What physical activities do you enjoy? :)

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

kittie
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2011, 5:13 pm

Just interested!

For me, it's long-distance running, circuit, /sometimes/ exercise DVD's, and bellydance is fun!

rabidmonkey4262
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2011, 5:59 pm

cycling mostly, but I'm doing the Chicago triathlon in August.

starryeyedvoyager
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2011, 10:31 am

Long-distance running is my thing. One of the few things that lets me get my head straight. Swimming is a good thing too, but it's hard to find places where I can be on my own. Used to go to my local swimming pool at times most people don't (like 6 in the morning or around noon on work days), but it's been closed for renovations for more than a year now. I also enjoy my martial arts training, especially sparring

Mackica
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2011, 4:47 pm

Yoga,hiking,dance,walking (one of the few people who enjoys walking!),swimming,badminton.

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2011, 6:26 am

currently judo and lifting weights :)

Grete
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2011, 6:58 am

Cycling, hiking, callanetics, swimming.

rabidmonkey4262
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2011, 7:30 am

starryeyedvoyager wrote:
Long-distance running is my thing. One of the few things that lets me get my head straight. Swimming is a good thing too, but it's hard to find places where I can be on my own. Used to go to my local swimming pool at times most people don't (like 6 in the morning or around noon on work days), but it's been closed for renovations for more than a year now. I also enjoy my martial arts training, especially sparring

Isn't it interesting how aspies seem to choose endurance sports? Nearly every post in the thread, including mine, lists some sort of extended repetitive activity. I'd say we're just using that notorious aspie persistence to our benefit.

Exercise is also the best antidepressant drug there is. Despite all my social failure, I've never had to take any medication because I exercise to release endorphins.

Baynes
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 May 2011, 2:30 pm

Honestly? I have yet to find a physical activity I can honestly say I enjoy. When I physically exert myself, I feel a heat-like sensation coming from my muscles and joints that just drives me crazy and makes me want to punch something. Only I'm too tired from the workout to be able to vent my anger/frustration and so I just sit there and want to die. It makes me feel stressed, angry, and just horrible all around. And it all comes from that warmth that builds up in my joints and muscles when I exert myself. I hate that feeling so much.

But I do it because I have to.

robin45
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 May 2011, 3:50 pm

I like to lift weights and run. I was quite skinny when I was at school and college and have been bullied but now I have a more athletic body and am not so puny. This is probably the main reason apart from the health benefits why I started a fitness regime.

rabidmonkey4262
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2011, 10:22 pm

Baynes wrote:
Honestly? I have yet to find a physical activity I can honestly say I enjoy. When I physically exert myself, I feel a heat-like sensation coming from my muscles and joints that just drives me crazy and makes me want to punch something.
Everyone feels like that when they exercise. Most people don't enjoy physical exertion as they're doing it. The after affect is the reward. You get the endorphins and the good health along with a stress-free feeling. My resting heart rate is 49, on caffeine it can jump as high as 80. Low heart rate-->less of the "stressed out" feeling. Also, no panic or anxiety. But yeah, during and right after a workout, you pretty much feel like a turd. You just gotta look for the long-term reward.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2011, 10:23 pm

kittie wrote:
What physical activities do you enjoy?

Sex, bicycling, hiking, and sex.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Baynes
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 May 2011, 6:02 am

rabidmonkey4262 wrote:
Baynes wrote:
Honestly? I have yet to find a physical activity I can honestly say I enjoy. When I physically exert myself, I feel a heat-like sensation coming from my muscles and joints that just drives me crazy and makes me want to punch something.
Everyone feels like that when they exercise. Most people don't enjoy physical exertion as they're doing it. The after affect is the reward. You get the endorphins and the good health along with a stress-free feeling. My resting heart rate is 49, on caffeine it can jump as high as 80. Low heart rate-->less of the "stressed out" feeling. Also, no panic or anxiety. But yeah, during and right after a workout, you pretty much feel like a turd. You just gotta look for the long-term reward.

I still feel like that after. That heat, it doesn't go away, and it drives me nuts.

rabidmonkey4262
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 8:23 am

Baynes wrote:
I still feel like that after. That heat, it doesn't go away, and it drives me nuts.

That's just your muscles telling you they've been worked. Nothing to worry about. It's gonna burn but that's normal pain.

bdubs
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 May 2011, 10:32 pm

surfing
spearfishing
swimming
lifting weights

Baynes
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 May 2011, 9:23 am

rabidmonkey4262 wrote:
Baynes wrote:

That's just your muscles telling you they've been worked. Nothing to worry about. It's gonna burn but that's normal pain.

It's not even a pain. It's just a mild discomfort. But it doesn't go away. And I can't get to sleep because of it. This heat going all through my body, it just makes me want to scream and cry and punch something or someone. It makes me angry, frustrated, stressed. And it doesn't go away.

Oberoth
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2011, 9:34 pm

Swimming and hiking.