Page 53 of 62 [ 980 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 62  Next

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2017, 5:00 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Yay I'm 14 today.......and very sick :( . I have some sort of virus or something. Hugs to everyone here because why not :D :mrgreen: ?

Happy Birthday Stampy , hope you have/had a good day. Being ill on your birthday sucks although tbh I was ill on my birthday a while back and it took all the pressure off me and I wasn't expected to do anything social.

Thank you :D ! The only problem was, I still went to school :lol: . It seems like it was just a virus, and it is better today.

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2017, 5:10 pm

AquaineBay wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Yay I'm 14 today.......and very sick :( . I have some sort of virus or something. Hugs to everyone here because why not :D :mrgreen: ?

I'm sorry to hear you're dealing with that, Butterfly88. I've been having some violent intrusive thoughts lately, and I am scared that part of me actually wants to hurt people and I'm just suppressing that :( . Intrusive thoughts suck!

Happy Birthday Stamps! I'm very sorry you are sick on your birthday, wish there was something I could do... I hope you get better!

It's scary having violent intrusive thoughts. Sometimes that happens to me when I'm sick. If you need to talk, or a distraction from those thoughts I'm here!

Thank you :D ! You all are so nice. Thanks for all the happy birthdays :D !

Thank you! They are a lot better today. I worry all the time about being a psychopath, but today in class we were reading a book about a boy traveling through the desert with very little water/food that was ill and starving. He came across somebody who was almost dead from dehydration. My teacher asked, "How many of you would give the person your little water to save them and possibly end up dying yourself?" or something like that and I raised my hand. There was only 1 other person that also raised their hand, yet I am the one who worry about being a psychopath. I am not trying to brag about how good I am or anything, because trust me, I am a horrible person. I just don't know if the violent thoughts/urges??! and stuff are just part of me that I am suppressing and I really don't care deep down inside, but I feel like I do :( ! We have done activities like the question my teacher asked today in the past, and I have always chosen the moral option, but I am still so worked since there was a period of time 2 years ago when I actually thought I was a psychopath and "tried to have" some of the traits. I still worry about that so much today, even though I have read that it is normal for kids who read about psychopathy to think that because our brains aren't fully developed yet and we don't really even understand what a psychopath is. I'm just very worried. Sorry for the novel :oops: :D !

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2017, 5:16 pm

Oh yeah by the way, I got my first phone for my birthday (never had a phone before, just a tablet :D ). I really don't want to become one of those annoying teens who are addicted to their phones, but I am enjoying it so far. It's an iPhone SE! My parents were surprised at my reaction because they didn't think that I would be upset to have a phone :lol: . I was happy to get it at first, though.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2017, 6:11 pm

Happy Birthday, Stampy! Hope you had a good time. :)

Shame about you being ill though, but hopefully you will get better soon.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2017, 7:25 pm

Lost_dragon wrote:
Happy Birthday, Stampy! Hope you had a good time. :)

Shame about you being ill though, but hopefully you will get better soon.

Thank you :D ! I am feeling a bit better today, so hopefully I can still have my little party I had planned on. I had a great time and I didn't expect a phone, since I'm like the only person in my school that didn't have one :lol: ! Thanks again for all the kind wishes!

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2017, 6:16 am

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

Happy Birthday Stampy , hope you have/had a good day. Being ill on your birthday sucks although tbh I was ill on my birthday a while back and it took all the pressure off me and I wasn't expected to do anything social.

Thank you :D ! The only problem was, I still went to school :lol: . It seems like it was just a virus, and it is better today.

Your welcome , glad your virus? is better :)

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2017, 11:29 am

*~HaPpY BiRtHdAy~* to you, Stampy!

I’m sorry I’m late with my birthday wish. I hope you enjoyed your special day! And you continue to enjoy, throughout the week! I am behind in reading, here. And, Ive only managed to get a few words in, here and there, in the games. Will have to catch up, here, and hope to see you in the games, as soon as possible.

Sending a birthday hug, your way!

