Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2022, 12:29 pm

Autism Influencer Jeremiah Josey Releases a New Book About His Experience as a Black Man with Autism

Quote:
Autism influencer Jeremiah Josey's new book, Here's What I Want You to Know 2, brings the autistic perspective to the BLM movement with heart and passion. In simple and powerful terms, Jeremiah opens up about his experiences as a black man with autism and recounts his racial awakening, when he was profiled by police in an airport while comforting a young white woman who had missed her flight.

Jeremiah writes that he is afraid that he might not understand police commands; that it is crucial to fight for what you believe in; and that resiliency and advocacy are your power. His story sheds light on the unique challenges autistic people of color face, while showing that anything is possible if you have the courage to pursue your dreams.

Jeremiah Josey is quickly becoming the face of autistic young adulthood. At just 22, he is already a baker, model, author, and motivational speaker. Undefeated by autism, he has cooked alongside a wide range of talented chefs, appeared on Steve Harvey's show Steve, walked the runway at New York Fashion Week, and starred in print campaigns for Tommy Hilfiger and Kohl's adaptive lines. Jeremiah was chosen as one of the top 14 autism influencers on social media by The Mighty community and was named a 2020 Flutie Fellow, sponsored by the Doug Flutie, Jr. Foundation for Autism. Jeremiah has big dreams, and he's inspiring others with autism to feel ambitious, talented, and confident along the way!

Here's What I Want You to Know 2, is available now at Amazon.com, AAPC Publishing, and all major retailers.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

princegeorge99999
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Nov 2022, 10:52 pm

This should have more discussion

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2022, 6:46 am

thanks for bringing this to our attention. I need to find this and read it now!

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson