Page 9 of 50 [ 799 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 50  Next

invisibleboy
Raven
Raven

01 Jul 2015, 7:53 am

30 minute run, 20 pushups. Working up to more.

everybody's playing the game
but nobody's rules are the same
nobody's on nobody's side

Briareos
Raven
Raven

02 Jul 2015, 1:05 am

GoonSquad wrote:
^^^ Nice! Wish I could still ride two wheelers!

Thanks! I'm sorry to hear (assume?) that you've lost the mobility to ride a regular upright bike. But Recumbants can be fast too, since they technically produce less drag. They'd produce even less/be even faster with an aerodynamic shell! Man, imagine being able to touch 60km/h with less effort than I need in top gear on my 24 speed! :drool:

My goal is to get all this quad strength so I have an awesome Ski season the following winter. Of course the real challenges come in the mountains, not in the prairie ditches I ski at home...

I'm also a true car enthusiast, or is mechanical enthusiast more accurate? It's not exactly a car. Anyways, I'm always wanting to mod my bike to make my ride better!

Some planned mods:
New 8 speed shifters, to replace my gross combo brake shifters. Also frees up space on my handlebars
-Rockshox Reverb seatpost, to allow me to manipulate my seat height on the fly.
-Surly Rabbit Hole rims, 56mm, can hold minimum 2.3" wide tires. This would greatly reduce sidewall flex, increasing cornering ability.
Maxxis Hookworms 26x2.4", I want wide low rolling resistance tires!
Tubeless conversion, so I can run low PSI
Hydraulic brakes, I wanna break with no effort!

Man, maybe I should just build a new bike and sell my old one! I do crave rear air suspension! :lol:

"If you focus on results, you won't change. If you focus on change, you'll get results."

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2015, 4:20 pm

Good result and played the full 40 minutes. A scrappy game with a few yellow cards, I was sent flying twice, no injuries but I'm going to have some whopper bruises tomorrow.

LyraLuthTinu
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2015, 7:24 pm

For Wednesday night:

33 minutes on the elliptical at base resistance +4 with random hill variance
Trying to post here on WrongPlanet in the Social Skills forum, sorry if my posts got garbled (hard to edit on touchscreen keyboard. No directional buttons). :arrow:
Weight machines:
Hip ab/ad, 7# to 28# on adduction and 28# to 42# on abduction
Torso flexion, still the easiest machine for me, 70# to 90#
Abs crunch, owie, but I did 35# to 50# and maybe started a 55# rep but gave it up after 5
Didn't try the rower, pect/delt fly, shoulder press or chest press. Too hurtie
But I did a new one--a downward press with the arms, I think it was called a downward deltoid press but it felt like it worked my teres major, teres minor and rhomboid muscles (those are in the back around the shoulder blades) more than the deltoids or any of the arm muscles.
I also think the Torso flex works my latissimus dorsi far more than it does my abs, and the abs crunch feels like it mostly uses the dorsal obliques.

Anyway.

Also did the leg press, by which time I swear I felt I could fall asleep right then and there on that thing between reps but I think I did 60# to 80# or so.
Then I went home.

Happy thought for the day: NT hubby was glad to see me when I got home instead of :x I'd stayed out past my usual bedtime (around 9:00. Don't judge me, I get up before 5:00. You know what Ben Franklin said). That was actually a huge relief for me. :D

No work for me tomorrow, my company is doing holiday hours for the day before the holiday, on call only for the holiday itself and then regular Sunday hours. Back at it on Monday. Answering phones all day is hard. I like working with paper records ever so much better. But I am practicing my communication skills by doing this phone training and my mentor says mostly I'm doing good. :)

Official diagnosis: Austism Spectrum Disorder Level One, without learning disability, without speech/language delay; Requiring Support

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2015, 4:33 pm

Feyokien wrote:
bump
:lol:

7k scenic route run.

LyraLuthTinu
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2015, 7:41 pm

Gym. 35 min on stationary bike,20 on elliptical. Then home to go with hubby to holiness camp.

