Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

matt28
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Jan 2011, 3:30 pm

I just made a soup from a recipe I found. It was delicious and I've got to share it with you all. This recipe will make 3 portions of soup, which you can eat with other people or store the other 2 portions in the fridge for another day.

Story

I've nicknamed this soup Happy Soup because I feel very content after eating it. I looked up marjoram on the internet and both the Greeks and Romans knew it as a symbol of happiness. Most marjoram is grown in Sicily, an Italian island, where a city is named after it. The local residents believe it has the power to banish sorrow.

Used as a tonic for the nervous system, marjoram is believed to be calming as it is used to soothe the nerves, reduce tension and stress; especially environmental. One of the components in marjoram is the flavonoids which have sedation qualities which help to relieve insomnia, tension headaches and migraines.

Ingredients

175g Split Green Peas
1 Onion, peeled and chopped
2 Medium Sized Potatoes, peeled and sliced
2 Leeks, sliced
2 Celery Stalks, chopped
Half a teaspoon of marjoram
1.2 Litres of Water

Method

Place the water in a large pan and bring to the boil. Put the vegetables, marjoram and split green peas in the water, and leaving the pan uncovered simmer on a medium heat for 50 minutes.

Here's to your health!

matt28
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Jan 2011, 6:58 pm

Is it too much to ask for someone to show interest in my topic? I won't bother sharing anything that might be useful with any of you in the future if you're going to ignore me. Suppose I should just crawl under a rock and stay there. I can hear lots of little bugs calling my name right now. Yeah, they'll be my friends.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2011, 8:43 pm

Geeze! Eat more soup. You don't seem very happy!

The recipe sounds good and very compatible with my mediterranean diet.

I'll prolly give it a try, but I'll likely substitute couscous for the potatoes.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2011, 2:32 am

matt28 wrote:
Is it too much to ask for someone to show interest in my topic? I won't bother sharing anything that might be useful with any of you in the future if you're going to ignore me. Suppose I should just crawl under a rock and stay there. I can hear lots of little bugs calling my name right now. Yeah, they'll be my friends.

you have lots of folk reading you right now and most certainly not ignoring you. your soup sounds delicious. i've never [knowingly] tasted marjoram before but i now have it in my head to ask my gourmand older sister about it, she is all about food [and collecting rocks].

nostromo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2011, 5:45 am

matt28 wrote:

Specifically since you are rarked about this, I have printed off your soup recipe (for real) and headed it "Matt28 soup" and I will make this and report back. Also your passion for your soup has me intrigued that it might be pretty good.

matt28
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Jan 2011, 10:48 am

GoonSquad wrote:
Geeze! Eat more soup. You don't seem very happy!

Nice comeback. :)

auntblabby wrote:
you have lots of folk reading you right now and most certainly not ignoring you. your soup sounds delicious. i've never [knowingly] tasted marjoram before but i now have it in my head to ask my gourmand older sister about it, she is all about food [and collecting rocks].

Thanks, man. Let me know if it lived up to the hype if you give it a try.

nostromo wrote:
Specifically since you are rarked about this, I have printed off your soup recipe (for real) and headed it "Matt28 soup" and I will make this and report back. Also your passion for your soup has me intrigued that it might be pretty good.

Oh God. I hope it doesn't disappoint. My name's on it now. Lol. :D

nostromo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 6:52 pm

Gonna get me some Leeks on the way home..

matt28
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Jan 2011, 12:07 am

nostromo wrote:

Hope you managed to find them. I never used to be passionate about soups, mainly because my mother always made the same one that made me feel sick. I suspect many a child who's been fed the same has gone on to be wary of soups.

LikeToHike
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 Jan 2011, 10:37 pm

matt28 wrote:
nostromo wrote:

Hope you managed to find them. I never used to be passionate about soups, mainly because my mother always made the same one that made me feel sick. I suspect many a child who's been fed the same has gone on to be wary of soups.

Your soup sounds yummy. I will try it soon. I am a vegetarian and am always looking for new recipes. It's very cold here and soup is just the thing. I have lots of soups recipes too. So if you ever need another, just ask. I hope it won't make you sick.

matt28
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Jan 2011, 1:18 am

LikeToHike wrote:
Your soup sounds yummy. I will try it soon. I am a vegetarian and am always looking for new recipes. It's very cold here and soup is just the thing. I have lots of soups recipes too. So if you ever need another, just ask. I hope it won't make you sick.

Thank you. I'm a vegetarian too and also am always looking for new recipes. At the moment I've got a lot of recipes lined up to try and am also not always able to find the time to cook with driving lessons, a biology course, therapy sessions and visits to sisters all competing for my time. So could I have just one recipe please?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2011, 1:31 am

This is my first time paging through but - sound both hearty and healthy.

Usually when I do cook my favorite things to make are soups and stews so I may have to give this one a shot.

JNathanK
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2011, 5:59 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxj4SIVqL24&feature=related[/youtube]

nostromo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2011, 1:15 am

Alrighty, I finally made this soup and just finished two bowls and feel like some more, I rate it as excellent. My wife loved it too, and reckons it would be perfect with corn in it, which I'm not so sure about myself.

Anyway thanks for the recipe. :D