Page 4 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

JLD
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 18 Feb 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 255

29 Mar 2017, 3:19 pm

Kovu wrote:
Because it's s**t.

The homosexual movement is one of the worst movements ever. It's terribly organized and it will never succeed.


haha!

no....THE nature is sнiт... :skull:
btw i'm not gay ... :Djust interested in socium



tensordyne
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

Joined: 2 Apr 2017
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 50
Location: Kirkland, WA

03 Apr 2017, 6:51 pm

aikoinazuma wrote:
I personally think that the LGBT community can be hostile but I think it is due to most of them being NT to begin with as in the non-LGBT population. Furthermore, I think the antisocial behavior comes from a more domineering personality as most people unfortunately most people aren't very libertarian in their worldview. Due to their nature authoritarian people will be more unaccepting overall (become one of us or don't come at all) and I don't think there's an exception even among LGBT people.


Can you talk to the Authoritarian majority idea? Not trying to be positive or negative myself on that claim, just kind of interested in your explication, if you are cool with it.

The NT / aspie difference is insane. I have an NT gay spouse (I am Aspie Undiagnosed; working on it, don't judge me!) and we talk about that subject far too much. He keeps telling me to imagine as if when NT's talk to each other it is like they are one mind talking to itself. Bizarre!

If one of those NT minds happens to be authoritarian, it can obviously be difficult for all. Aut's should have an even harder time with such situations. High Intelligence Aut's should have the hardest time because bad arguments will never sound right. If the hive mind is being led by the nose by a dictator, then the Aspie will never follow along; bad math is bad math. Dictator: Crush the heretic!

I had an authoritarian older brother, and yes, we physically fought. I think it psychologically negatively affected me without me even knowing it. The problem with authority is related to compliance. Things get complicated in terms of debate, but it seems like to me at least, that it always comes down to two questions.

1. Logic.
2. Emapthy.

Dictators don't care about either.

On the other hand, Aut's and NT's just kind of speak different languages, which alone causes problems. If an NT does not disagree during conversation explicitly, according to my Spouse, there is implicit agreement. This default is so strong it still causes problems for both of us, even though we do our best to remember and come up with conversational rules to handle it. It is crazy.

We just try not to make a big deal about it. We do not blame each other for it anymore. No outbursts of "WHY did you not....". It is still tough though.

Also, posts so far have been interesting. The first posts had stuff to do with Spironolactone and LGBTQ+ "Community" related ideas. It looked like from the posts there could be made an argument for some kind of public health related outbreak of disease, both psychosocially as well as because of the previously listed drug. I was interested, but the topic petered out. If anyone wants to bring that topic back up, I am more than interested in learning.

So far, LGBTQ community interaction for myself has been positive. I love the Bear Crowd. Lesbians can be quite feisty at times, but who cares? Trans people make my heart skip because they are so nice and misunderstood [in my limited experience], even by themselves in those most agonizing of cases. We are all just light trapped in painful meat-sacks, so we should be easy with each other if we can. Take care 'yall!


_________________
Go Vegan!


aikoinazuma
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2017
Age: 35
Gender: Female
Posts: 53

10 Apr 2017, 8:20 am

tensordyne wrote:
aikoinazuma wrote:
I personally think that the LGBT community can be hostile but I think it is due to most of them being NT to begin with as in the non-LGBT population. Furthermore, I think the antisocial behavior comes from a more domineering personality as most people unfortunately most people aren't very libertarian in their worldview. Due to their nature authoritarian people will be more unaccepting overall (become one of us or don't come at all) and I don't think there's an exception even among LGBT people.


Can you talk to the Authoritarian majority idea? Not trying to be positive or negative myself on that claim, just kind of interested in your explication, if you are cool with it.

The NT / aspie difference is insane. I have an NT gay spouse (I am Aspie Undiagnosed; working on it, don't judge me!) and we talk about that subject far too much. He keeps telling me to imagine as if when NT's talk to each other it is like they are one mind talking to itself. Bizarre!

If one of those NT minds happens to be authoritarian, it can obviously be difficult for all. Aut's should have an even harder time with such situations. High Intelligence Aut's should have the hardest time because bad arguments will never sound right. If the hive mind is being led by the nose by a dictator, then the Aspie will never follow along; bad math is bad math. Dictator: Crush the heretic!

I had an authoritarian older brother, and yes, we physically fought. I think it psychologically negatively affected me without me even knowing it. The problem with authority is related to compliance. Things get complicated in terms of debate, but it seems like to me at least, that it always comes down to two questions.

1. Logic.
2. Emapthy.

Dictators don't care about either.