Love,
Britte

:cherry: :cherry: :flower: :flower: :geek: :geek: :study: :study:

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2017, 11:36 am

Ah, I’m sorry you had a virus. I’m glad to read you’re feeling better!

I hope you are enjoying your phone! What kind of phone is it? What are the things you are enjoying about it, thus far...?

:cherry: :flower: :geek: :study:

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2017, 11:41 am

I just read, further! I have the iPhone SE, as well! I’ve had mine for approx 9 months, now. I chose it, initially, for it’s size, as I wouldn’t want a large phone (although, I know there are benefits of having a large phone, depending on one’s needs), and I have found several of it’s features to be extremely useful to me. I have also, downloaded some useful apps, to my phone. Some of which, have helped me with anxiety and sensory difficulties I can experience, via my work environment. There is a very good app, I can tell you about, for clearing your head, periodically, throughout the day, if you find the need. I have downloaded some very good podcasts, as well. One of my most used apps is Accuradio. My Dad turned me onto it. It strems music and you can add channels to a favorites list. I thought I’d mention it, since we both utilize music, to take us out of our heads and calm us. : )

I hope you enjoy it, very much, and, use it in good heath!

:mrgreen:

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2017, 3:53 pm

Britte wrote:
*~HaPpY BiRtHdAy~* to you, Stampy!

I’m sorry I’m late with my birthday wish. I hope you enjoyed your special day! And you continue to enjoy, throughout the week! I am behind in reading, here. And, Ive only managed to get a few words in, here and there, in the games. Will have to catch up, here, and hope to see you in the games, as soon as possible.

Sending a birthday hug, your way!

Love,
Britte

:cherry: :cherry: :flower: :flower: :geek: :geek: :study: :study:

Thank you! It's okay- you don't have to be sorry at all :mrgreen: ! I had a pretty nice birthday, and I will be in the games shortly!

Love,
StampySquiddyFan

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2017, 3:58 pm

Britte wrote:
I just read, further! I have the iPhone SE, as well! I’ve had mine for approx 9 months, now. I chose it, initially, for it’s size, as I wouldn’t want a large phone (although, I know there are benefits of having a large phone, depending on one’s needs), and I have found several of it’s features to be extremely useful to me. I have also, downloaded some useful apps, to my phone. Some of which, have helped me with anxiety and sensory difficulties I can experience, via my work environment. There is a very good app, I can tell you about, for clearing your head, periodically, throughout the day, if you find the need. I have downloaded some very good podcasts, as well. One of my most used apps is Accuradio. My Dad turned me onto it. It strems music and you can add channels to a favorites list. I thought I’d mention it, since we both utilize music, to take us out of our heads and calm us. : )

That's awesome! I would love to hear more about the apps! I love music too, and that sounds like a great app! I hereby promise I won't misuse my phone (I am not sure how I would really, but my mom said I am not supposed to misuse it :mrgreen: )! I couldn't believe I got a phone, since I never asked for one, but I am now glad I have it since I can use it to help me like you do! :mrgreen: :flower: :flower: :geek: :geek: :cherry: :cherry: :study: :study:

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 5:50 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Britte wrote:

That's awesome! I would love to hear more about the apps! I love music too, and that sounds like a great app! I hereby promise I won't misuse my phone (I am not sure how I would really, but my mom said I am not supposed to misuse it :mrgreen: )! I couldn't believe I got a phone, since I never asked for one, but I am now glad I have it since I can use it to help me like you do! :mrgreen: :flower: :flower: :geek: :geek: :cherry: :cherry: :study: :study:

Thank you, SSF! So nice to hear that you had a nice birthday! I didn't make it to the games until about 7:00 PM, and only had time to play for a few minutes, but, hope to catch up with you, there, very soon.

My sincere, apologies. I deleted my last two replies. I will, certainly, be looking forward to conversing with you, further, about the apps and features I have made good use of, that perhaps, you will find to be useful, as well!).

