Page 6 of 62 [ 980 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 62  Next

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 7:09 am

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
Does anyone's OCD cause shutdowns , meltdowns or sensory issues?

Meltdowns: check!
Shutdowns: check! (Or some version of a shutdown)
Sensory Issues: no, that's my autism :D ! Stress makes them get worse, though.

Britte wrote:

I shutdown completely, when overexposed to sensory input that is problematic for me. I am more prone to shutting down, than melting down, but, in recent weeks Ive melted down on a few occasions. All of the above, if not handled timely and efficiently, will inevitably lead to experiencing OCD symptoms. <--only speaking for myself. Can be different for different people.

Thanks for you answers , I still feel like a child when it comes to self awareness , I am socially naive and didn't even realise it. I've learned so much about myself in the last year. I've just lumped all my issues into one big label and never really questioned it , I just accepted that I was a weirdo and would always struggle. I have always been too scared to actually investigate what is actually wrong with me.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 7:22 am

If it's not painful and nobody minds sharing could you please describe what your senses go through with shutdowns , meltdowns.

For the longest time when I've had an episode ( of whatever is wrong with me ) I've believed I was going mad , felt like I was losing touch with reality , I get hypervigilant and make up all sort of crazy things in my mind but never cross the line where they become delusions ( i.e. completely believe the crazy stuff ) although it doesn't seem far off. I always feel like the next time might be the time I do become delusional and never come back.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 7:56 am

Britte wrote:
I made a decission, earlier today, to avoid certain areas and types of discussions, here. I bookmarked on my laptop (not on WP), the discussions I am interested in and where I feel the least anxious.

I have done the same , I'm trying to avoid discussions which involve some sort of conflict but I know I'll end posting something that will cause conflict - I always do :(

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 10:08 am

SaveFerris wrote:
Britte wrote:
I made a decission, earlier today, to avoid certain areas and types of discussions, here. I bookmarked on my laptop (not on WP), the discussions I am interested in and where I feel the least anxious.

I have done the same , I'm trying to avoid discussions which involve some sort of conflict but I know I'll end posting something that will cause conflict - I always do :(

hey, I can make some crazy threads to keep you busy and ward off the temptation! (If that might help)

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 10:29 am

SaveFerris wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
Does anyone's OCD cause shutdowns , meltdowns or sensory issues?

Meltdowns: check!
Shutdowns: check! (Or some version of a shutdown)
Sensory Issues: no, that's my autism :D ! Stress makes them get worse, though.

Britte wrote:

I shutdown completely, when overexposed to sensory input that is problematic for me. I am more prone to shutting down, than melting down, but, in recent weeks Ive melted down on a few occasions. All of the above, if not handled timely and efficiently, will inevitably lead to experiencing OCD symptoms. <--only speaking for myself. Can be different for different people.

Thanks for you answers , I still feel like a child when it comes to self awareness , I am socially naive and didn't even realise it. I've learned so much about myself in the last year. I've just lumped all my issues into one big label and never really questioned it , I just accepted that I was a weirdo and would always struggle. I have always been too scared to actually investigate what is actually wrong with me.

You're welcome, Ferris. I, too, am socially naive, which is, in large part, why I stay away from certain types of discussions/topic threads, as well as speaking to people in PM's. PM's with certain types of communication style, make me extremely anxious. I let people know if I am too anxious to PM, and, that it is nothing to do with them, but rather, I simply become to anxious when PMing. Some people (not all) take it personally, and tell their friends that I am a horrible person, simply for having too much anxiety when I write in PM, then I get bullied. It has progressively become worse, and this is what has perpetuated my anxiety in recent weeks. I considered, yesterday, taking an extended hiatus from here, but two things came to mind - 1. The fact that it is extremely difficult for me to re-enter a room full of people, so I can't be sure I will have the ability to return, and, 2. I don't want to give bullies power over me/whether I stay or go. I get far too much out of WP, to leave, despite the fact that it has become exhausting and far, too anxiety provoking, to manage properly. This has happened, previously, the bullies got bored with me and moved on. I am hoping for the same, this round. Hopefully, sooner than later. Sorry, I made your post, too much about myself. Will return here, soon, to read more, and post, further.

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 10:42 am

SaveFerris wrote:
If it's not painful and nobody minds sharing could you please describe what your senses go through with shutdowns , meltdowns.

For the longest time when I've had an episode ( of whatever is wrong with me ) I've believed I was going mad , felt like I was losing touch with reality , I get hypervigilant and make up all sort of crazy things in my mind but never cross the line where they become delusions ( i.e. completely believe the crazy stuff ) although it doesn't seem far off. I always feel like the next time might be the time I do become delusional and never come back.

