Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

roadGames
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Jan 2011, 5:04 pm

So, at the beginning of last semester, I broke up with my girlfriend at the time and have been completely obsessed with her since then. I didn't even like her as a person to begin with, but whenever I hear about her hitting on my friends, I start going batshit inside my head. Even without that, I find myself checking her facebook constantly (I defriended her like 5 minutes after breaking up) at least once or twice a day. I run through the relationship and think about her at least a few times every hour. I hate being this fragile. If I see her or hear about her, I'm totally ruined for a few minutes after that.

The thing is, she isn't special. I do this with all people I get really close to and then have a falling out with. The closest thing that comes to this is when my best friend in HS (years ago for me, haha) decided to stop talking to me for 6 months because we had a major falling out. I would think about that f****r constantly and I wasn't even gay, haha.

I also have this pattern of getting completely obsessed and engrossed by my non-people related interests in life. Often these obsessions are healthy ones (guitar/music, photography, science, brains, and language). There can only be one existing at any one time, though.

dossa
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2011, 7:25 pm

That sounds more like aspie type special interests rather than OCD. We can all get hung up on our interests, and special interests can extend to people for some of us.

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2011, 8:39 pm

Gosh, you sound just like me. 8O I have similar special interests, and when I loose friends it always feels like a major emotional, physical, spiritual break up, almost like every friend you lose is more like a divorce than a simple parting of the ways.

I think this is an aspie thing. When you've wrapped your life around someone it's difficult to disentangle yourself. I am just getting the hang of it after forty years. I