Page 4 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Blindwolf
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Jun 2017, 12:55 am

I have:
Prosopagnosia
ADHD Inattentive Type
Aspergers/ASD [This seems to depend based on what book the doc uses, or so that is what I was told, but it is Aspergers]

icechai
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Jun 2017, 10:38 am

Depression with psychotic features
General anxiety
Panic attacks presenting as fits of rage
generally tired most of the time, but its due to low (hypo) thyroid

MrIpcac
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Jun 2017, 6:27 am

My only official diagnosis is ADHD from when I was 16. Have been on medication for it since then. I'm sure it's the combined type.

I'm still not sure if I'm on the autism spectrum or not. Maybe, maybe not.

I probably have some kind of social anxiety/phobia or avoidant personality thing going, but no diagnosis there either.

AdamDZ
Toucan
Toucan

22 Jun 2017, 12:03 am

I was diagnosed with GAD, Severe Depression and Schizoid Personality disorder about 10 years ago after undergoing an expanded set of psychological testing. Until then the doc treated me just for GAD and depression but nothing clearly works. Henever agreed with the Shizoid part of the diagnosis. My depression and anxiety resisted all meds with spectacular regularity and predictability.

I'm on a sick leave since in the last 6 months he changed the diagnosis to Bipolar disorder since he identified periods of mania by interviewing my wife and my boss. So we started new meds, accelerated change to get off of antidepressants. On top of that, I have annoying Restless Legs Syndrome that prevents me from falling asleep, two out of five nights.

I hope he's right this time and the mood stabilizers will help. I can't take this roller coaster any more. I'm 50 years old and might just try to retire early as doing works has become mostly impossible.

alk123
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Jun 2017, 12:31 am

Growing up, was dx with: OCD, generalized anxiety disorder, Dysthymia, Tourettes...More recently was suggested Complex PTSD.

paintmepink
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Jun 2017, 4:04 am

I've been hospitalized twice for schizophrenia. I've heard voices in the past. Not bad voices, just... voices.

DrLoco
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Jun 2017, 10:20 pm

Autism spectrum disorder, auditory processing disorder, ADHD, and schizotypal personality disorder.

In other words, I'm quite the eccentric.

Butterfly88
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2017, 1:18 pm

PTSD
OCD
I also struggle with anxiety, depression, and paranoia (I have people in my head but I'm told it doesn't qualify as psychosis).

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2017, 1:55 pm

Currently I'm "Bipolar NOS"

I've also been diagnosed as a child with ADHD but Gifted and I had a severe problem with spelling, as an adult I used to be diagnosed with Schizoaffective, Anxiety and Borderline Personality.

Autism Spectrum comes up A LOT but I do not have the finances to actually get it diagnosed.

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

paintmepink
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Jul 2017, 9:07 am

Angnix wrote:
Currently I'm "Bipolar NOS"

I've also been diagnosed as a child with ADHD but Gifted and I had a severe problem with spelling, as an adult I used to be diagnosed with Schizoaffective, Anxiety and Borderline Personality.

Autism Spectrum comes up A LOT but I do not have the finances to actually get it diagnosed.

You know how I got diagnosed for free? Well... not free, but for a small price.

I took out a student loan to go to school for a program that didn't have any requirements other than a high school diploma (I was strapped for cash so I needed a loan from somewhere so I went to school) I dropped out. Before I dropped out I went to a school counselor who referred me to Service Canada (I don't know what the equivalent is in your area) and they referred me to a worker who then referred me to a Neuropsychologist, who then assessed me for hours and wrote up a diagnosis for me.

Thank god too, because I was able to find a compassionate service worker who wrote up all of the documents I needed for disability. Her son also has Aspergers.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2017, 8:45 pm

synthpop wrote:
autism spectrum disorder.
(extremely severe) obsessive-compulsive disorder.
(severe) panic disorder.
(severe) agoraphobia.
(severe) somatic symptom disorder.
(severe in the past) major depressive disorder.
(severe in the past) transient tic disorder.
(severe in the past) excoriation disorder.
attention deficit disorder predominantly inattentive type.
specific learning disorder with impairment in mathematics.

obsessive-compulsive disorder has been the most difficult thing for me to cope with. OCD led me to develop panic disorder, agoraphobia, somatic symptom disorder, and transient tic disorder. at one point i was completely unable to leave my house for months due to a nonstop fear of vomiting, a fear that my heart would stop, a fear that i would be killed or that i would kill someone. i was blinking as hard and as fast as i could, all the time, and was always aware of my blinking and breathing. i'd often count my breaths and blinks. i've dealt with OCD and the other aforementioned related disorders since i was at least 6 years old. i still only go outside once every few weeks and leave my house once every few months. i used to be unable to go outside without being dragged by someone as i cried, kicked, and screamed while convulsing and panicking. i genuinely thought i would die if i went outside.

