Page 57 of 62 [ 980 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 62  Next

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 1:44 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this here, but I told my teacher about why I can't learn about schizophrenia (although I am almost convinced I have it by now). He was really understanding about the whole thing. His class is awesome! He is definitely my favorite teacher this year :D .

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 5:15 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:

Thank you. I hope it goes well too. The thought of being on a medication scares me, but I guess I don’t really have much of a choice anymore.

Fingers crossed for you SSF , I hope the SSRI's help. I've been on them a week and already noticed a change.
What brand have they given you - I'm on Prozac ( I'm on it for depression but I know it quiets my mind ).
Although I prefer to be med free sometimes you need a little help.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 5:28 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

Thank you. I hope it goes well too. The thought of being on a medication scares me, but I guess I don’t really have much of a choice anymore.

Fingers crossed for you SSF , I hope the SSRI's help. I've been on them a week and already noticed a change.
What brand have they given you - I'm on Prozac ( I'm on it for depression but I know it quiets my mind ).

I feel like a failure, but I have my fingers crossed that they will help. Thanks Ferris- I am really worried and it helps to know that I am not alone. I actually haven't had the initial consultation yet, but I will probably be given Prozac or something. At this point I just really hope it gets rid of this horrible paranoid feeling I have been having. I think I'm starting to believe the thoughts, and I'm so scared! I am almost convinced that I am going insane and there is no hope, but if the SSRI works, then I won't have to be scared anymore. If it doesn't, well, I guess my worst fear is coming true.

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 7:35 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
I’m really very sorry, Britte! I meant to reply to this days ago, but then I got sidetracked and I forgot to go back to this! I hope you are doing well :mrgreen: !

I have missed talking to you so much! I really don’t like school very much at the moment, as the work load is quite a lot! Hopefully I will be able to post more now that I have the essay contest and nursing home trip out of the way!

I hope I can talk to you soon! I really miss our conversations! :mrgreen: :flower: :flower: :cherry: :cherry: :geek: :geek: :study: :study:

Hi, SSF! No need to apologize. I’m glad to hear from you, and hear of your goings on, whenever you have time to write. : )

Sorry to hear you’ve got a heavy workload at school, currently. I know how contentious it can be. Good on you, for plowing through the harder bits, though, and by the sound of things within your posts, further up the thread, your hard work appears to be paying off, respectively. It’s good to read that you were able to speak with your teacher about the schzophrenia concerns you’ve had. I’m happy to hear that he received it well and has been nice about it, and that you like his class, so much!

I, too, have missed our conversations! Profoundly, so.

I hope to talk with you, again, very soon! No pressure, however.

:cherry: :cherry: :flower: :flower: :geek: :geek: :study: :study:

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 7:36 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

I feel like a failure, but I have my fingers crossed that they will help. Thanks Ferris- I am really worried and it helps to know that I am not alone. I actually haven't had the initial consultation yet, but I will probably be given Prozac or something. At this point I just really hope it gets rid of this horrible paranoid feeling I have been having. I think I'm starting to believe the thoughts, and I'm so scared! I am almost convinced that I am going insane and there is no hope, but if the SSRI works, then I won't have to be scared anymore. If it doesn't, well, I guess my worst fear is coming true.

Feeling like a failure and being a failure are two different things , you are not a failure because you need some meds to help.
If you're anything like me then the paranoia is worse the more anxious and depressed I am so anything that lessens anxiety and depression lessens paranoia.
I know only too well how scary it is , I've been living it for decades , you are not alone SSF , you will get through this , your intelligence is your best asset but it is can also your worst enemy at times , try and remember your mind can make you think many things that are not true and make connections where there are none - You know all this anyway but I'm sure it doesn't hurt to be reminded.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 7:46 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

Feeling like a failure and being a failure are two different things , you are not a failure because you need some meds to help.
If you're anything like me then the paranoia is worse the more anxious and depressed I am so anything that lessens anxiety and depression lessens paranoia.
I know only too well how scary it is , I've been living it for decades , you are not alone SSF , you will get through this , your intelligence is your best asset but it is can also your worst enemy at times , try and remember your mind can make you think many things that are not true and make connections where there are none - You know all this anyway but I'm sure it doesn't hurt to be reminded.

Thank you so much. I feel so bad all the time recently. I haven’t felt like there is a chance I could still be sane since last June. I know I probably need medication, but I will never go on it willingly. I’ve basically lost my mind at this point :cry: .

Have you ever partially believed your thoughts, or had a constant weird, horrific feeling of paranoia? Have you ever been afraid of being alone or being in the dark because something might be hidden in there? Have you ever (this is the worst part) felt as if you were being watched or like the government is tracking you when they are really not?? I have the occasional insight, but it is almost all gone by now! It would help to know that I am not alone, but I think I am because I have actual paranoia now! It is so depressing and horrifying to know that my worst fear has come true.

