Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2017, 9:03 am

Just wondering if anyone has done this before and actually got some results. I'm trying to become more flexible because I'd like to do fire fan dancing with one of my friends for performing at metal clubs.

I'm purely wanting to try it to become way more bendy and flexible but it seems it can become dangerous if you do it on your own which is why it's better to practice with an instructor or class from what I've researched. I'm sort of interested in the meditation aspect as it may help my anger problem.

Does anyone have experience with it? I'm kind of cynical about it.

Georgina145
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Feb 2017, 5:28 am

Yoga practice helps develop the body and mind bringing a lot of health benefits yet is not a substitute for medicine. It is important to learn and practice yoga. If you feel that you're busy, sleep deprived, stressed-out person, yoga can become your new best friend. There are many benefits of practicing yoga. Just go for it.

syzygyish
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2017, 6:30 am

i achieved enlightenment

hasn't done me much good after that tho

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2017, 6:58 am

Thanks for the replies, I'll give it a go and see if it does anything as my gym does it. Someone said to me they did it and ended up being able to do the splits after a while. 8O

Priola
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Mar 2017, 9:38 pm

syzygyish wrote:
i achieved enlightenment

hasn't done me much good after that tho

:lol:

It depends on where you are. if you're already flexible - it'll help you get to you goal faster.
It can help you balance though - which might be what you want with performing