Why is it unhealthy to lose 10-15 pounds a week?

Page 3 of 4 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,938
Location: US

19 Oct 2017, 3:20 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
You're not all that, Sly....and you know it!

I hate it when you write like that.

Have you not seen what everyone thinks of me in love and dating?
:cry:



RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jul 2013
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,411
Location: Adelaide, Australia

19 Oct 2017, 4:12 am

sly279 wrote:
DONt have the motivation anymore. Though again starving to death would save me the trouble.

Seems I’m a super terrible person beyond being worthless trash.


Sly, don't say that because if you keep on saying it there's a danger you might actually start believing it.


Image


_________________
The days are long, but the years are short


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 37,950
Location: Queens, NYC

19 Oct 2017, 9:49 am

People don't think that about you, Sly.

They might insult you for rhetorical reasons, not because they actually believe what they say.

They want to believe they are right, and you are wrong, so they lay on the insults.



sly279
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,938
Location: US

19 Oct 2017, 4:34 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
People don't think that about you, Sly.

They might insult you for rhetorical reasons, not because they actually believe what they say.

They want to believe they are right, and you are wrong, so they lay on the insults.

Did you see what they said about me? I assume so since you also posted in the threads about other stuff.



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 37,950
Location: Queens, NYC

19 Oct 2017, 6:49 pm

If they're insulting you like that, they're not basing it on anything.

They're basing their insults upon their NEED to insult---that's it.

How can they KNOW that you are all those things? They've never met you.



sly279
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,938
Location: US

23 Oct 2017, 2:11 am

0.o



Chelsie
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 12 May 2014
Gender: Female
Posts: 108

23 Oct 2017, 2:53 am

According to my doctor, about 2-3lbs a week is ideal.



Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Jan 2017
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Posts: 757
Location: Sweden

23 Oct 2017, 4:36 am

Chelsie wrote:
According to my doctor, about 2-3lbs a week is ideal.


It depends on the context.

3lbs is too aggressive for a lean person, and 1lbs is probably too slow for an obese person.



sly279
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,938
Location: US

07 Nov 2017, 3:44 am

254pounds and 43” waist



Kiki1256
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Oct 2012
Age: 20
Gender: Female
Posts: 577
Location: Somewhere...

08 Nov 2017, 7:53 pm

The only way to lose 10-15 pounds a week is by not eating anything at all and exercising on top of that! Try 1-2 pounds a week.



RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jul 2013
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,411
Location: Adelaide, Australia

09 Nov 2017, 6:40 am

Kiki1256 wrote:
The only way to lose 10-15 pounds a week is by not eating anything at all and exercising on top of that! Try 1-2 pounds a week.
I've done it and I was still eating at least once per day.


_________________
The days are long, but the years are short


Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Jan 2017
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Posts: 757
Location: Sweden

09 Nov 2017, 9:47 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Kiki1256 wrote:
The only way to lose 10-15 pounds a week is by not eating anything at all and exercising on top of that! Try 1-2 pounds a week.
I've done it and I was still eating at least once per day.


You didn't do it naturally though... I also still don't understand why you would go to such an extreme.

15 pounds of fat is roughly 52.500 calories.

You'd have to run marathons on an empty stomach for a week to get close to burning that many calories off, and even then, alot of it will be muscle and bone mass instead because it's not a smart way to lose fat.



RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jul 2013
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,411
Location: Adelaide, Australia

09 Nov 2017, 5:22 pm

It was closer to 10 pounds. I didn't run marathons but I powerwalked for two hours per day. I ate one meal per day. I lost 37 pounds in one month.


_________________
The days are long, but the years are short


Kiki1256
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Oct 2012
Age: 20
Gender: Female
Posts: 577
Location: Somewhere...

10 Nov 2017, 3:14 pm

Kiki1256 wrote:
The only way to lose 10-15 pounds a week is by not eating anything at all and exercising on top of that! Try 1-2 pounds a week.


I realized I was speaking from the perspective of a person who just needs to lose 10 or 15 pounds. I’m also very short so I weigh less than the average person but I’m still chubby. If you’re very overweight you lose weight more easily. It depends on your size



sly279
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,938
Location: US

14 Nov 2017, 1:23 am

Kiki1256 wrote:
Kiki1256 wrote:
The only way to lose 10-15 pounds a week is by not eating anything at all and exercising on top of that! Try 1-2 pounds a week.


I realized I was speaking from the perspective of a person who just needs to lose 10 or 15 pounds. I’m also very short so I weigh less than the average person but I’m still chubby. If you’re very overweight you lose weight more easily. It depends on your size


You sound cute.

I’m 254 pound and 6’3 I need to get to 150-180. So I have atleast 74 more pounds to lose :(