Page 1 of 62 [ 980 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 62  Next

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 5:48 pm

I decided to make this thread because I realized that a lot of people on the OCD thread might need support or just need to talk sometimes, so I hope we can use this thread to help one another with our anxiety/negative thoughts. I have OCD myself, and my most prominent obsessions at the moment are hypochondria, magical thinking, and "just right" OCD. Feel free to post what's bothering you or any success stories with OCD. We're all in this together :D !

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 7:05 pm

Have you ever seen a psychotherapist ( CBT ) for you OCD ? StampySquiddyFan

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 7:48 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
Have you ever seen a psychotherapist ( CBT ) for you OCD ? StampySquiddyFan

Yup! Going to one now. It's helped at least a little. The person specializes in ASD. :D

How about you?

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 8:03 pm

My OCD makes me walk twenty miles a day.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 8:07 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:

Yup! Going to one now. It's helped at least a little. The person specializes in ASD. :D

How about you?

Going to see one in a few days ( amazingly been bumped up the list ) although as I haven't been Dx with anything but depression and anxiety I seeing them for depression but hopefully he knows a thing about ASD & OCD and may be able to give me an insight in whats going on in me noggin ( head )

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 8:08 pm

BettaPonic wrote:

Wow , I walk about 20 miles in a week when I don't want to leave the house :D

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 8:41 pm

BettaPonic wrote:

I'm sorry about that. You must struggle a lot :(

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 8:42 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

How about you?

Going to see one in a few days ( amazingly been bumped up the list ) although as I haven't been Dx with anything but depression and anxiety I seeing them for depression but hopefully he knows a thing about ASD & OCD and may be able to give me an insight in whats going on in me noggin ( head )

I hope it goes well for you :D ! I'm glad you finally got bumped up on the list.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 8:44 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:

It's okay, thank for caring. I have severe depression and it helps a little. The main OCD part is the number.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 9:03 pm

BettaPonic wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:

It's okay, thank for caring. I have severe depression and it helps a little. The main OCD part is the number.

I get what you mean. The number seems more significant than it actually is.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 10:18 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:

I get what you mean. The number seems more significant than it actually is.

Glad you understand, thank you.

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 10:52 pm

I found out that my dad, years ago, diagnosed himself with OCD. My mom agrees with that. But he refuses to talk about it mostly, much less go to a shrink. So I can't just say it's 100% this or that, but —

My dad has screamed at us if he saw stains in the sink/toilet (which weren't even very noticeable to us). Once, he almost made me late for school because he went on and on about them, and wouldn't let me and my mom go until we finished watching him scrub the toilet.

This sort of thing happened a few days ago. He's over it now, but because of some threats he's made I still don't feel completely safe in my house. Even though I know first hand how uncontrollable obsessions and compulsions can be. (But I'm not officially diagnosed with OCD either, so :shrug: .)

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 8:24 am

Is it a bad idea to ask about others OCD traits and why they do certain things a certain way a certain amount of times.
I feel really scared asking any questions in here just in case I plant a seed and make things worse for someone.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 10:55 am

SaveFerris wrote:
Is it a bad idea to ask about others OCD traits and why they do certain things a certain way a certain amount of times.
I feel really scared asking any questions in here just in case I plant a seed and make things worse for someone.

I wouldn't get worse just because someone asked me why I do it a certain number of times, but I think it would depend on the person. One thing to keep in mind is that OCD is not rational. So, the person might not "know" why they have to do (said behaviour) a certain number of times. Take me, for instance. I have the thought to jump 10 times, otherwise I'll go insane. The thought isn't rational at all, and is done out of fear of what would happen if I didn't jump 10 times. The number feels significant, but it actually isn't. A person with OCD may also have a "lucky number." So, the number may be 7, and they have to do the said behaviour seven times in order to feel a small sense of comfort (In my mind, 7 is a good number, 6 and green mean schizophrenia, and 3 and blue mean bipolar disorder). So, I may avoid the color green and the number 6 because I don't want to go insane. It's completely irrational, but better safe than sorry in my eyes :| .

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 10:58 am

248RPA wrote:
I found out that my dad, years ago, diagnosed himself with OCD. My mom agrees with that. But he refuses to talk about it mostly, much less go to a shrink. So I can't just say it's 100% this or that, but —

My dad has screamed at us if he saw stains in the sink/toilet (which weren't even very noticeable to us). Once, he almost made me late for school because he went on and on about them, and wouldn't let me and my mom go until we finished watching him scrub the toilet.

This sort of thing happened a few days ago. He's over it now, but because of some threats he's made I still don't feel completely safe in my house. Even though I know first hand how uncontrollable obsessions and compulsions can be. (But I'm not officially diagnosed with OCD either, so :shrug: .)

Yeah, OCD has quite a significant genetic component, even though you don't have to have a parent or relative with OCD to have it yourself. My dad, grandmother, and great grandfather all had OCD. It amazes me how our obsessions were/are so different.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 8:13 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

How about you?

Also- don't be too worried. They don't bite, I promise :D .