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 7:55 pm

Hi and welcome, Missworry. I have experienced all of the symptoms you are currently, experiencing. I know that the majority of us who have participated within this thread have, thus, speaking for not only myself, but others, here, as well, I understand and empathize with you. I’m very sorry that you are having a difficult time of things, presently. I hope you will find the threads such as this one, to be of help and support to you. I hope you are feeling a bit better, since writing. All the best to you, Missworry. :flower:

Missworry wrote:
Hi

I have OCD too. Since I can remember actually. I never knew that It would be somehow asperger (I just recently got diagnosed with asperger/autism). But I think that it’s the asperger AND the OCD. It’s not only Asperger. Because I experience a lot of anxiety if I don’t do what my mind says (compulsions)

I suffer a lot from it, especially if I have anxiety and then I end up in a loop in my mind..

I am really tired of it. I cried my eyes out just now. I am afraid of the world and everything in it.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 8:08 pm

Britte wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
I’m really very sorry, Britte! I meant to reply to this days ago, but then I got sidetracked and I forgot to go back to this! I hope you are doing well :mrgreen: !

I have missed talking to you so much! I really don’t like school very much at the moment, as the work load is quite a lot! Hopefully I will be able to post more now that I have the essay contest and nursing home trip out of the way!

I hope I can talk to you soon! I really miss our conversations! :mrgreen: :flower: :flower: :cherry: :cherry: :geek: :geek: :study: :study:

Hi, SSF! No need to apologize. I’m glad to hear from you, and hear of your goings on, whenever you have time to write. : )

Sorry to hear you’ve got a heavy workload at school, currently. I know how contentious it can be. Good on you, for plowing through the harder bits, though, and by the sound of things within your posts, further up the thread, your hard work appears to be paying off, respectively. It’s good to read that you were able to speak with your teacher about the schzophrenia concerns you’ve had. I’m happy to hear that he received it well and has been nice about it, and that you like his class, so much!

I, too, have missed our conversations! Profoundly, so.

I hope to talk with you, again, very soon! No pressure, however.

:cherry: :cherry: :flower: :flower: :geek: :geek: :study: :study:

Hi Britte! I hope you are doing well!

Yes, the amount of work has really been quite a bit lately! I hope I can get through high school okay. Thank you! I am very glad I told him, and I feel like it was a wise decision in the long run, even though I had to miss a few classes because of it!

My OCD has been very bad lately, and I don’t even know if it is OCD anymore. Have you ever been given medication for anxiety, and has it helped you?

I can’t wait to talk more here! I have missed you very much, and I hope that I can have less work and continue to feel better, and maybe that will allow me to post more here! Hugs! :mrgreen: :flower: :flower: :geek: :geek: :cherry: :cherry: :study: :study:

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 9:59 pm

Ferris, good to hear that you're already feeling a bit better. I found that a low dose of SSRI helped me sleep a bit better and when I had an anxiety attack, I didn't feel as nauseous.

Stampy, I don't look at you as having failed, especially because you're still new to all this. You've seen one therapist for a few sessions and will be starting your first medication, correct? Fortunately, lack of success at this point doesn't really mean anything in terms of your long-term success.

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Have you ever been afraid of being alone or being in the dark because something might be hidden in there? Have you ever (this is the worst part) felt as if you were being watched or like the government is tracking you when they are really not?

Unless I'm missing something from your experience, then I'd say yes. Being afraid of a dark, silent room is a common fear. Even though you know there's no one and nothing there to harm you, that might not always take away the fear. As for the government tracking you, well, they track everyone but aren't targeting you or me. Unless, of course, you've gotten yourself involved with some evil plot and aren't telling us. :jester: And you already know this, you've said it yourself, you know the government isn't tracking you, despite the fearful feeling you have when you're thinking about it. Your mind is playing tricks on you.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 5:32 am

StampySquiddyFan wrote:

Thank you so much. I feel so bad all the time recently. I haven’t felt like there is a chance I could still be sane since last June. I know I probably need medication, but I will never go on it willingly. I’ve basically lost my mind at this point :cry: .

You don't write like someone who has lost their mind , in fact the opposite. It sounds to me like your anxiety is ruling your life at the moment.

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Have you ever partially believed your thoughts, or had a constant weird, horrific feeling of paranoia?

Hell yeah , anxiety just wears down the part of you that is rational and you go into a state of hyper vigilance which makes it very difficult to be rational as you are in survival mode. When I'm like this the only thing that helps is a Valium.

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Have you ever been afraid of being alone or being in the dark because something might be hidden in there?

Yup , when I was younger I used to hide under my duvet until I could barely breathe and eventually the need for air was more important than my fear of what was in the dark.

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Have you ever (this is the worst part) felt as if you were being watched or like the government is tracking you when they are really not?? I have the occasional insight, but it is almost all gone by now! It would help to know that I am not alone, but I think I am because I have actual paranoia now! It is so depressing and horrifying to know that my worst fear has come true.

