Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

foxxi
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Nov 2017, 2:23 pm

I am gay and nobody knows.

Also I am confused, I am physically attracted to women as well as men but vaginas are gross to me.

thewheel
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Nov 2017, 4:06 pm

Do you need to come out just yet? It depends a lot on your situation. Do you think friends / family will be fine with it etc?

I came out to my parents at 19 at Christmas, by that time I had left for uni, in hindsight not the best timing(!) but didn't turn out too bad.

There are no rules in sexuality, you are how you feel. If you don't feel like you could have sex with a woman there is no need to feel confused, it's just not for you.

FerrariFan
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Nov 2017, 12:38 pm

In my opinion, and this is only my opinion, that at 15 years old you don't likely know how to identify yourself. If you are confused then you just need to give yourself time. Don't rush to judge where you will have your preferences.

Most of the members of the LBGT community I have known knew for certain from a younger age.

There should be NO pressure on you from anywhere to make an announcement of any sort regarding the lifestyle you want to pursue.

Good luck!! !

FF

foxxi
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Nov 2017, 11:57 am

FerrariFan wrote:
In my opinion, and this is only my opinion, that at 15 years old you don't likely know how to identify yourself. If you are confused then you just need to give yourself time. Don't rush to judge where you will have your preferences.

Most of the members of the LBGT community I have known knew for certain from a younger age.

There should be NO pressure on you from anywhere to make an announcement of any sort regarding the lifestyle you want to pursue.

Good luck!! !

FF

I have been attracted to guys since I was 6, I was just attracted to a woman for the first time a month ago.

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2017, 8:14 am

FerrariFan wrote:

That seems contradictory, to first claim that a 15-year-old doesn't know how to identify (too young?) and then to say that many queer folks have known for certain even younger.
I'm biased about the whole "coming out" thing. I never did it. I assume the OP means to relatives? It always struck me as creepy to tell your parents all about what you like in bed anyway. And your sexual partners? Isn't it enough that you're interested in them?
I guess I never got the point of the whole "coming out," claiming a label, making a public declaration about a private issue, etc.

foxxi
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Nov 2017, 1:58 pm

C2V wrote:
FerrariFan wrote:

That seems contradictory, to first claim that a 15-year-old doesn't know how to identify (too young?) and then to say that many queer folks have known for certain even younger.
I'm biased about the whole "coming out" thing. I never did it. I assume the OP means to relatives? It always struck me as creepy to tell your parents all about what you like in bed anyway. And your sexual partners? Isn't it enough that you're interested in them?
I guess I never got the point of the whole "coming out," claiming a label, making a public declaration about a private issue, etc.

Mostly because it gets annoying.

[Mom] you should get a girlfriend.
[me] yeah.
[Mom] what's wrong
[me] nothing.

[Cousin] that girls boobs are hawt.
[me]yeah, they look nice I guess.

If I don't come out these moments will just get worse and worse.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2017, 11:00 am

But you like girls, too. So you're bisexual.

FerrariFan

29 Nov 2017, 5:15 pm

C2V wrote:
FerrariFan wrote:

For clarity I think that at 15 years old its too early to put a label on them as gay or bi or hetero. What I meant was that most members of the community I have known didn't try to put a label on themselves until much later.

FF