Page 16 of 62 [ 980 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 62  Next

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 10:35 pm

DataB4 wrote:
Brit, your posts are really helpful in understanding what a shutdown feels like. Thanks for sharing.

I am so glad to hear that my posts have helped you in some way, DataB4. It is nice to see you. : ))

Edit- I neglected to mention that the information you share, has always been helpful and of interest to me, as well...

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 12:32 am

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Britte wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

Thank you so much for replying, Britte. Today and last night have been really tough days. I can't wait to get home. I had one good sleep so far since the end of July, and even then I woke up multiple times throughout the night. I am definitely laying off the electronics tonight as well. I feel like I've gone delusional and I'm slowly losing insight and becoming schizophreni.

Music is very therapeutic for me as well. Whilst I do not experience synesthesia (unless you count visualizing the months of the year and the days of the week in certain shapes- which isn't synesthesia, I know) but music is amazing for me. I love listening to the same song over and over while rocking in my rocking chair. I love doing that when I am stressed from school (which is all the time) and I find it extremely relaxing.

I am doing better now- AGT is on soon! I hope you are having a nice day as well. Thank you for the best wishes- I hope the same for you as well :mrgreen: !

I wish I knew how to break up your comment/post, into separate parts, as I have seen Ferris do, on occasion.

One good night of sleep in a period of two weeks could explain everything that you are experiencing, at the present time, in my opinion (but that is just my opinion). I'll bet, once you return home and get well rested, and get back to a regular routine, have your music and rocking chair to settle you, and the other things that ground you, you will recover yourself. Like you, I utilized music to recover from school. Everyday, after school, I would go straight to my bedroom and get lost in my music. Music has had a profound effect on my mind, my environment, my entire life. I am so glad that it has such a positive effect on you, as well.

May I ask what AGT is? Thank you. You are most welcome for the best wishes, SSF. Thank you for your best wishes, too. : )

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Is it like a line break between paragraphs that you are talking about?

Thank you so much. All I want to do is sleep through the night once! It seems like that isn't helping things at all. Music is the best sound ever! It alleviates all my stress and I am able to finally relax when I'm listening to it.

AGT is America's Got Talent :mrgreen: . I love that show so much. It's kind of like my "special interest." I'm getting a custom watch made soon with the judges' pictures on it too!

Thank you so much for everything. You're a great friend to have. I hope you have fun in the music forum (if that's where you plan on posting).

You don't have to thank me, Stampy, but, you are welcome. Thank you for the extensive support you have given to me. I was truly, in a bad way with my own anxiety/obsessive thinking, for several days, a couple weeks, even, and you and Ferris made me feel that I wasn't alone. You have been a great friend to me, and I value your friendship, immensely.

What I mean by breaking up the quotes into counterparts, is - I would quote the first sentence in your post, then respond to it, then quote the next bit, then respond to that, and so on. I hope I am making sense.

Thanks for explaining AGT. That's a nice thing to have as a special interest. I have watched, on a few occasions, and I have quite enjoyed the singing and a few other types of performances. How lovely that you are getting a custom AGT watch made! I hope you enjoy it, very much! : )

Thank you! I do enjoy the music forum, however, I rarely have enough time to spend there. At best, I may post a song or two, and listen to a couple of songs that others post, a few days out of the week. Apart from there, I have spent most of my WP time in this forum, and almost exclusively in this thread, for the past few days. If I may add - this adjustment is proving to be quite positive in terms of the degree of anxiety I have experienced, in comparison to just a few days, ago. Little adjustments such as this, can make a big difference. :wink: :mrgreen:

edit - I just thought of this. A very nice man who I work with, has a son, who has Alopecia, and his son, recently, went to speak about it, at an event of some kind, and, the judge on AGT who has OCD, saw him speaking, and he, in turn, invited my colleague's son to see the show, live, and, just a few days, ago, he showed me some lovely photos taken of his son and the judge. I wonder if he was taped, and perhaps, you may have seen him. He is 9 years old, I believe. That would be a fun coincidence. : ))

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 2:05 am

SaveFerris wrote:
If it's not painful and nobody minds sharing could you please describe what your senses go through with shutdowns , meltdowns.