I hope you have been continuing to enjoy your Birthday. I would love to hear about your party. : ))

I hope to see you, soon, SSF, :flower: :flower: :geek: :geek: :cherry: :cherry: :study: :study:

~Britte

Last edited by Britte on 06 Oct 2017, 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 7:08 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:

Hi, again, SSF. I am struggling a bit with anxiety, at the present time, and, I know from past experience, when this occurs, I may need time away, so, in case this were to happen, I thought I would, at least leave you with the following app information. Upon my return, perhaps we can converse about others, or, perhaps, you will have discovered a few, as well. I will be interested to know.

I get a the most use out of an app called: Headspace. I utilize it for both, meditation, and to remind myself of the reasons I can become anxious, and how to both, prevent and recover from some of my anxieties. I use this app while I am at work. You can utilize it, at school, if need be. There are some meditations of which, only take a matter of seconds and minutes. Of course, others that take more time, but, you will discover various possibilities. The creator of this, is also on Youtube, and he addresses GAD, SAD and more. There are some excellent, preventative measures this app, provides. You will find it for free, in the app store, on your iPhone. Here is Logo:

The following is the logo for the Accuradio App in the app store:

I have been getting a lot of use out of an app called: Duolingo, which I am utilizing to reacquaint myself with the Spanish language. You can learn various languages, via this app. I think you may have mentioned that you are learning French, in school, so, you may not (or may) find this app of use, to you, currently. This is the link to the website: https://www.duolingo.com/

Here is the Logo for the app:

There is another app that's pretty good, called: On The Verge, although, I find Headspace to be my preference with sorting through anxiety, and it is sweet. And the Headspace creator's voice is kind and relaxing, not to mention, he has a lovely, English accent, which is preferable to me, for some reason:

Anyway, here is the On The Verge app logo:

The reason I posted photos, is because, I have found that some apps have very similar names, so, if you are a visual person, you can use the app logos to your advantage. ~Enjoy these for now. More to follow, in the near future.

~Love, Britte

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 7:19 pm

Britte wrote:

I get a the most use out of an app called: Headspace. I utilize it for both, meditation, and to remind myself of the reasons I can become anxious, and how to both, prevent and recover from some of my anxieties. I use this app while I am at work. You can utilize it, at school, if need be. There are some meditations of which, only take a matter of seconds and minutes. Of course, others that take more time, but, you will discover various possibilities. The creator of this, is also on Youtube, and he addresses GAD, SAD and more. There are some excellent, preventative measures this app, provides. You will find it for free, in the app store, on your iPhone. Here is Logo:

The following is the logo for the Accuradio App in the app store:

I have been getting a lot of use out of an app called: Duolingo, which I am utilizing to reacquaint myself with the Spanish language. You can learn various languages, via this app. I think you may have mentioned that you are learning French, in school, so, you may not (or may) find this app of use, to you, currently. This is the link to the website: https://www.duolingo.com/

Here is the Logo for the app:

There is another app that's pretty good, called: On The Verge, although, I find Headspace to be my preference with sorting through anxiety, and it is sweet. And the Headspace creator's voice is kind and relaxing, not to mention, he has a lovely, English accent, which is preferable to me, for some reason:

Anyway, here is the On The Verge app logo:

The reason I posted photos, is because, I have found that some apps have very similar names, so, if you are a visual person, you can use the app logos to your advantage. ~Enjoy these for now. More to follow, in the near future.

~Love, Britte

I just wanted to add to Britte's post that I use the Headspace app ( not as much as I should ) and found it very useful at difficult times , I sometimes use it to help me sleep ( to try and quiet my mind ) and sometimes it works , I don't think I'll ever be able to fully quiet my mind at bed time but this has been the best thing to help.

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 7:46 pm

Hi Ferris. : ) Good to hear that you have found Headspace to be of help to you, as well. : ))

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 7:54 pm

Britte wrote:
Hi Ferris. : ) Good to hear that you have found Headspace to be of help to you, as well. : ))

I was recommended it after my first ever mindfulness session and it has had some benefits. : )