Happy pill with minimal side effects?

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

alpacka
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Jul 2018, 5:13 am

When I was on Zoloft I felt numbed, I also did gain weight and felt nothing about anything.
It was not good even if it was nice to not feel irritated all the time, I was clearly more stable even if I was more boring then I´m use to be.

I´ve been off pills for more then 6 months and I´m okey most of the time but some days I´m getting really low. So I would like some modestabilisators/happy pill that can even out these drops (because I can burst out any minute now).

I have knowledge about medicine and I know for sure that for example Zoloft, Sertraline can cause breastcancer, many SSRI can, I don´t want that and I don´t want to risk that in other meds either (that´s why I´m off it). But I need something! I have not tried SNRI but they suppose to get some irregular heartbeats-problems or high pulse, that´s something I want to avoid. I´ve been thinking about Venlafaxin/SNRI but as I said, the heartbeatproblem is something I take serious.

Anyone know what would help me? I´ve be very happy for some serious advices!

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2018, 9:47 pm

If you live in California, I'd suggest you try something entirely different. Try CBD oil, particularly made from cannabis instead of hemp with at least 1% THC in it. It can manage depression, anxiety and act as a mood stabilizer without the side effects you would find in most anti depressants. No weight gain, no feeling numb, no cancer risk, only real side effect is dry mouth and possibly dry eyes or drowsiness.

guitarman2010
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2018, 8:13 am

It's hard to say how a particular drug might work on an individual. One person may not experience side effects while another person doses the same thing and the side effects could be horrible. Unfortunately many times it becomes a game of trial and error and the patient is the one that suffers. I only speak from first hand experience with the pysch med chase. I'm in a glass half empty mood right now so I see the downside of the situation.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2018, 1:01 pm

I am on Coaxil (Tianeptine) although recently I am forgetting to take it unless my mood is really bad (I keep a few pills in my bag for such times).
It's short lasting atypical antidepressant. It starts working within 20 mins from my experience and apparently it stays active for just 5h so you need to take it 3x a day, but I don't feel like I need to be on it all the time (although my doctor keeps prescribing me the 1-1-1 amount).
It also is proven to work as a neuroprotector - saving your brain from stress related damage by increasing neuroplasticity. And apparently the brain stays protected even after you stop taking the drug.

The only side effect I experienced was dry mouth for first a few weeks. And slight euphoria although it's more like a good mood (first a few days at regular dose, now at double dose if I decide to take it due to a particularly stressful day - I think it is better than taking another pill I got prescribed "for stressful days" that is way more dangerous, and I am not even crossing the recommended daily dose anyway - 2-0-1 is not that different from prescribed 1-1-1, I believe the double dose works so well because I usually take 1-0-1 or even 1-0-0).

alpacka
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Jul 2018, 2:07 pm

Kiriae wrote:
I am on Coaxil (Tianeptine) although recently I am forgetting to take it unless my mood is really bad (I keep a few pills in my bag for such times).
It's short lasting atypical antidepressant. It starts working within 20 mins from my experience and apparently it stays active for just 5h so you need to take it 3x a day, but I don't feel like I need to be on it all the time (although my doctor keeps prescribing me the 1-1-1 amount).
It also is proven to work as a neuroprotector - saving your brain from stress related damage by increasing neuroplasticity. And apparently the brain stays protected even after you stop taking the drug.

The only side effect I experienced was dry mouth for first a few weeks. And slight euphoria although it's more like a good mood (first a few days at regular dose, now at double dose if I decide to take it due to a particularly stressful day - I think it is better than taking another pill I got prescribed "for stressful days" that is way more dangerous, and I am not even crossing the recommended daily dose anyway - 2-0-1 is not that different from prescribed 1-1-1, I believe the double dose works so well because I usually take 1-0-1 or even 1-0-0).