Yeah , I've had the whole conspiracy feelings and it feels very believable when your anxious but I'm pretty sure I always had some insight ( I could be wrong ) . It sounds to me like you may have worked yourself up into a bit of a bad spot due to your OCD , the insight you think you're losing is your insight of what OCD does to you.
Your worst fears have not come true , we have the same fear , mine haven't come true either but I know the impact this can have on your life.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 6:15 pm

DataB4 wrote:
Ferris, good to hear that you're already feeling a bit better. I found that a low dose of SSRI helped me sleep a bit better and when I had an anxiety attack, I didn't feel as nauseous.

Stampy, I don't look at you as having failed, especially because you're still new to all this. You've seen one therapist for a few sessions and will be starting your first medication, correct? Fortunately, lack of success at this point doesn't really mean anything in terms of your long-term success.

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Have you ever been afraid of being alone or being in the dark because something might be hidden in there? Have you ever (this is the worst part) felt as if you were being watched or like the government is tracking you when they are really not?

Unless I'm missing something from your experience, then I'd say yes. Being afraid of a dark, silent room is a common fear. Even though you know there's no one and nothing there to harm you, that might not always take away the fear. As for the government tracking you, well, they track everyone but aren't targeting you or me. Unless, of course, you've gotten yourself involved with some evil plot and aren't telling us. :jester: And you already know this, you've said it yourself, you know the government isn't tracking you, despite the fearful feeling you have when you're thinking about it. Your mind is playing tricks on you.

Thank you so much for your reply DataB4. Yes, I have seen a therapist for a little over a year now, and it has finally gotten to the point where my mom is paying me to take medication. I feel like I am almost.......done.

Thank you for the reassurance. I know the fear of a dark, silent room is normal, but it seems worse recently, and I don't know if that is due to a fear of hallucinating while I am alone or what. Of course, I know the government is NOT tracking me, but I just feel as if I believe the thought more, and I am unable to dismiss it. It has definitely gotten worse. Before it was just intrusive thoughts, which were sometimes hard to dismiss, but now it is so bad I am actually paranoid. Thank you very much though. I am so worried, but hey, I don't think there has ever been a time when I was not worried :D .

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 8:17 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
You don't write like someone who has lost their mind , in fact the opposite. It sounds to me like your anxiety is ruling your life at the moment.

Thanks Ferris. Anxiety has always ruled my life, unfortunately! I am so glad to have you guys though. You are a great support, and I am really sorry you have to go through this crap too.

SaveFerris wrote:
Hell yeah , anxiety just wears down the part of you that is rational and you go into a state of hyper vigilance which makes it very difficult to be rational as you are in survival mode. When I'm like this the only thing that helps is a Valium.

What is a Valium? If it is a disorder I probably have it (joking) :lol: !

Stampy's Mum wrote:
Yup , when I was younger I used to hide under my duvet until I could barely breathe and eventually the need for air was more important than my fear of what was in the dark.

I am also scared of things behind walls for some reason. Even though there is never anything behind the wall.

SaveFerris wrote:
Yeah , I've had the whole conspiracy feelings and it feels very believable when your anxious but I'm pretty sure I always had some insight ( I could be wrong ) . It sounds to me like you may have worked yourself up into a bit of a bad spot due to your OCD , the insight you think you're losing is your insight of what OCD does to you.
Your worst fears have not come true , we have the same fear , mine haven't come true either but I know the impact this can have on your life.

Than you so much for this. It has gotten so bad I am so close to being delusional right now. I think I have some insight but I'm not sure. Sometimes, when I ask myself, "Do I really believe the government is tracking me?" I think it is the most ridiculous question in the world and I think "Of course the government isn't tracking me! Why me out of all people, when I haven't done anything bad and I am just some random kid?" The whole idea is ridiculous to me. Other times, however, I am not so lucky. I can't dismiss the thought and I get this extremely disturbing feeling. It's almost as if all objects in the environment feel threatening and out of place. I get a weird headache, and I become hypervigilant, looking out windows and stuff! WHY would I feel the need to look out windows if I don't believe the thought? It scares me so much- I already feel like I have lost it.

I feel like I am probably going to be the only person in the world whose fear of going insane actually came true.

Enough about my problems then, how was your day? :D

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 9:52 pm

Hi SSF. This is the medication Nick007 takes for anxiety and after reading the Wikipedia article, it sounds as though it could be a good one, as it doesn't have detrimental side affects, such as sedation and the like. It was something else that Nick mentioned he takes for OCD, however, you specifically mentioned anxiety. I'm going to ask my doctor about it, as I cannot take the other medication I mentioned, during the day, and, on occasion, I have anxiety/anxiety attacks, while at work. I hope you have good night.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buspirone

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 11:14 am

Thank you so much for that, Britte :mrgreen: ! I will definitely look into that more. I hope you have a great day or night! Hugs from Stampy :mrgreen: !

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 11:21 am

I took Buspar for quite a while on the maximum dose. It caused me to have some periods of drowsiness during the day but otherwise no side effects. It helped some with my anxiety and, by extension, my obsessive thoughts. It stopped working though.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 11:25 am

Thanks for that DataB4. I am pretty scared of how medications will affect me with all the side effects. I am convinced I am going to go manic if I take an SSRI or something. At least then I will be able to convince people I have bipolar disorder! Sigh......