Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Kiki1256
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2017, 8:58 pm

What is your opinion of a disciplined, zero tolerance policy for health and fitness—as in “I work out even if I’m miserable, I eat salad even if I really don’t want salad”—-where you never, ever use stress as an excuse to slack even a little? I’m thinking of trying this mentality.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2017, 6:37 am

I did that for 6 months once, I got completely shredded.

I am not as interested in living like that anymore though, I can get 90% of those results with aot more freedom.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

12 Dec 2017, 7:01 am

Not really healthy.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2017, 1:00 pm

Kiki1256 wrote:
What is your opinion of a disciplined, zero tolerance policy for health and fitness—as in “I work out even if I’m miserable, I eat salad even if I really don’t want salad”—-where you never, ever use stress as an excuse to slack even a little? I’m thinking of trying this mentality.

I call it willpower and attitude.

You also need to find ways to be motivated to do it. Some use the gym for motivation and if they pay 80 bucks a month, they are more motivated to go there. Some use programs like zumba or yoga to make it fun so they are motivated to work out. Some go there because they do it with other people and they are motivated.
Lot of people listen to music when they jog or run and I think that helps their motivation to go out and run.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Grimnir
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Dec 2017, 9:33 pm

You still eat when you diet, or "cut" as bodybuilders call it. You just track your calories and make things that you enjoy fit, within reason. Also, do not eat salad. Lettuce expands your stomach and competitive eaters actually eat lettuce for that reason. Lettuce is completely useless. Eat spinach, or kale instead.

Grimnir
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Dec 2017, 9:36 pm

Also, do not be afraid of fat as long as it's healthy fat and saturated fat is actually good for you. If you have a whole lot of saturated fat, it can be bad but that is also way over blown. Fat doesn't make you fat, excess calories make you fat. Also, if you want to stay full longer, eat fatty foods such as cheese, or foods that take longer to digest.