Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2016, 2:44 pm

Does anyone here take Keppra? Does it cause weight gain?

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Grammar Geek
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2016, 6:05 pm

I used to take it. I don't know about weight gain, but it can cause anxiety. I switched to Tegretol and I became much less worried about everything.

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2016, 9:04 pm

I've been taking a low dose for a number of years. My weight has stayed steady, but I exercise a lot and try to eat well.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2016, 2:10 pm

AnneOleson wrote:
I've been taking a low dose for a number of years. My weight has stayed steady, but I exercise a lot and try to eat well.

If you don't mind me asking do you take it for epilepsy? I have epilepsy and have been taking Lamictal for years. It works great, I'm just curious if Keppra is also a good medicine because I took Depakote and it screwed me up and not just with weight either. Depakote made me stupid. I went from being mature for my age to being childlike in mentality.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2016, 7:53 pm

xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
AnneOleson wrote:

If you don't mind me asking do you take it for epilepsy? I have epilepsy and have been taking Lamictal for years. It works great, I'm just curious if Keppra is also a good medicine because I took Depakote and it screwed me up and not just with weight either. Depakote made me stupid. I went from being mature for my age to being childlike in mentality.

I do take it for epilepsy. I haven't had a seizure for several years now. I tried several other meds first. The one that made me really stupid was Topamax. It was horrible feeling. I think I've tried Depakote. There was one med that made my hair curly - and then really thin out.

Voynich
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Jul 2016, 3:52 pm

I'm on Keppra and didn't notice weight gain. My diet is such that it would probably have been gradual anyway but I didn't notice any signs of odd metabolic stuff. I do think I went through a period of legendary 'Keppra rage' though - a mild phase, I have to say. But it wasn't life-changing. I've been on it for many years now. I notice no obvious side-effects.