Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2017, 10:15 pm

When I order groceries online, alot of the times I want to buy chips or cookies, I wish it wasn't fattening.

Do you want to buy chips or cookies or anything unhealthy?

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2017, 5:15 am

Yes; and I know the less bread and sugar I eat the better I feel.
But ...
there is key lime pie
there is pecan pie
there is raspberry coffee cake
there are raspberry PopTarts
there are Bavarian cream filled donuts
:lol:

Muziek
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Apr 2017, 6:47 am

Yes, I buy end eat cookies and sometimes food that is a bit too salt. However that becomes unhealthy only when you don't use moderation. The same principle applies to alcohol: enjoy it fully but drink with moderation.

As a musical term for sure, "the '80s" imply the late '70s and early '90s. You can think of them as tapers of this golden decade.

Deathbox
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Apr 2017, 10:19 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
When I order groceries online, alot of the times I want to buy chips or cookies, I wish it wasn't fattening.

Do you want to buy chips or cookies or anything unhealthy?

We all do. Evolution didn't prepare us for the abundance of sugar that we have access to now, but don't be fooled into using willpower to combat it.

Fruit smoothies are my favorite way to get healthy sugars instead. The fiber slows down any potential insulin spike and doesn't mess with my blood sugar at all. Also, when you're getting all of the phytonutrients and antioxidants along with everything, it makes resisting refined sugar a - dare I say - piece of cake.

Resisting the urge works for nobody, so maybe you could try something healthy as an alternative to refined sugar as well!

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2017, 7:55 am

kitesandtrainsandcats, that made me laugh. There are so many goodies out there.

Recently, my mum has started making foods that are gluten free. And saying it's better for you. She even bought me gluten free cereal. I said, "But I'm not gluten intolerant." Then she claimed it was better for me than the other cereals.

Does anyone know if a gluten free diet is ok for someone who is not gluten intolerant or has celiac disease? I read an article that was attached to Facebook that said that going gluten free when you don't need to could eventually lead to you getting type 2 diabetes. But it didn't have a peer reviewed source so I was a bit sceptical.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2017, 8:05 am

renaeden wrote:
kitesandtrainsandcats, that made me laugh. There are so many goodies out there.

Recently, my mum has started making foods that are gluten free. And saying it's better for you. She even bought me gluten free cereal. I said, "But I'm not gluten intolerant." Then she claimed it was better for me than the other cereals.

Does anyone know if a gluten free diet is ok for someone who is not gluten intolerant or has celiac disease? I read an article that was attached to Facebook that said that going gluten free when you don't need to could eventually lead to you getting type 2 diabetes. But it didn't have a peer reviewed source so I was a bit sceptical.

Going gluten free for no reason can actually end up making you gluten intolerant. This happens when you remove certain foods for a long time and the reintroduce them, it might cause a stress response in body, because it isn't used to the gluten anymore. It is completely unnecessary, and dare I say stupid.

People really overcomplicate their nutrition these days... I think it's incredibly counterproductive.
I eat around 50-100g of sugar everyday, lots of gluten, lots of salt and lots of fat, and I still maintain a six pack.
You don't have to eliminate every goddamn food in the universe to stay healthy and lean. The problem is people operate in two extremes, they never learn moderation.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2017, 10:13 pm

Thanks Closet Genious. Your post is good common sense. If only I could get through to my mum!

Deathbox

29 Apr 2017, 11:34 pm

Closet Genious wrote:

Going gluten free for no reason can actually end up making you gluten intolerant. This happens when you remove certain foods for a long time and the reintroduce them, it might cause a stress response in body, because it isn't used to the gluten anymore. It is completely unnecessary, and dare I say stupid.

I guarantee you that doesn't happen with carrots

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

01 May 2017, 4:08 am

I binge eat on snacks like chips & ice-cream. I eat unhealthy meals too because I'm a picky eater. I really need to work on the binging for my health.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Dave_T
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 May 2017, 4:31 am

I make sure am full, when i buy food, helps a lot when am trying not to buy crap.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 144 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 66 of 200

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2017, 5:51 pm

I ordered groceries already & got Lemon Oreos, the cookies last 3 days, chips are different, I can eat half of the bag in one day.

Donuts are the worse, I can pig out on Donuts.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2017, 3:38 pm

Deathbox wrote:
Closet Genious wrote:

I guarantee you that doesn't happen with carrots

That's why I said certain foods. there's no gluten in carrots.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2017, 3:49 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
I ordered groceries already & got Lemon Oreos, the cookies last 3 days, chips are different, I can eat half of the bag in one day.

Donuts are the worse, I can pig out on Donuts.

You can eat absolutely what you want and not gain weight, as long as you keep an eye on how many calories you are taking in. For good health, I recommend getting adequate protein and fiber. If don't eat alot of nutrient dense foods, maybe supplement with a multi vitamin. Trust me when I say, that's all there is to it.

peregrina
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 May 2017, 5:51 am

I don't see anything wrong with buying some unhealthy things so long as you don't eat a lot in one day. I myself occasionally buy butter shortbreads and enjoy them with my tea. A little bit of sugar won't hurt, I believe. I am not a fanatic despite my nutrition knowledge.

crystaltermination
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 11:07 am

Grocery shopping online I find the items that break down those barriers separating logic from no self control tend to be expensive bottles of alcohol. I do love chocolate too, but have a low tolerance for sweet things so am generally safe from myself. :) Still, if I were on a specific site such as Hotel Chocolat... I would be severely tempted.