Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2021, 1:15 am

In a bizarre marriage Aussie supermodel Elle Macpherson has embraced her new life with her disgraced anti-vaxxer boyfriend and his anti-science colleagues.
https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/c ... ee38a8d45c
Supermodel Elle Macpherson has continued to embrace her new life among the most notorious members of the anti-vaxxer movement.
Macpherson has been dating disgraced former doctor Andrew Wakefield for several years, despite his reputation as a medical pariah, who fled to the US after being struck off the medical register in the UK.
Wakefield caused widespread panic among parents after he published false claims linking the MMR vaccine to autism in 12 children in 1998. The false claims led to a sharp drop in vaccinations, and a rise in childhood diseases including measles – which had previously been all but eradicated.
Despite being reviled by the medical community, Macpherson has embraced Wakefield, and the anti-vax community, who have in turn twice honoured her at the annual “Doctors Who Rock Awards”.
“It’s pretty amazing to be here with so many amazing people,” Macpherson told the crowd. “So many wellness warriors and courageous people standing up for what they believe, in the face of not very easy times – mavericks and rock stars.”
She went on to say there were a “lot of powerful people” at the ceremony who she believed could “heal humanity with god’s help”.
“I do encourage people to look deeper into what it really means to be well, and not just well on a physical level but well on an emotional level, and well on a spiritual level.”

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2021, 1:56 pm

Wait, he's still an anti vaxxer?? I thought he gave that up!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2021, 5:36 pm

I am more interested why a multimillionaire would be interested in him unless he made lots of money.

It is horrible that such a man may have made millions from duping people about autism

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2021, 5:38 pm

NaturalEntity wrote:
No, he was only forced to give up his medical license.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2021, 2:33 pm

Fnord wrote:
NaturalEntity wrote:

My biology teacher said he apologised about the whole autism thing... maybe it was a fake apology. (She's very well read, so i trust her.)

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2021, 8:04 pm

NaturalEntity wrote:
Fnord wrote:
NaturalEntity wrote:

My biology teacher said he apologised about the whole autism thing... maybe it was a fake apology. (She's very well read, so i trust her.)

Judging by his current activities he was never sorry

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2021, 2:53 pm

Yeah, you're right. I might tell my biology teacher about it when I next have a lesson.