Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Feb 2008, 10:37 pm

Who will win the Superbowl?

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2008, 10:43 pm

At my local discount grocery store I happened to do my month's shopping and they usually circle the amount '*saved' over retail supermarket prices. This time there was a difference. If you put your choice of the winning team and your phone number on the sales tape you AND your check out person would get the amount you '*saved' if you picked the winning team.

So I found out what teams were playing and picked the underdog. The cashier was cool with that, too, because she said EVERY one else had been picking the other team.

because it was a BIG shopping ( and I had to return the rental truck) I '*saved $123.43 bucks American, so I hope the Giants win!

Merle

(*I say 'saved' because I would NEVER buy that stuff at regular supermarket prices!)

Giants 37
Patriots 34

final score

Last edited by sinsboldly on 02 Feb 2008, 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

k96822
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2008, 11:10 pm

The Patriots because they are just that darn good.

Yoshie777
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2008, 11:19 pm

If the Patriots win, it will be silly to see them sing "Shipoopi" like in Family Guy. :lol:

"Butt Scratcher! Butt Scratcher! Butt Scratcher!?"

We all deal with problems and strife, but it's how we deal with them that makes all the difference in the world.

"You are no accident!"
-Rick Warren

UnclScrewtape
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Feb 2008, 11:37 pm

Originally, I was hoping the Giants would knock off the Patriots. But, some developments have changed my thinking. I'm hoping the Patriots do things to the Giants that could only be described in the Adult forum.

lovebat
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Feb 2008, 12:23 am

Isn't there some way they could just both lose. The only reason I would be kinda okay with the Pats winning is that Junior Seau doesn't have a ring yet and he's deserved it for a long time.

ddrapayo
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Feb 2008, 2:49 pm

Patriots 31, Giants 28.
I am a jets fan and do not know who do root for. On one hand, I hate the Patriots, but on the other hand, I hate the Dolphins more and would like to see someone else go undefeated just to spite them.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2008, 3:08 pm

ddrapayo wrote:
Patriots 31, Giants 28.
I am a jets fan and do not know who do root for. On one hand, I hate the Patriots, but on the other hand, I hate the Dolphins more and would like to see someone else go undefeated just to spite them.

hi, Ddrapayo! I must say I first saw New York City from a riverside park in Terrytown. Awesome site from the relative countryside of the Hudson River Valley with the Palisades on the opposite shore.

Merle

ddrapayo
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Feb 2008, 3:39 pm

It's amazing what super bowl stuff you can bet on. You can bet on how long it will take to sing the national anthem (over/under is 1:42), whether the player who scores the first touchdown will have an even or odd uniform number, whether the coin toss will be heads or tails, who will win the coin toss, which ad will be the best according to USA Today, how many times Archie Manning will be shown on the broadcast, as well as a score of things relating to Tom Petty's halftime show, such as whether he will smoke a joint during the show or have a "wardrobe malfunction." Get this; you can even bet on who the MVP will thank first in his speech. But the greatest Super Bowl Bet ever (or at least this year) is "What is the color of the liquid the winning coach will be doused with?"

Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2008, 5:34 pm

Why are people actually voting for the giants?

ddrapayo
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Feb 2008, 5:49 pm

886 wrote:

They might have a chance. I doubt it, but it will be a close game.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2008, 8:07 pm

886 wrote:

Cause they shall win, 886, watch and see

Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2008, 2:30 am

ddrapayo wrote:
886 wrote:

They might have a chance. I doubt it, but it will be a close game.

Eli Manning just played a fluke through the playoffs. Remind you of another quarterback last season? Oh, Rex Grossman.

Everchanging
Toucan
Toucan

Location: In my ivory tower where I don't have to pretend to care what you think any more.

03 Feb 2008, 9:47 am

886 wrote:
Eli Manning just played a fluke through the playoffs. Remind you of another quarterback last season? Oh, Rex Grossman.

Ah, but the Bears offence were almost completely dependent on Grossman, and were only 15th in the league rushing. Brandon Jacobs, on the other hand, is averaging 5 yards a carry this season. Similarly tonight pits 2 top 10 defences against each other, and the Giants led the NFL in sacks (53) this season. There are enough reasons to suggest the Giants at least have a chance, not least of all Brady coming off a Conference Championship where he threw 3 interceptions...

ddrapayo
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Feb 2008, 9:52 am

The Patriots defense is overrated. They allowed 35 points to the Giants week 17. That being said, I think Manning and Jacobs are overrated as well. But we'll see...

ed
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2008, 10:07 am

ddrapayo wrote:
The Patriots defense is overrated. They allowed 35 points to the Giants week 17. That being said, I think Manning and Jacobs are overrated as well. But we'll see...

As I see it, Manning had a career day, and he got a lot of help from some incompetent refs.

If the Pats offensive line can protect Brady, it will be a lopsided victory; if not, it will be a close game, and the Pats haven't lost a close game all season :lol:

My prediction: Pats 34, Giants 13

Time is standing still! Will kickoff never get here? :D