i remember having multiple panic attacks a day while in elementary school because i was so scared of contracting an illness. on my 7th birthday i remember spelling words in my head while moving my tongue from the left of my mouth, to the middle, to the right, while counting. i rearranged things constantly and would always ask for more paper in class to re-write assignments. i was raised in a christian household, and would be brought to tears upon thinking of hell. even just thinking the word 'hell' in my mind was enough to cause me to begin to weep and panic. i struggled with obsessions pertaining to purity, and even now, as someone that's not religious, i still struggle with obsessions of 'purity,' despite there being no religious incentive. i've been picking my skin off since i was a kid, i'd intentionally scrape my knees and scratch myself until i bled so i could have scabs to pick. i pick and bite the skin around my fingernails off. i pick at acne. i pick at everything. it's a lot more under control than it was in the past, but i have 'episodes' every so often during which i pick at my skin for an hour or so.

as i got older, the obsessions and compulsions. became a lot less innocent. when i entered high school, my intrusive thoughts worsened and i began to have uncontrollable images of mangled bodies, rotting vomit, violent suicides, etc. flashing in my mind. i didn't want to think of these things, it was essentially completely uncontrollable, although, at times, i would 'test' myself by intentionally thinking of horrible things to see if i would derive any pleasure from it, to determine whether or not i was a terrible and twisted human being or not. i felt like a disgusting cretin for these thoughts. i feared that i would become a pedophile or a serial killer, despite never having the urge to ever assault or hurt anyone, ever. i fear performing horrible actions because i don't want to perform horrible actions. i think to myself, "well, i may not want to hurt anyone right now, but what if, one day, i suddenly want to hurt someone? what if i snap one day?" it causes me to panic and want to isolate myself from everyone.
i get the urge to do stupid and outlandish things, like jump out of a window, shout obscenities, punch people, stab myself, knock large objects over, pull alarms, etc. it's not an 'urge' as much as an odd realization that i could easily do these things, then i experience a lingering feeling of being on-edge which feels similar to an 'urge,' but i have no actual desire to perform these actions despite that 'urge' being there do perform them.
my biggest fear until i was about 16 was vomit. i was always preoccupied with a fear of emesis. someone would cough and i would immediately begin to fear the worst--"what if they're sick? what if they begin to feel nauseous? what if they vomit? what if their vomiting causes others around me to vomit? what if it causes me to vomit?" i would focus on vomit so much to the point it would cause me to become genuinely nauseous, which made me panic more, which made me more nauseous, ad infinitum. i get scared i have cancer, i get scared of having a heart attack. i fear that my veins will burst open. i refuse to take most medicine, even when i'm terribly, genuinely physically ill, because i fear the side-effects. i fear bugs crawling into my ears as i sleep and eating away at the insides of my head. i used to be terrified of parasites as a child.

as for major depressive disorder, whatever. it's nothing special. i was once actively suicidal for months straight, but now there's just a pervasive heaviness and relentless feeling of worthlessness. suicidal ideation comes and goes in waves but i highly doubt i'll ever kill myself, especially since having experienced the suicide of my cousin, my best friend for my entire life. i don't want to fail him. i wish i could be someone worthy of happiness. it's not that i wish to be happy--to be happy in my situation would render one a fool. so, i do not wish to be happy in spite of my current situation, i wish to be in an entirely different situation in which i could be genuinely happy for good reason.

Fwiw, I am deeply saddened by what you have endured and continue to face. I know it won't help, of course, but I feel compelled to tell you.
I hope somehow you can find even a little peace.
You don't deserve the hell which you are suffering.
Be well.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2017, 8:48 pm

Butterfly88 wrote:
PTSD
OCD
I also struggle with anxiety, depression, and paranoia (I have people in my head but I'm told it doesn't qualify as psychosis).

could the ppl in your head be Diss. Identity Disorder??

wisenupjanetweiss

24 Jul 2017, 6:45 pm

I have:

Autism Spectrum Disorder
ADHD
Bipolar I with psychosis
(Past) Bulimia
Generalized Anxiety Disorder
Mild OCD with comorbid dermatillomania and mild trichtillomania

Autism + OCD contamination issues mean I can only drink bottled water and boy is that some fresh hell.