Yardwork = workout Friday and Saturday a.m.!

Official diagnosis: Austism Spectrum Disorder Level One, without learning disability, without speech/language delay; Requiring Support

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2015, 5:22 pm

Climbed Croagh Patrick on Tuesday, the weather was dreadful, it rained non stop and the 'paths' turned into riverbeds. The scree was difficult on the descent, but once I cleared it I jogged downhill for an hour, until I started tripping over my own feet, so I plodded through the streams for the rest of it.

This is what the view looks like from the summit, I might climb it again on a less inclement day, just to see that view in person.

Tonight I played two tag games in a row, with good results both times. :D

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2015, 4:42 pm

Bump, played two Tag games back to back, next week ....semi finals :D .

LyraLuthTinu
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2015, 5:08 pm

gymrat bump >.<

LyraLuthTinu
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2015, 6:50 pm

LyraLuthTinu wrote:
gymrat bump >.<

That was a three-hour workout, btw.

An hour on stationary bike--I thought it best to start slow since I haven't been to the gym for four weeks. :cry:

I was very wimpy on the weight resistance machines, but I did the leg press, thigh adductor/abductor, shoulder press (ouch), chest press (ouch ouch), abs crunch and torso twist. Couldn't do more than 70# on any of them, pathetically. :(

And then the elliptical for an hour. It was fun showing facebook pics of my grandkids to the gym manager, though. She kept squee-ing about everything. Like, anytime anyone who came in that talked to her for more than 15 seconds--she found something to squee about.

Not that my grandson isn't squee-worthy. He's nine pounds of utter human perfection. Dimples, dark blue eyes, pale curly hair, no physical defects whatsoever. He really couldn't be more perfect. He doesn't open his eyes much, but then he doesn't fuss and squall much either.

Anyway I mean to go back to spending more time at the gym. I will get to the point where lifting 100# or more on each of the machines is effortless if it takes me til next Spring )when my gratis membership expires)!

JakeASD
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2015, 12:23 pm

Bump.

This morning I completed Insanity's "Plyometric Circuit". My performance wasn't the best, though. :(

I am trying to reignite my past interest in healthy & fitness after reading this quote yesterday evening:

"One of the most effective treatments for autistic people is exercise. Studies show that vigorous or strenuous exercise is associated with decreases in stereotypic (self-stimulatory) behaviors, hyperactivity, aggression, self-injury, and destructiveness. Vigorous exercise means a 20-minute or longer aerobic workout, 3 to 4 days a week; mild exercise has little effect on behavior."

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2015, 4:59 pm

Tonight we had two seriously fast paced Tag games, with good results in both.

Through to the finals next week! :D

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2015, 8:35 pm

A few hours spent wrenching on & subsequently riding BMX pump tracks on a 26" park hardtail mountainbike with my friend. I'll have 5 similar bikes built sooner or later so I can take more or less anyone in Colorado riding anywhere they're able :o

Hopefully some dirt jumps bring my adrenal gland back from a year all but entirely spent working/studying/caffeinated...

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2015, 8:45 pm

I feel sprite! Just finished an hour of Turbo Fire!

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2015, 8:47 pm

JakeASD wrote:
Bump.

This morning I completed Insanity's "Plyometric Circuit". My performance wasn't the best, though. :(

I am trying to reignite my past interest in healthy & fitness after reading this quote yesterday evening:

"One of the most effective treatments for autistic people is exercise. Studies show that vigorous or strenuous exercise is associated with decreases in stereotypic (self-stimulatory) behaviors, hyperactivity, aggression, self-injury, and destructiveness. Vigorous exercise means a 20-minute or longer aerobic workout, 3 to 4 days a week; mild exercise has little effect on behavior."

Who cares if your performance wasn't perfect. I'm sure Shaun T would be proud!

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2015, 6:37 pm

Did my first trike ride since getting out of the hospital...

It was only about 7miles with lotsa hills, but I did better that I thought I would.

f**k you quadriplegia!! !!