Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 3:02 am

'HOW CAN I TRUST ANYONE NOW?' Brave autistic woman tells of nightmare after being target of cruel online bullies who threatened to ‘smash’ and ‘rattle’ her Jennifer Freil, 26, was physically sickened to discover people she considered her best friends after moving to Drumchapel, Glasgow, had been joking about her autism disorder

Quote:
Jennifer bravely exposed the bullies by sharing the shocking conversation on social media, and she’s been overwhelmed by the response.

She hopes her horrific experience will stop others from carrying out similar attacks on those suffering from autism – or anyone else victimised by bullying.

Way to go Jennifer

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 3:23 am

I wonder if the Sun had to tap their phones as well. :lol:

I'm glad she reported them at least.

Hippygoth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Mar 2017, 4:42 pm

Horrid people. :( Poor woman. Hope she finds better people than that to make real friends with.

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 9:06 pm

Way to go, Jennifer. And remember... you don't suffer from autism, but from particular symptoms you have that are the bad traits, and from others' discrimination. Most of all from the discrimination, often.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 9:38 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
'HOW CAN I TRUST ANYONE NOW?' Brave autistic woman tells of nightmare after being target of cruel online bullies who threatened to ‘smash’ and ‘rattle’ her Jennifer Freil, 26, was physically sickened to discover people she considered her best friends after moving to Drumchapel, Glasgow, had been joking about her autism disorder

Quote:
Jennifer bravely exposed the bullies by sharing the shocking conversation on social media, and she’s been overwhelmed by the response.

She hopes her horrific experience will stop others from carrying out similar attacks on those suffering from autism – or anyone else victimised by bullying.

Way to go Jennifer

I don't understand these people who pretend to be friends with someone and then speak poorly of the person behind their back. Why bother associating with a person you don't like as a friend?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 9:43 pm

I'm very proud of you, Jennifer. Too bad people have to be such scumbags.