For the longest time when I've had an episode ( of whatever is wrong with me ) I've believed I was going mad , felt like I was losing touch with reality , I get hypervigilant and make up all sort of crazy things in my mind but never cross the line where they become delusions ( i.e. completely believe the crazy stuff ) although it doesn't seem far off. I always feel like the next time might be the time I do become delusional and never come back.

Forgive me, as I have already addressed this^, twice, previously, but, I just recalled something. I mentioned that this is what I experience, verbatim, but, I think I had misunderstood, as I put it into a specific context, while initially, reading your description, and after re reading it, again, it has occured to me that you are describing the very same phenomenon/experience I had, and spoke of, within your 'Reading Between The Lines' thread. I had one incident, whereby, I became hyper vigilant, to an extreme (I think I referred to it as paranoid or delusional), and what my therapist told me, is that my mind went into a state referred to, as, 'splitting'. I could not, effectively, process information I had taken in or realized, about a particular event that had occurred at the time, as it was too much for me to bear, and I had just gone through a similar event, the chemicals and neurons in my brain were rapid-firing, I had distorted, exaggerated, and somewhat delusional thoughts, and according to my therapist, who I was seeing at the time, 'splitting' occurred as a protection mechanism against a full blown, psychotic break. A psychotic break would have been the next step, I think. After I learned this, I did some research that literally, described exactly, what I experienced (I am going to try to find it, if I can trace back my steps). Thankfully, it had been my Mom, who took the brunt of my very off-kilter responses, when she told me I was having completely, irrational responses to the things she had said to me. I had reacted in a way that was brought on by a completely different incident. The reason it was said, not to be a psychotic break was because, I was in my mind, and aware of what was happening, while it was taking place, and I was simply in hyper vigilance overdrive, or, perhaps paranoia, as the result of an extreme amount of anxiety. In my research, I found a piece about a woman who wound up in the hospital as the result of what the doctor there, described as splitting, due to exposure to an event that her mind couldn't accept, if I am recalling, correctly. It, also turned out that she had severe PTSD, which, I do have PTSD from the incident that caused my, aforementioned, mental experience. Please forgive my sloppy/rambling explanation.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 7:55 am

DataB4 wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
I'm extremely scared right now :( .

Last night, some of the paranoid feelings I have been experiencing went away after I was distracted for a little bit, and I was happy but at the same time wanted to make sure I still didn't think any paranoid/delusional thoughts were true. I went through all the delusional thoughts I could think of, but then I thought about things like aliens communicating with me. I know that is delusional, but for some reason I don't feel like it's delusional anymore. Part of me feels like that could happen, even though I know it's not happening to me. This is so scary. I feel like I'm losing insight, as other paranoid thoughts don't feel as paranoid anymore either. I am still resisting and trying to stop these thoughts, but I think part of me is starting to think these are normal thoughts. I was up at 4:00 in the morning and I couldn't fall back asleep because I had to keep checking whether I believed it or not. This is so scary. I'm losing insight. Why on earth would I think these thoughts are normal? I keep checking to see if I believe this thought and I don't think my insight has gotten any better. I am having a very hard time right now. Any advice would be appreciated :cry: .

I'm going to tell you what my mother used to tell me: 'You're testing yourself, playing with your head.' My thoughts are the worst the more I worry about them. Since I also had unusual and even violent intrusive thoughts, my mother would continually reassure me, 'Your thoughts can't hurt you.' They subsided only when I came to believe her. I know exactly what you mean about needing that reassurance to feel better. I still get like that at times.

SaveFerris wrote:
I know there is nothing I can say to you ease your obsessional thinking except that - it's obsessional thinking. You know far more about it than me except I may have been doing it longer :lol:

The following is just an idea that might help , it's what I do and it doesn't always help but may help you. I may not even have OCD so it maybe complete balderdash.

