Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2017, 10:23 pm

I like to play basketball with friends. TBH I am not interested in watching sports I'd rather play them but I know a few NBA players by name and I like Klay Thompson and Omri Casspi (and obviously the more legendery historic ones like Shaq, Jordan and Miller)

Anyway any other people here like to play the game? I'd say I'm not too shabby but I'm not like too great at it, certainly not enough to join a professional league without lots of practice, plus I'm only 5'11 (180.5 cm exactly) which is considered really short anyway but for me fun is always by far more important!!

I'd say though I don't like it when a game is too one sided. Like everyone on earth I like to win, but I like to work for it.... close call games are the most satisfying in my honest opinion. It's hard for me to go against people taller then me in more than 6-7 cm, it's hard to crack em for the sole reason they will always get the rebound when we both jump for it but recently I discovered that by playing low and ducking I'm able to slip by them and win with speed.

How about you guys (or girls? are there girls in these forums haha?)

kdm1984
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Feb 2017, 1:58 am

Female here who loves both playing and watching the sport. It's one of my special interests.

However, I haven't been able to play in awhile. I moved last year, and there seem to be no good basketball gyms in the area. :( Tried finding a league for ladies, but no success.

I used to play a ton when younger. Played in rec leagues, against guys and could often hold my own, etc.

I love bball.

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2017, 3:53 pm

That's cool, you shouldn't give up on your hobby, you don't need specifically a gym any city football/basketball court with 2 baskets (or you can play on 1 I guess) will suffice. And a ball. :)

You sound really good!! I never played in a league and sadly right now I don't have the time to commit to a league and to train a lot to become in great shape.