Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

LittleCoyoteKat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2018, 2:37 am

I believe it's harder for depression, for sure. I don't know about anxiety though. Anxiety can keep me going long past the point where I should've collapsed.

If I have to, I can force myself to stay awake for about 24 hours, without caffeine. I function much better than most people do when they're tired. I actually have insomnia, it's hard for me to fall asleep and then when I do it's hard for me to stay asleep. I have to take small dose Trazodone to sedate me so I can sleep.

I am a Bookwyrm.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

05 Jan 2018, 4:41 am

blooiejagwa wrote:
Cherina wrote:
The weird thing is as tired as I had been before I had kids with work and exercise and not sleeping, having babies was utterly exhausting with nursing and having a colicky demanding baby, that for a few weeks at least I would fall asleep really fast in between feeds.

Yeah breastfeeding
Pumping 24/7, colic, acid reflux n other issues for the kids. The first was so delayed he couldn’t handle bottle or food so breast only and that too only one side the other had to be pumped
My Ex H also screaming at me for asking him to babysit the one kid while I pumped for the other
It’s like having been through a series of battles.

Maybe pregnancy and nursing also weakens you physically to the point u cannot get back to your previous state of health

I brestfed mostly on autopilot but pacifier weaning got me mentally ill. Literally. She was over 4, had severe open bite and no force could make her sleep without her pacifier, so I finally decided to use the brute force approach. The result? Several weeks of constant sleep deprivation, resulting in my serious mental issues and misdiagnosis :( I can't doze, never was able to fall asleep quickly, so sleepless nights made a wreck of me.
But we got rid of the pacifier and in a few months her bite corrected without any further intervention.

Once not breastfeeding, low doses of quetiapine help me.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>