Quote:
When I get to the point where there is that twinge of doubt I try to analyze why I am doubting it ( apart from the OCD reason ) , am I feeling a little more depressed than normal , am I more anxious than normal , did something happen that upset me , did I read or watch something on TV that struck a chord, all these things can affect my thought patterns so instead of jumping to the worst conclusion ( which will happen :roll: ) , I try and pinpoint if something happened to me that's affected my thinking and is clouding my judgement.

That's really helpful advice that can work with all kinds of anxiety and depression. I'm going to remember that. :-) What you wrote really resonates with me.

Brit, your posts are really helpful in understanding what a shutdown feels like. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you for your advice. My intrusive paranoid thoughts usually come in "waves", so I can go a few months without having almost any, but I'll be worried about something else. Like for one month I'll get a whole bunch or paranoid thoughts, the next I'm worried about hallucinations, and the next I'm worried about negative symptoms like alogia, avolition, and anhedonia. I was so worried because I've never really had the "lack of insight" that it was a delusional thought before, which I'm definitely telling my psychologist about because I feel like I'm losing my insight. Thank you so much for your advice, though :D .

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 8:17 am

Britte wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Britte wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

Thank you so much for replying, Britte. Today and last night have been really tough days. I can't wait to get home. I had one good sleep so far since the end of July, and even then I woke up multiple times throughout the night. I am definitely laying off the electronics tonight as well. I feel like I've gone delusional and I'm slowly losing insight and becoming schizophreni.

Music is very therapeutic for me as well. Whilst I do not experience synesthesia (unless you count visualizing the months of the year and the days of the week in certain shapes- which isn't synesthesia, I know) but music is amazing for me. I love listening to the same song over and over while rocking in my rocking chair. I love doing that when I am stressed from school (which is all the time) and I find it extremely relaxing.

I am doing better now- AGT is on soon! I hope you are having a nice day as well. Thank you for the best wishes- I hope the same for you as well :mrgreen: !

I wish I knew how to break up your comment/post, into separate parts, as I have seen Ferris do, on occasion.

One good night of sleep in a period of two weeks could explain everything that you are experiencing, at the present time, in my opinion (but that is just my opinion). I'll bet, once you return home and get well rested, and get back to a regular routine, have your music and rocking chair to settle you, and the other things that ground you, you will recover yourself. Like you, I utilized music to recover from school. Everyday, after school, I would go straight to my bedroom and get lost in my music. Music has had a profound effect on my mind, my environment, my entire life. I am so glad that it has such a positive effect on you, as well.

May I ask what AGT is? Thank you. You are most welcome for the best wishes, SSF. Thank you for your best wishes, too. : )

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Is it like a line break between paragraphs that you are talking about?

Thank you so much. All I want to do is sleep through the night once! It seems like that isn't helping things at all. Music is the best sound ever! It alleviates all my stress and I am able to finally relax when I'm listening to it.

AGT is America's Got Talent :mrgreen: . I love that show so much. It's kind of like my "special interest." I'm getting a custom watch made soon with the judges' pictures on it too!

Thank you so much for everything. You're a great friend to have. I hope you have fun in the music forum (if that's where you plan on posting).

You don't have to thank me, Stampy, but, you are welcome. Thank you for the extensive support you have given to me. I was truly, in a bad way with my own anxiety/obsessive thinking, for several days, a couple weeks, even, and you and Ferris made me feel that I wasn't alone. You have been a great friend to me, and I value your friendship, immensely.

What I mean by breaking up the quotes into counterparts, is - I would quote the first sentence in your post, then respond to it, then quote the next bit, then respond to that, and so on. I hope I am making sense.

