Page 17 of 62 [ 980 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 62  Next

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 7:22 am

SaveFerris wrote:
Booyakasha wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
Booyakasha wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
Booyakasha wrote:
Glad to hear it went OK Ferris :) Hope that both of you are doing OK.

Thanks Boss , it's hard sharing all the hurt face to face with a therapist but we're doing O.K

I think I'd have very big problems with that too, but if it's helping you then great!

I didn't say it was helping :lol:

The actual therapy hasn't started , I'm still telling him my issues which has taken 2 hours so far and I'm still not finished :lol:

lol :lol:

Ok then I hope it will help! :lol:

Will getting a diagnosis help in any way? Or you're hoping that therapy will be of more use?

I won't be getting a diagnosis from the therapist so it better help :lol: . I have asked him questions which have just totally stumped him and he's looked confused as if no ones have ever asked questions like that and he'll get back to me on other questions , it makes me feel like I'm back in school where the teacher is only a a few lessons ahead on the syllabus :lol:
I am the type of person who needs labels for peace of mind so a diagnosis will be part of the healing process ? or just acceptance of why things are happening , even if they just tell me I'm a hypochondriac that would be enough.

lol then I hope you'll get it! I'm definitely not sure whether they can get us completely, since they're not like us, but maybe they can have some good advice at least up their sleeve! And a diagnosis of course :)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 7:25 am

No therapist will ever get any person "completely."

That's why we have to be a strong partner with therapists.

And Ferrapists, too.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 7:45 am

For the longest time I've thought I was unique in the way I suffered until I came here , I no longer feel special :lol:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 7:51 am

Yep.....we have all sorts of nuts here: cashew, almond, etc :wink:

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 11:11 am

SaveFerris wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
How was your therapist visit, Ferris? :D

It was not as bad as last time as my GF was with me this time. The therapist is still trying to work me out before the therapy starts.
How are you feeling today Stampy?
I'm off to bed now so probably wont reply till tomorrow as it's 5:30 in the morning here at the moment ( maybe anxiety and self reflection is keeping me up )

That's good. I used to have my mom with me at every visit, but she's not allowed in anymore as it "hinders my progress :roll: ." Now whenever he makes a joke or asks a question I don't understand I am just sitting there like a weirdo because I don't have someone to "translate" for me :D . I could probably spend about 10 session just going through all the problems I have had in my short little life :lol: .

I am actually doing better today :D . The paranoid thoughts have subsided at least some, and I figured out why I had been having one of my "symptoms." I think my sleep patterns being weird have caused the "confusion" between fantasy and reality (I know the difference, but for some reason I have to constantly ask myself if I believe fantasy is real and vice versa) as well as my existential thoughts and derealization/depersonalization (yup, I get that too!). I feel like when I go back to school I will be more "in reality" and not stuck in my head as much.

Anyway, how are you doing? :D

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 11:15 am

SaveFerris wrote:
For the longest time I've thought I was unique in the way I suffered until I came here , I no longer feel special :lol:

Haha nope! You're not alone, believe me! :D

I personally think that any "problem" that we experience has been endured/is being endured by someone else in the world. There are only so many problems, you know :D !

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 12:16 pm

That's great news that your doing better :D , I'm glad you figured it out , lack of sleep ( if that's what your talking about it ) can be a major problem for me and every time I gotten really ill lack of sleep was always one of the factors. Sleep deprivation is used as a torture in some countries so it's no wonder it can have such an affect on some people. I bet your going to be feeling a lot better when your back in your school routine.

I'm O.K and having a very self reflecting time talking with my GF , yeah I think I need a year to address all my problems :lol: The therapist actually wanted my GF there but it was a one time only affair unless he changes his mind.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 12:21 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
That's great news that your doing better :D , I'm glad you figured it out , lack of sleep ( if that's what your talking about it ) can be a major problem for me and every time I gotten really ill lack of sleep was always one of the factors. Sleep deprivation is used as a torture in some countries so it's no wonder it can have such an affect on some people. I bet your going to be feeling a lot better when your back in your school routine.

