Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2016, 3:37 pm

Ever wondered how to outlive everyone? Well, if you're going to live forever, you might as well take tips from this very old Centurion. A force to be reckoned with and, maybe even to aspire to.

Soothing Version (non audio)
Audio version

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 13191.html

The world’s oldest man has been named as Indonesian Mbah Gotho, who is 145 years old, with documentation that says he was born in 1870.

Mr Gotho has official documentation which shows his age, and the Indonesian records office says it has confirmed his birth date as December 31 1870.

Mr Gotho said he began preparing for his death in 1992, even having a gravestone made, but 24 years later he is still alive.

He has now outlived all 10 of his siblings, his four wives and his children.

Though his age is impressive, Mr Gotho told a regional news network: “What I want is to die.”

Gotho's grandson said he had bought a grave near those of his children when he was 122 and had been preparing for death ever since.

If this is correct, this would earn him the title of the oldest person ever, a title currently held by French centenarian Jeanne Calment, who was 122 when she died – 23 years younger than Mr Gotho.

If the documents cannot be independently verified, however, Mr Gotho will not go down in the record books.

To, a walking talking smoking Centurian, hail Gotho :D

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2016, 5:22 pm

And just a few more years before he reaches retirement age.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2016, 5:53 pm

I don't know about this--it sounds kind of hard to believe. That's over 20 years older than the previous oldest person, and considering women live longer than men...

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2016, 12:09 pm

Yeah, this may be hard to believe, but Mbah Gotho is Indonesian and alive and well. I wish there was a translator here so I could unpick the details of his documentation, but anyways.. maybe my own french parentage will hold out.

What's the secret?

1stSauce
Toucan
Toucan

01 Oct 2016, 11:55 am

It's hard to believe but in this day and age I wouldn't rule it out. 8O