Thanks for explaining AGT. That's a nice thing to have as a special interest. I have watched, on a few occasions, and I have quite enjoyed the singing and a few other types of performances. How lovely that you are getting a custom AGT watch made! I hope you enjoy it, very much! : )

Thank you! I do enjoy the music forum, however, I rarely have enough time to spend there. At best, I may post a song or two, and listen to a couple of songs that others post, a few days out of the week. Apart from there, I have spent most of my WP time in this forum, and almost exclusively in this thread, for the past few days. If I may add - this adjustment is proving to be quite positive in terms of the degree of anxiety I have experienced, in comparison to just a few days, ago. Little adjustments such as this, can make a big difference. :wink: :mrgreen:

edit - I just thought of this. A very nice man who I work with, has a son, who has Alopecia, and his son, recently, went to speak about it, at an event of some kind, and, the judge on AGT who has OCD, saw him speaking, and he, in turn, invited my colleague's son to see the show, live, and, just a few days, ago, he showed me some lovely photos taken of his son and the judge. I wonder if he was taped, and perhaps, you may have seen him. He is 9 years old, I believe. That would be a fun coincidence. : ))

Thank you so much for considering me a friend! You don't have yo worry or post anything here that worries you- we all understand and support whatever you post here or anywhere else. You're definitely not alone- you're with about 18% of the population! (I think it's probably more, since a lot of people don't seek help at first- including myself).

Oh yeah, I've seen that too. I don't know any other way to do it than copying the part you want to quote, making a new post, clicking the quote icon (it should be with the bolded/italic icons, I think), and pasting the part you want to quote. There's probably a much simpler way, though- I just don't know it yet :mrgreen:.

Thank you! I love watching AGT, and I watch the episodes and acts over and over because they are great! My favorite act this year is a group called The Masqueraders- they are singers and can harmonize really well! I can't wait for my watch, because then when I go to school I can have AGT with me all the time :mrgreen: !

That's great! I'm glad you are still enjoying the music forum but also having a more positive experience here. If I post anything that bothers you, than feel free to ask and I will edit it. I know some things posted on here have bothered me (the one about me having schizophrenia), so don't feel rude or intrusive asking me to get rid of any post :mrgreen: . Also, feel free to not share anything here that will cause you anxiety. I haven't posted my OCD "journey" here yet since it would take a long time and I feel it would be bad for my health at the moment. So basically, you're not alone with not posting things that bother you :D !

Which judge was it? Was it Howie Mandel (the bald one)? He has OCD too! I've read his book Don't Touch Me and he is my favorite judge on the show. That's so amazing how your coworkers son got to meet him- that must have been so cool! I don't know if I saw him, but I missed part of AGT before because we were late getting back from eating dinner, so he may have been on the show! When I get home I will go back and see, since it won't let me rewatch episodes here at the beach.

I hope you are having a good day/night/rest! :mrgreen:

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 10:43 am

^Good Morning/Day/Evening, SSF ~

Thank you for your response, and all the nice information, your thoughtful, caring and considerate offer to delete anything that could be bothersome to me. I appreciate knowing that you would do that for me/anyone! I would do the same, and always try to consider how my own words/explanations and so on, could effect another person, or a person's experience. I will let you know, SSF. I normally, rely on myself and some coping mechanisms I've put in place for myself, but your kindness and empathy touches me. It is so helpful to know that you understand that it might take me some time to write of my own OCD (or other) experience, and it's ok to wait until the time is right, instead of focusing on it when it could make some difficulties worse.

Indeed, he is in fact, the judge in the photos/'the bald judge' (my colleague's son is now bald, as well, as the result of Alopecia, and he wants to spread awareness, so, he speaks at his elementary school and other schools and events and so-forth). It would seem that Howie Mendel is having a positive impact on many people who experience OCD. I am going to read about his symptoms. Perhaps, I might read his book. Thanks for mentioning it. Speaking of OCD books, my sister gave me a very good one, and I utilize it, as needed. I wonder if you have heard of it. The title is: Freedom From Obsessive Compulsive Disorder - A Personal Recovery Program For Living With Uncertainty, by Johnathan Grayson, PHD. It has helped me quite a bit, with both, OCD and anxiety.