This is what happens to me, verbatim. I have not been able to describe it, in words, so, thank you VERY much, posting your description of what happens to you. I am in this state, when I have high anxiety. Yesterday, you wrote somewhere that you stopped considering paranoia, as it is only connected to the S word, and, that it is, instead, your anxiety that you had been experiencing. I went off and introspected on that, and, I am quite sure that it is a form of being paranoid (at least in my case). Even if not diagnosable paranoia. Or, perhaps it is a fine line between extreme anxiety and paranoia. Anyway, your description is exactly, word-for-word what happens to me. It is ignited by being in a previous, anxious or inferior state of mind (in my case). I have put it in the category of social anxiety, but, my therapist says it stems from anxiety, in general.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 10:45 am

Booyakasha wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
Britte wrote:

hey, I can make some crazy threads to keep you busy and ward off the temptation! (If that might help)

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :lol:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 10:47 am

What do you like better: Ferris Wheels, or Ferrets?

I've never been on the London Eye, though I was right across the Thames from it quite a few times.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 11:08 am

Britte wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:

This is what happens to me, verbatim. I have not been able to describe it, in words, so, thank you VERY much, posting your description of what happens to you. I am in this state, when I have high anxiety. Yesterday, you wrote somewhere that you stopped considering paranoia, as it is only connected to the S word, and, that it is, instead, your anxiety that you had been experiencing. I went off and introspected on that, and, I am quite sure that it is a form of being paranoid (at least in my case). Even if not diagnosable paranoia. Or, perhaps it is a fine line between extreme anxiety and paranoia. Anyway, your description is exactly, word-for-word what happens to me. It is ignited by being in a previous, anxious or inferior state of mind (in my case). I have put it in the category of social anxiety, but, my therapist says it stems from anxiety, in general.

Wow! You've now made me feel not very special at all :lol: I'm glad my words have helped you and I find it crazy ( perhaps the wrong choice of word ) that you share similar experiences , if your going through anything that I'm experiencing my heart goes out to you :heart: . Maybe all I have is really bad anxiety then. Yeah the paranoia is not the medical definition of paranoia which is why I call it anxiety and maybe there is a very fine line between paranoia & anxiety. When you bring the S word into the equation , I thought that type of paranoia is believed 100% and unshakable?

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 11:10 am

SaveFerris wrote:
Booyakasha wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
Britte wrote:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :lol:

C'mon :lol: we have weasels, stoats, minks, or any other animal group -- star nosed moles :D, duck-billed platypuses, Tasmanian devils, it's all good :lol:

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 11:11 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
What do you like better: Ferris Wheels, or Ferrets?

Ferret Wheels :lol:

I've never been on the Eye either.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 11:14 am

Booyakasha wrote:

C'mon :lol: we have weasels, stoats, minks, or any other animal group -- star nosed moles :D, duck-billed platypuses, Tasmanian devils, it's all good :lol:

I have to say my favourite animal of all time is the duck-billed platypuses and was always the animal I chose when asked what animal I saw myself as :roll: - I've said too much haven't I :lol:

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 11:33 am

Britte wrote:

You're welcome, Ferris. I, too, am socially naive, which is, in large part, why I stay away from certain types of discussions/topic threads, as well as speaking to people in PM's. PM's with certain types of communication style, make me extremely anxious. I let people know if I am too anxious to PM, and, that it is nothing to do with them, but rather, I simply become to anxious when PMing. Some people (not all) take it personally, and tell their friends that I am a horrible person, simply for having too much anxiety when I write in PM, then I get bullied. It has progressively become worse, and this is what has perpetuated my anxiety in recent weeks. I considered, yesterday, taking an extended hiatus from here, but two things came to mind - 1. The fact that it is extremely difficult for me to re-enter a room full of people, so I can't be sure I will have the ability to return, and, 2. I don't want to give bullies power over me/whether I stay or go. I get far too much out of WP, to leave, despite the fact that it has become exhausting and far, too anxiety provoking, to manage properly. This has happened, previously, the bullies got bored with me and moved on. I am hoping for the same, this round. Hopefully, sooner than later. Sorry, I made your post, too much about myself. Will return here, soon, to read more, and post, further.

Who doesn't make a post unless it's about them and their experiences ? Well I know I do it 99% of the time. The biggest problem I have about WP is the amount of time I spend here , I can't get enough but know it's not good , the social anxiety aspect is something I've had for decades so it's like a part of me and I can usually to quote Taylor Swift 'shake it off' , in the past though I've usually got myself banned to keep myself in check.

I think a day off from WP every now and then is a good thing although very difficult for me :lol:

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 11:38 am

SaveFerris wrote:
Booyakasha wrote:

I have to say my favourite animal of all time is the duck-billed platypuses and was always the animal I chose when asked what animal I saw myself as :roll: - I've said too much haven't I :lol:

Hey, just say a word, and it's done! :lol:

I think they're marvellous as well! :D

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 11:42 am

Booyakasha wrote:

*too scared to say anything ever again*

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 11:45 am

SaveFerris wrote:
Booyakasha wrote:

*too scared to say anything ever again*

:lmao: lol okie, no problem. But I can start it and say that they're my favourite animal :P No one will ever suspect a thing lol.