Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Iwannadie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Aug 2015, 9:12 pm

For awhile my kid was okay. tonight we were talking about my health problem ( Dr. told me to get an ultrasound from my liver because my blood test was not good, liver enzymes were so elevated. But I didn't do it, my private insurance doesn't cover that, so I am not going to pay $160 to a private clinic. I will do it in a hospital, I got an appointment for 2.5 months later). Anyhow, we were talking, I know I shouldn't talk about the stuff that makes her worry, but it slipped out :(
Anyway, she went to bathroom, I heard she is crying, and then when she came out she had a melt down. she was yelling repeatedly that she is angry, and throwing things. Her mouth was full of foam. It was scary, it looked like if demon possessed her. I asked her if I should leave her alone, but she cried: "no, don't leave me, I am scared." I came back to her, again she was yelling she is angry over and over and when I tried to hug her, she punched me few times. I cried and asked her to go to her bed room. she lay down in her bed, she got calm and she was scared and crying asking me :"what happened mommy, what happened, I am so scared".

what could it be? I am scared too :(

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

30 Aug 2015, 8:03 pm

It may be an Aspie meltdown

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

AKAnnieDreaD
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Sep 2015, 7:27 pm

I call it a Bipolar Temper Tantrum. Than she felt bad. I personally believe if this is the case and it happens frequently. Than consider her stresses, and test her boundaries.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2015, 8:20 pm

Iwannadie wrote:
For awhile my kid was okay. tonight we were talking about my health problem ( Dr. told me to get an ultrasound from my liver because my blood test was not good, liver enzymes were so elevated. But I didn't do it, my private insurance doesn't cover that, so I am not going to pay $160 to a private clinic. I will do it in a hospital, I got an appointment for 2.5 months later). Anyhow, we were talking, I know I shouldn't talk about the stuff that makes her worry, but it slipped out :(
Anyway, she went to bathroom, I heard she is crying, and then when she came out she had a melt down. she was yelling repeatedly that she is angry, and throwing things. Her mouth was full of foam. It was scary, it looked like if demon possessed her. I asked her if I should leave her alone, but she cried: "no, don't leave me, I am scared." I came back to her, again she was yelling she is angry over and over and when I tried to hug her, she punched me few times. I cried and asked her to go to her bed room. she lay down in her bed, she got calm and she was scared and crying asking me :"what happened mommy, what happened, I am so scared".

what could it be? I am scared too :(

Demons have not been proven to exist.

The belief in demonic possession is an inability to understand unusual human behavior, be it medical or psychological.

OT: Why do you want to die?

Anachron
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Sep 2015, 9:17 pm

Do you spend money on her medical needs that she may be aware of? Could she feel responsible for your health if she has heard you talk of her costs in the past?

One of my first memories is when my dad paid for me to ride the elephant at a circus. Afterwards, as we were walking away, my little sister asked for something and he said, "No, I don't have any more money."
I still want to cry thinking about it.
I wish that I had not asked to ride the elephant because it indirectly made my sister sad.

Probably a long shot but that is what it made me think of.

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2015, 1:32 am

Sounds a bit like the meltdown + panic attacks our daughter has. They're a reaction to frustration &/or fear that has escalated past her control, very quickly. Highly sensitive people are often also sensitive to *internal* stimuli and can get over-stimulated by emotion just like with other sensory input. They can be scary to parents, but are 10x more scary to the child. Not much rational gets through until she calms down, so we've developed a few habits over the years. First thing is reduce stimulus - for our dd, it's auditory that has to go. Kinda hard when she's screaming, but if we make sure there are not other sources and don't answer back except in calm tones with minimal words, it happens. Then we provide her with physical security with (if possible) a sort of sitting tight hug. Kinda like sitting criss-cross except with legs open & her in the "cage", while the adult's arms encircle her tightly. Knees can push in, too, just enough to provide pressure. Then we wait. She understands now about adrenaline; once we remind her she finds it easier to hang on for the 15-20 minutes it takes to burn off. During that time, there is very little talking. Doesn't always work but when she sees one of us offering it, it provides stability & gives her a little control just knowing she has a tool available she can choose to use, or not.

Iwannadie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Sep 2015, 6:56 am

Edenthiel wrote:
Sounds a bit like the meltdown + panic attacks our daughter has. They're a reaction to frustration &/or fear that has escalated past her control, very quickly. Highly sensitive people are often also sensitive to *internal* stimuli and can get over-stimulated by emotion just like with other sensory input. They can be scary to parents, but are 10x more scary to the child. Not much rational gets through until she calms down, so we've developed a few habits over the years. First thing is reduce stimulus - for our dd, it's auditory that has to go. Kinda hard when she's screaming, but if we make sure there are not other sources and don't answer back except in calm tones with minimal words, it happens. Then we provide her with physical security with (if possible) a sort of sitting tight hug. Kinda like sitting criss-cross except with legs open & her in the "cage", while the adult's arms encircle her tightly. Knees can push in, too, just enough to provide pressure. Then we wait. She understands now about adrenaline; once we remind her she finds it easier to hang on for the 15-20 minutes it takes to burn off. During that time, there is very little talking. Doesn't always work but when she sees one of us offering it, it provides stability & gives her a little control just knowing she has a tool available she can choose to use, or not.

Thank you for your reply. Isn't hugging or touching an stimulus too? in the past, I tried hugging her when she had meltdown, but I was punched or kicked.