I'm O.K and having a very self reflecting time talking with my GF , yeah I think I need a year to address all my problems :lol: The therapist actually wanted my GF there but it was a one time only affair unless he changes his mind.

Thanks! Yeah, my sleep patterns recently have not been good. I can't sleep without waking up at least once anymore. I think this might be due to stress/anxiety, but I don't know for sure. I can't wait to get back to school :D .

Yeah- my therapist wanted my mom there for a while as well, and she sometimes still comes in for a little bit. I'm glad you are having a self-reflecting time talking with your GF- those always help work through some of my issues :D .

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 12:42 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
How was your therapist visit, Ferris? :D

It was not as bad as last time as my GF was with me this time. The therapist is still trying to work me out before the therapy starts.
How are you feeling today Stampy?
I'm off to bed now so probably wont reply till tomorrow as it's 5:30 in the morning here at the moment ( maybe anxiety and self reflection is keeping me up )

That's good. I used to have my mom with me at every visit, but she's not allowed in anymore as it "hinders my progress :roll: ." Now whenever he makes a joke or asks a question I don't understand I am just sitting there like a weirdo because I don't have someone to "translate" for me :D . I could probably spend about 10 session just going through all the problems I have had in my short little life :lol: .

I am actually doing better today :D . The paranoid thoughts have subsided at least some, and I figured out why I had been having one of my "symptoms." I think my sleep patterns being weird have caused the "confusion" between fantasy and reality (I know the difference, but for some reason I have to constantly ask myself if I believe fantasy is real and vice versa) as well as my existential thoughts and derealization/depersonalization (yup, I get that too!). I feel like when I go back to school I will be more "in reality" and not stuck in my head as much.

Anyway, how are you doing? :D

It's great that you are doing better Stampy! I didn't know a therapist was allowed to stop someone from coming with you, they can do that? I thought as long as the person was not actually harming you in anyway that a person coming could only be decided by the patient.

How is everybody else doing? I'm just here checking and maybe add a little support to you guys and girls. Talk and chill and maybe help distract from obsessive thoughts that you think harms you! :D

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and Wisdom to know the difference."

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 12:47 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:

Thanks! Yeah, my sleep patterns recently have not been good. I can't sleep without waking up at least once anymore. I think this might be due to stress/anxiety, but I don't know for sure. I can't wait to get back to school :D .

Yeah- my therapist wanted my mom there for a while as well, and she sometimes still comes in for a little bit. I'm glad you are having a self-reflecting time talking with your GF- those always help work through some of my issues :D .

If you anything like me with regards to sleep you need to learn from this. Obviously sleep is sometimes difficult due to anxiety / stress and next time you need to address your sleeping issues as soon as possible with your mum , dad or therapist. Sometimes it's the type of sleep you get , you can be asleep for 8 hours but not feel rested or recharged because you never enter into the right type of sleep ( the deep sleep - sometimes called stage 4). I think stage 4 is my arch-enemy sometimes :lol:

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 12:48 pm

AquaineBay wrote:

How is everybody else doing?

I'm OK dude , how are you doing? :D

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 1:18 pm

So sorry I haven't replied yet- I will be replying to everyone here later because I'm going to a birthday party right now :D . Thank you for posting here AquaineBay- I'll read it later :D .

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 1:43 pm

SaveFerris I,m Doing just fine. Just coming around to see what's happening on WP.(probably need to take a break, coming too often can be bad... But its hard to stop!) :D

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and Wisdom to know the difference."

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 1:55 pm

AquaineBay wrote:
SaveFerris I,m Doing just fine. Just coming around to see what's happening on WP.(probably need to take a break, coming too often can be bad... But its hard to stop!) :D

Good that your fine :D I know actually what you mean about spending too long here, it's like a very addictive drug :lol:

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 2:21 pm

SaveFerris wrote:

Yeah, here we're all very special :lol: :D

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 4:21 pm

Booyakasha wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:

Yeah, here we're all very special :lol: :D

Don't :lol: When I tried to explain to my therapist what we are talking about here and how I could rationalize it , he said "oh I see , you have the special kind", I think he's got me pegged already:lol: