and outrageous claims to millions more people than she's already reached, and sadly, some of the people that she'll reach via "The View" are going to agree with her. So, we'll have even more kids not getting vaccinated, who will depend on an increasingly fragile herd immunity, and of course more people spending their money towards research into bogus debunked potential causes of autism, instead of using those funds for things that are actually useful. Completely disgusting that she'll be on this show. I'm sure my rant is nothing you haven't heard before, but yeah, here's one more person disgusted by this news, if it makes you feel any better.

Exactly what I was thinking. I'm surprised that there are millions of people who watch that ridiculous show; it already lacked intellectual standards, and now it seems they're sinking even lower.

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2013, 4:55 pm

yelekam wrote:
PresidentPorpoise wrote:
Yeah, she's absolutely awful. I never watch "The View" (not surprising since I don't exactly fall in the primary demographic that they're aiming for), but this is absolutely terrible. You're pretty much giving her a chance to spread her dangerous and outrageous claims to millions more people than she's already reached, and sadly, some of the people that she'll reach via "The View" are going to agree with her. So, we'll have even more kids not getting vaccinated, who will depend on an increasingly fragile herd immunity, and of course more people spending their money towards research into bogus debunked potential causes of autism, instead of using those funds for things that are actually useful. Completely disgusting that she'll be on this show. I'm sure my rant is nothing you haven't heard before, but yeah, here's one more person disgusted by this news, if it makes you feel any better.

Exactly what I was thinking. I'm surprised that there are millions of people who watch that ridiculous show; it already lacked intellectual standards, and now it seems they're sinking even lower.

They should put a disclaimer on the show (beginning and end) saying that the views of the people on that show do not necessarily reflect the views of professional experts, nor facts for that matter. But since that won't happen, I guess the damage to be done is inevitable.