Indeed, my day is off to a good start. Thank you!
I hope you are having a good day/evening/rest, too ! : ) :mrgreen:

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 2:39 pm

Britte wrote:
^Good Morning/Day/Evening, SSF ~

Thank you for your response, and all the nice information, your thoughtful, caring and considerate offer to delete anything that could be bothersome to me. I appreciate knowing that you would do that for me/anyone! I would do the same, and always try to consider how my own words/explanations and so on, could effect another person, or a person's experience. I will let you know, SSF. I normally, rely on myself and some coping mechanisms I've put in place for myself, but your kindness and empathy touches me. It is so helpful to know that you understand that it might take me some time to write of my own OCD (or other) experience, and it's ok to wait until the time is right, instead of focusing on it when it could make some difficulties worse.

Indeed, he is in fact, the judge in the photos/'the bald judge' (my colleague's son is now bald, as well, as the result of Alopecia, and he wants to spread awareness, so, he speaks at his elementary school and other schools and events and so-forth). It would seem that Howie Mendel is having a positive impact on many people who experience OCD. I am going to read about his symptoms. Perhaps, I might read his book. Thanks for mentioning it. Speaking of OCD books, my sister gave me a very good one, and I utilize it, as needed. I wonder if you have heard of it. The title is: Freedom From Obsessive Compulsive Disorder - A Personal Recovery Program For Living With Uncertainty, by Johnathan Grayson, PHD. It has helped me quite a bit, with both, OCD and anxiety.

Indeed, my day is off to a good start. Thank you!
I hope you are having a good day/evening/rest, too ! : ) :mrgreen:

Thank you for getting what I mean. It's completely okay to not post things that make us uncomfortable or anxious. This thread is more for support if you are having a hard time, just to know you have some friends to talk to :mrgreen: .

Wow, that's pretty cool! I'm glad your coworkers son is spreading awarenesses- it's something that isn't talked about a whole lot. I didnt even know what alopecia was until about a year ago, because my favorite YouTuber's friend's brother has it as well. Howie Mandel mostly experiences a fear of germs. In a way, we both have the same type of OCD because it's both forms of hypochondria. That's also why he shaves his head (he says it feels cleaner for him, which is great!). He is kind of like my hero, since I love AGT and he has OCD (which I also have) and ADHD (have traits of). Those sound like good books- I'll check them out!

Thank you- today has been much better for me so far. I'm glad it's been good for you as well!

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 2:42 pm

Is this the day Ferris has guests over? I haven't seen him today. I hope everything is going alright :D .

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 3:33 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Is this the day Ferris has guests over? I haven't seen him today. I hope everything is going alright :D .

Yes, it is. And, tomorrow he will be seeing his therapist : )

Do you miss him? I happen to. I miss another friend, as well, and it's making me a bit melancholy. Ok, I'll buck up, now. I, too, hope everything is going well : )

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 3:36 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Thank you- today has been much better for me so far. I'm glad it's been good for you as well!

So glad to hear this^. Thank you, SSF !

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 3:58 pm

Britte wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

Do you miss him? I happen to. I miss another friend, as well, and it's making me a bit melancholy. Ok, I'll buck up, now. I, too, hope everything is going well : )

I do miss talking to him :D . I hope his meeting with his therapist goes well! Thanks for telling me- I was a little worried!

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 4:16 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Britte wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

I do miss talking to him :D . I hope his meeting with his therapist goes well! Thanks for telling me- I was a little worried!

You're welcome. He mentioned it a couple pages, <--back, I think... : )

Last edited by Britte on 17 Aug 2017, 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 4:17 pm

Yey! I survived. It wasn't that bad at all.

So much to catch on here , I will try to reply as soon as I can :D

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 4:18 pm

SaveFerris wrote:

So happy to see you. So glad it wasn't bad. : )

edit - take all the time you need... !

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 4:21 pm

Britte wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:

Yeah I need to my CBT homework before tomorrow but I'd rather be posting here :lol:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 4:30 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
Britte wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:

Yeah I need to my CBT homework before tomorrow but I'd rather be posting here :lol:

I know how that is! We will be here when you are able to return. :D