Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

iheartmegahitt
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2011, 6:08 pm

I have times when I forget what I remember. It's like you could tell me something and five days later, I won't even remember what you had said. Other times its worse where I can completely forget to do something and other instances, if my mom say, shows me how to do the laundry, I'll forget how to do it the next time... I also had a hard time in school and processing information as well as being able to output the information to others.

It's a hassle because if it makes things any worse, I can't remember anything that happened after a certain age like, I can remember bits and pieces but its like my whole life has been a big huge blank. Like I don't remember anything from under the age of say, 21 and I'm 22... its like my brain resets itself or something.

I mean maybe its just part of High-functioning autism but I'm still so confused. Does anyone have an idea of what this is caused by or what it might be? I mean it really affects my memory and at times its quiet frustrating. I can remember small details like names of friends and my boyfriend... so that's beside the point.

Diagnosed with an autistic disorder (Not AS but mild to moderate classic Autism), ADHD, Learning Disability, intellectual disability and severe anxiety (part of the autism); iPad user; written expressionist; emotionally-sensitive

MollyTroubletail
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2011, 6:25 pm

Unfortunately it is not possible to diagnose the cause of memory loss online because so many different conditions could cause such a thing; anything from anxiety or emotional trauma to a brain tumour. Professionals would need to systematically rule out many factors in order to reach a conclusion.

iheartmegahitt
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2011, 6:34 pm

Well... I've been told I have a learning disability... I'm just wondering is all.

Diagnosed with an autistic disorder (Not AS but mild to moderate classic Autism), ADHD, Learning Disability, intellectual disability and severe anxiety (part of the autism); iPad user; written expressionist; emotionally-sensitive

ChrisVulcan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 May 2011, 3:24 am

What kind of learning disability?

Watch Doctor Who!