On the other hand, Aut's and NT's just kind of speak different languages, which alone causes problems. If an NT does not disagree during conversation explicitly, according to my Spouse, there is implicit agreement. This default is so strong it still causes problems for both of us, even though we do our best to remember and come up with conversational rules to handle it. It is crazy.

We just try not to make a big deal about it. We do not blame each other for it anymore. No outbursts of "WHY did you not....". It is still tough though.

Also, posts so far have been interesting. The first posts had stuff to do with Spironolactone and LGBTQ+ "Community" related ideas. It looked like from the posts there could be made an argument for some kind of public health related outbreak of disease, both psychosocially as well as because of the previously listed drug. I was interested, but the topic petered out. If anyone wants to bring that topic back up, I am more than interested in learning.

So far, LGBTQ community interaction for myself has been positive. I love the Bear Crowd. Lesbians can be quite feisty at times, but who cares? Trans people make my heart skip because they are so nice and misunderstood [in my limited experience], even by themselves in those most agonizing of cases. We are all just light trapped in painful meat-sacks, so we should be easy with each other if we can. Take care 'yall!


I mean to say that most people are authoritarian or lean towards that irregardless of being Aspie/NT or being LGBT or not. (You certainly could have someone who is LGBT, Aspie and has an authoritarian personality.) The reason being is that human society is organized this way since ancient times; people back then honestly thought that by having strong leadership (and the society and moral code that results from it) that they would live a better life. Some people know better but it's really not much different today vs thousands of years ago. (I apologize if I didn't clarify that in my previous post.)


_________________
Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 107 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 131 of 200
You seem to have both neurodiverse and neurotypical traits.


lidsmichelle
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 May 2016
Gender: Female
Posts: 686
Location: South-eastern Washington

18 Apr 2017, 4:52 pm

Almost all the gay people I know are mentally ill and a number of them are aspies and autistic as well. I'm an aspies lesbian.

Also I've never had any issues with the gay community, probably because I'm not a dick lmao.


_________________
Herein You Will Find Various And Numerous And Innumerable Hexes, Curses, Words In The Old Tongue To Cleave A’Twain Friend, Foe, Family Alike. If You So Choose. Money Hates Me, God Hates Me, My Wife Hates Me, My Own Hands Hate Me. But Thats All Beside The Point. The Point Is That My Time Here On Earth Runs Short. Im Not Dying But You All Are. Im A Glass Of Wine. Nothing Beats A Glass Of Wine. When The Kids Arent Home And Your A Mother Theres A Glass Of Wine There. A Glass Coffee Table And I’m A Glass Of Wine. Stressful Day When The Kids And Youre Husband Then Glass Of Wine. Dark Chocolate Indulge. Petty Indulgences. When Youre A Glass Of Wine And Let The Body’s Hit The Floor. When Your Glass Of Wine Is Running Short And You Say Heck What Of It. Why Dont I Have Another. Bartender I Am A Glass Of Wine. Bottoms Up And The Devil Laughs. The Bartender Remembers When It Happened. They All Remember When It Happened And If They Knew That You Dont Remember Then They Would Know That Something Is Awry Here Or So They Would Think. Something Would Be Amiss Or Smells Fishy. So Theyre All Relating There Stories Of Where They Were When That Event Happened And The Eyes Move Clockwise About The Room Where We All Share Our Glass Of Wine And Suddenly The Clock Ticks To You And They Ask The Fatal Question That Destroys Your Reputation, The Question You Could Never Answer, The Dead Giveaway: Where Were You When The Bodies Hit The Floor


Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 6 May 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,999
Location: NZ

18 Apr 2017, 5:57 pm

lidsmichelle wrote:
Almost all the gay people I know are mentally ill and a number of them are aspies and autistic as well. I'm an aspies lesbian.

Also I've never had any issues with the gay community, probably because I'm not a dick lmao.

Sometimes groups just turn against you because you don't conform to their standards which is what the OP is saying, it doesn't mean someone is a dick.



lidsmichelle
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 May 2016
Gender: Female
Posts: 686
Location: South-eastern Washington

19 Apr 2017, 1:38 pm

Shahunshah wrote:
lidsmichelle wrote:
Almost all the gay people I know are mentally ill and a number of them are aspies and autistic as well. I'm an aspies lesbian.

Also I've never had any issues with the gay community, probably because I'm not a dick lmao.

Sometimes groups just turn against you because you don't conform to their standards which is what the OP is saying, it doesn't mean someone is a dick.

I mean OP is agreeing with transphobes so like... Lol. If the shoe fits.


