Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

sodaskate
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Sep 2016, 11:53 am

I was diagnosed with high functioning autism when I was 7. im 20 now. About 3-4 months ago I started wondering what it was that i was missing socially, it wasnt an issue for me before then because i wasnt looking for it. My question is whether or not im having social delusions. In other words am I looking for social exchange and seeing it when its not really there. Almost like a hidden meaning or message in a conversation. say for instance someone wanted to hint that i was annoying but never used to word annoying or a synonym for it. or how myself or others (consciousness/ being) could be defined symbolically as a car or truck. I've dealt with social anxiety for a long time now, so much so that i would just sit around while people i was with just commented on me and i couldn't have cared less, let alone know if they were actually talking about me low key or if i was being paranoid. another example would be if someone said "ive got to be at work in an hour" could possibly mean "i dont have time for this right now" or something like that. I guess like cases of "double speak" its just starting to get to me, like i thought i had stumbled on something but now its like i dont even know.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2016, 6:07 pm

Detecting BS when someone is telling you one thing but means another isn't schizophrenia, it is just being more aware of other's intentions. With enough experience and observations you can start to predict future outcomes in social situations or other areas of life, but that doesn't mean you can see the future or read people's minds or mean you are paranoid.

As for social anxiety, usually that means you are preoccupied with what others are thinking about you which results in anxiety. That is pretty much what social anxiety is.

Soulsparrer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Oct 2016, 9:01 pm

sodaskate wrote:
I was diagnosed with high functioning autism when I was 7. im 20 now. About 3-4 months ago I started wondering what it was that i was missing socially, it wasnt an issue for me before then because i wasnt looking for it. My question is whether or not im having social delusions. In other words am I looking for social exchange and seeing it when its not really there. Almost like a hidden meaning or message in a conversation. say for instance someone wanted to hint that i was annoying but never used to word annoying or a synonym for it. or how myself or others (consciousness/ being) could be defined symbolically as a car or truck. I've dealt with social anxiety for a long time now, so much so that i would just sit around while people i was with just commented on me and i couldn't have cared less, let alone know if they were actually talking about me low key or if i was being paranoid. another example would be if someone said "ive got to be at work in an hour" could possibly mean "i dont have time for this right now" or something like that. I guess like cases of "double speak" its just starting to get to me, like i thought i had stumbled on something but now its like i dont even know.

No that's not schizophrenia; the symptoms of schizophrenia include thing such as paranoid or delusional thinking (e.x the Illuminati is monitoring my thoughts), seeing or hearing things which aren't real, and disorganized thought or speech.

Here's an example of what schizophrenia looks like:

torch_
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Oct 2016, 11:21 am

As far as I'm aware, you can't really 'develop' Schizophrenia either? It's something that happens when you're younger and continues through life, is what I've most commonly heard/read about. Some people argue or disagree with it, but I can only go on what I've read about.

Goardon
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Dec 2016, 12:18 am

discursion and schizophrenia are not the same thing. XD LOL

they are just associated with one another by people with no discursion. XD LOL
- people just want to say you are, make you think your defined as such, etc etc, so that they are not regarded as being insane, bigoted idiots.
they make you the target (all rational people) by asserting your insane for not accommodating their bigotry and insolence, arrogance or oppression.

you're good man. you're good.