Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

dragonriko
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 May 2014, 3:11 pm

I've been diagnosed with Asperger's but think I also have OCPD, was wondering if anyone else has both because I would like to compare

Rocket123
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2014, 7:53 pm

Had I not been diagnosed with Aspergers, I am fairly certain I would have been diagnosed with:

- Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder +
- Some Anxiety Disorder +
- Sensory Processing Disorder (which is not a disorder described in DSM) +
- Executive Functioning Disorder (which is not a disorder described in DSM)

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2014, 10:40 pm

Usually you don't dx those two together, because of the way to big overlap. It's the same like schizoid PD and Asperger's. Some autistics are more obsessive than others.

I guess it's possibly to have both, but there is no way to tell correctly if the person just has many autistic routines or OCPD in addition.

dragonriko

22 May 2014, 5:54 am

I guess that makes sense in they both have similar things so it makes it hard to tell where one ends and the other begins, especially since every person displays different characteristics. It's not surprising that people get diagnosed with one thing when it might be something else that has similar 'problems' to it, a bit like trying to find an odd smell in a clean house, you can describe the smell but have no idea where it is coming from :?