_________________
Herein You Will Find Various And Numerous And Innumerable Hexes, Curses, Words In The Old Tongue To Cleave A’Twain Friend, Foe, Family Alike. If You So Choose. Money Hates Me, God Hates Me, My Wife Hates Me, My Own Hands Hate Me. But Thats All Beside The Point. The Point Is That My Time Here On Earth Runs Short. Im Not Dying But You All Are. Im A Glass Of Wine. Nothing Beats A Glass Of Wine. When The Kids Arent Home And Your A Mother Theres A Glass Of Wine There. A Glass Coffee Table And I’m A Glass Of Wine. Stressful Day When The Kids And Youre Husband Then Glass Of Wine. Dark Chocolate Indulge. Petty Indulgences. When Youre A Glass Of Wine And Let The Body’s Hit The Floor. When Your Glass Of Wine Is Running Short And You Say Heck What Of It. Why Dont I Have Another. Bartender I Am A Glass Of Wine. Bottoms Up And The Devil Laughs. The Bartender Remembers When It Happened. They All Remember When It Happened And If They Knew That You Dont Remember Then They Would Know That Something Is Awry Here Or So They Would Think. Something Would Be Amiss Or Smells Fishy. So Theyre All Relating There Stories Of Where They Were When That Event Happened And The Eyes Move Clockwise About The Room Where We All Share Our Glass Of Wine And Suddenly The Clock Ticks To You And They Ask The Fatal Question That Destroys Your Reputation, The Question You Could Never Answer, The Dead Giveaway: Where Were You When The Bodies Hit The Floor


Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 6 May 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,999
Location: NZ

19 Apr 2017, 3:35 pm

lidsmichelle wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
lidsmichelle wrote:
Almost all the gay people I know are mentally ill and a number of them are aspies and autistic as well. I'm an aspies lesbian.

Also I've never had any issues with the gay community, probably because I'm not a dick lmao.

Sometimes groups just turn against you because you don't conform to their standards which is what the OP is saying, it doesn't mean someone is a dick.

I mean OP is agreeing with transphobes so like... Lol. If the shoe fits.

How?

This person is speaking from their own experience. What is wrong with that. I am not going to generalize, but in certain groups cultures can develop which people find it hard to fit in to. That is what I think the OP is saying.



C2V
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Apr 2015
Posts: 2,297

25 Apr 2017, 8:32 am

The LGBT community does seem hostile, and often, none moreso than wrong planet.
I don't need everyone to agree with me, and I'm interested to discuss differing views respectfully, but I do get sick of having to constantly defend and justify myself to people who call me mentally ill or screwed in the head, a liar, a fake, an attention seeker and other less polite things.
I have to hide who I am every day, and when I am honest about what I am, I get crap for it.
I accepted being this way was never going to be easy and most of the time I'm okay with that. But it is disappointing when you get hate from a community of people who are supposed to be your allies, and know what it's like to be different.
But honestly so much of the crap I get is from LGBT people. Biphobic gay people, and transphobic transgender people.
I've had straight up cis people who have never met a queer before in their lives do better with LGBT solidarity than some queers. Right now I'm sick of it.


_________________
Alexithymia - 147 points.
Low-Verbal.


Nights_Like_These
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Oct 2008
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 801
Location: Ontario, Canada

25 Apr 2017, 4:15 pm

Generally speaking, I'd say that the Wrong Planet community is more hostile than the greater LGBTQ community. lol


_________________
"There are things known, and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors of perception."

--Aldous Huxley


dregj
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2013
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 66

02 May 2017, 8:33 am

try telling them you want trump to win
just before the us election



JLD
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 18 Feb 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 255

02 May 2017, 11:41 am

People are hostile to each other in general, that is a law.



puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Apr 2010
Age: 31
Gender: Female
Posts: 9,172
Location: Cottonopolis

05 May 2017, 10:39 pm

I'm not even sure I'm in the LGBT community. I think my gay card has expired by now, and I'm not sure where to get it renewed. :lol:

('You've dropped your gay card!' Was a joke we used to tell at school in Britain in the 90s. It was supposed to annoy the person by suggesting they were gay. When I joined the LGBT society at university, they gave me a card which got me reduced entrance fees to a gay bar. This of course led to lots of 'you've dropped your gay card' jokes.)

Seriously, though - I've come to support the LGBT community more politically even though I've lived a straight life for a number of years. There are many parts of the world where it's still illegal, and many where it's a capital offence. Seeing Peter Tatchell give a talk at my students' union back in the day changed my whole perspective. The cliquishness on the scene didn't seem to matter as much.

That said, I do wish more bisexual people were out and talked about their experiences more, because I do think there's an epidemic of bad mental health among people of my persuasion. I've been doing a lot of thinking lately on why that is, but it's (mostly) not because the LGBT community is hostile to us. You get a lot of 'bi-activists' whose main focus seems to be whining about biphobia among the gay community and trying to get politicians and local authorities to use inclusive language. I think that's a waste of time. We need to talk about what it's like to actually live this stuff.