Thank you for your advice. This medicine has many positive things and few side effects . The question is, have you been checking your liverstatus since you been on this med?

alpacka
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Jul 2018, 2:09 pm

guitarman2010 wrote:
It's hard to say how a particular drug might work on an individual. One person may not experience side effects while another person doses the same thing and the side effects could be horrible. Unfortunately many times it becomes a game of trial and error and the patient is the one that suffers. I only speak from first hand experience with the pysch med chase. I'm in a glass half empty mood right now so I see the downside of the situation.

Thats true, its alot of trial and error. I know ppl that says zoloft save their lives, another one call it "poison". But I refer to statistics where cancer are correlated to this medicines,ssri have these tendencies but snri has not... but they have the cardiovascular issues. Not easy to pick.

alpacka
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Jul 2018, 2:11 pm

Noca wrote:
If you live in California, I'd suggest you try something entirely different. Try CBD oil, particularly made from cannabis instead of hemp with at least 1% THC in it. It can manage depression, anxiety and act as a mood stabilizer without the side effects you would find in most anti depressants. No weight gain, no feeling numb, no cancer risk, only real side effect is dry mouth and possibly dry eyes or drowsiness.

Thats true but the brain also get a bit "slower" on this, even if its alot of benefits toi

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2018, 9:41 pm

Kiriae wrote:

I don't believe Tianeptine ever made it to the North American market. I've always been intrigued by it though.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2018, 9:48 pm

alpacka wrote:
Noca wrote:

Thats true but the brain also get a bit "slower" on this, even if its alot of benefits toi

CBD itself is non-psychoactive, if oil didn't do it for you there's also CBD isolate, none of the slowness but none of the euphoria.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2018, 3:41 am

alpacka wrote:
Kiriae wrote:

Thank you for your advice. This medicine has many positive things and few side effects . The question is, have you been checking your liverstatus since you been on this med?

I did not. But I am taking it for more than 1,5 year now and I don't see any health problems I could relate to it. I am catching colds more often and sometimes I get a stomachache (that goes away as soon as I lay down) or diarrhea past a few months but I believe it is related to living alone in a crowded city, on poor diet (I am on disability pension so I often buy cut-price food). Going out and using public transport every day. And dealing with a lot of stressing situations.

Before taking the medicine I was a shut in in family house in small city for 9 years - eating moms dinners and never leaving the house. My body is like a preschool kid after being isolated for that long time. I still need to gain my immunity to germs.

jackinblack
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Jul 2018, 7:00 am

Phenibut at the threshold level (200mg only) one or twice a week - relax, sociability, great sleep, great mood, but mental sharpness and focus stay there. With that dose and frequency no side effects

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2018, 9:18 am

https://www.medicinenet.com/zoloft_vs_l ... nd_lexapro

What are the differences between Zoloft vs. Lexapro?

alpacka
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Jul 2018, 4:37 pm

jackinblack wrote:
Phenibut at the threshold level (200mg only) one or twice a week - relax, sociability, great sleep, great mood, but mental sharpness and focus stay there. With that dose and frequency no side effects

Thank you. But these are like bensodiazepines, not something without side effects. The effects also do accure later then usual meds.

alpacka
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Jul 2018, 4:39 pm

BTDT wrote:
https://www.medicinenet.com/zoloft_vs_lexapro/article.htm#what_are_the_side_effects_of_zoloft_and_lexapro

What are the differences between Zoloft vs. Lexapro?

They work the same way, both are SSRI. Just a little different inside.

alpacka
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Jul 2018, 4:41 pm

Kiriae wrote:
alpacka wrote:
Kiriae wrote:

I did not. But I am taking it for more than 1,5 year now and I don't see any health problems I could relate to it. I am catching colds more often and sometimes I get a stomachache (that goes away as soon as I lay down) or diarrhea past a few months but I believe it is related to living alone in a crowded city, on poor diet (I am on disability pension so I often buy cut-price food). Going out and using public transport every day. And dealing with a lot of stressing situations.

Before taking the medicine I was a shut in in family house in small city for 9 years - eating moms dinners and never leaving the house. My body is like a preschool kid after being isolated for that long time. I still need to gain my immunity to germs.

Stress and anxiety often shows with stomach issues, yes. But I would check liverstatus as well just to be sure.