Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 3:21 pm

When I eat gluten my belly feels full of air. If I eat it too much my knees hurt. I have cut out gluten for the most part but am quitting it completely.

Does anyone have this feeling after consuming bread and pasta?

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

crystaltermination
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 9:17 am

Recently switched to vegan and found that many of the foods I'm buying in the appropriate section are also gluten-free: I don't have Coeliac disease but do have a similar reaction on occasion to things like breads (though not rice? - hm...) I would say too much of anything is bad for you but I definitely think bloating is a common issue with these kinds of foods.

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 9:21 am

It's important to get screened for coeliac before eliminating gluten. It can't be done after eliminating it, unless you start eating it for a period of time.

Going gluten free is rather demanding, but what you experience are typical symptoms of both IBS and coeliac.

Edit: there are some other autoimmunie diseases that may be exacerbated by gluten, so I would look into possible causes before changing lifestyle.