The 'bi-activists' seem to have really bought into the whole genderqueer thing, as well. I have a theory that genderqueer/queer theory/non-binary, etc are ways of politically neutering bisexual people because we tend to be a bit gender non-conformist as a group; it's a consequence of flitting between two worlds and seeing gender roles for what they are. The fact that we can do this in the heart of straightsville sets people on edge. We also don't play the gay social roles (like butch and femme, which are also based on gender ideology) - this confuses and annoys some gay people. The genderqueer label reassures people that we've accepted gender roles, even if we 'queer' them a bit - we haven't rejected them outright. Ever noticed how all the genderqueer and nonbinary people seem to be bi?


_________________
Zombies, zombies will tear us apart...again.


lordoflegions
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 16 Nov 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 113

08 May 2017, 6:27 pm

Lots of gays are drug addicts and vain narcissists so of course they are aholes.

That being said, the non drug addict gays can be nice and some of them are very polite.

My experience of lesbians is that most of them are bigots against mtf transgenders.


_________________
I am mad.


1027brianfm
Butterfly
Butterfly

Joined: 2 Mar 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 9
Location: Northern Ohio USA

17 May 2017, 11:39 am

Being gay myself, I find there is a lot of "group think" in the community. There is a lot of "playing the victim" about everything. Personally, I think they have a bad PR problem. Now, there are always going to be haters and religious nutcases, you will never totally get rid of that. However, when most people see those pride parades and stuff like that they are laughing there ass's off because well... it looks ridiculous. I find some in the community like to shove there agenda in an obnoxious fashion. I think that is some of the problem of why the community is so hated.



Stampfigang
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

Joined: 29 Mar 2017
Age: 38
Gender: Female
Posts: 23
Location: Switzerland

19 May 2017, 12:19 pm

1027brianfm wrote:
Being gay myself, I find there is a lot of "group think" in the community. There is a lot of "playing the victim" about everything. Personally, I think they have a bad PR problem. Now, there are always going to be haters and religious nutcases, you will never totally get rid of that. However, when most people see those pride parades and stuff like that they are laughing there ass's off because well... it looks ridiculous. I find some in the community like to shove there agenda in an obnoxious fashion. I think that is some of the problem of why the community is so hated.


Bad PR Problem? Strange wording if you ask me... You are right about the parade, there is a fair amount of people there who want to provoke the heteronormative people and shove their so called agenda into the straight people's faces. But you know what? It's not only that I dig that but I actually think straight people "deserve" that. As soon as I leave my appartment I get shoved the straight agenda in my face too, every day and not only when the straights have their parade (or maybe I should say every day is straight people parade if you know what I mean). It doesn't matter if I'm watching TV, seeing adds or if I'm just walking on the streets or talk to straight people, I get bombarded with the people promoting their lifestyle: be heterosexual, behave according to your gender role, wear the right clothes, reproduce, be monogamous... I take it it's pretty obvious by now that I'm gay too but especially the stuff about people demanding others to have children and to fit in (I'm talking about gender roles) is a pain in the ass for some straight people too. Ask women over 30 who don't have children yet or even plan to not have any. They get a lot of s**t and there is a lot of pressure on childless couples too. As if this is anybody's bussiness but their own... Have you ever noticed how lots of people don't have much else to talk about than their partner, their kids, their job and building a house? If they are happy there is nothing I would have to complain about and I'm happy if they get what they want. But when I see how a lot of marriages end and how bad a lot of kids are raised I wonder if all of those people really thought about the option of having a different lifestyle. And I'm not talking about their sexual preferences here, as we all know that is not something you can choose, but about their concept of life. As far as I can tell a lot of people (and I think that is what you are refering to, too) can at least pretend they don't have a problem with queers as long as we fit in and play the same game of trying to have a successful business career, build a house, get married and what not. Even if I were straight I'd have a a problem with that and to be honest I also don't feel at home with the LGBT people who share those standards, mainly because I get the same pressure to fit the f**k in that I get from some straight people (and yes, I somewhat consider that conservative or whatever you wanna call it part from the LGBT community as hostile at least if they pressure me to be something that I am just not). Considering I have to deal with that every day I think the straight people or conservative LGBT people can actually take a day of shoving some other agenda in their face too. And if not it's actually not my problem.

Edit: And about playing the victim: I have to say it's always kinda funny to hear something like that, especially when it comes from the same people (and with same people I'm making a general statement about people hating on the gay parades, not on the person I quoted) who are not able to take one single day a year of open queer lifestyle themselfes without feeling threatened or offended. Makes me wonder who likes to play the victim here.


_________________
Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 117 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 112 of 200