Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Loli-kun
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Dec 2009, 12:37 am

Well I'm physically Male. Put aside that and I'm an extremely Feminine Female.

My passions from a common spring.
(Excerpt From "Alone" By E.A. Poe)

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2009, 2:14 am

I have female Organs, but I am Pangender. Most of the time I feel I am either one or the other, but sometimes I feel like I am a third gender, somewhere in between. a lot of the time I take on a more masculine gender role. But when I'm out with friends, I take on a quieter feminine role. I do feel that i am both genders, but was born with a female body. :)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2011, 7:55 pm

I'm a very masculine woman. I've never identified wh ith female characters on TV and in movies. Every role model that I've ever had was male. Every rank title that I've had on WP has leaned towards male identification. I felt a little pressured by society to do something about it in 96/97, but than I've decided to accept myself as I am. There was no use wearing makeup and doing my hair to impress the youner crowd at the factory that I worked at. I started to hang out with the babyboomer crowd and it was than that I didn't question myself, anymore. The only feminine things that I will wear is a frilly shirt with a red or a green full length dress jacket.

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2011, 1:18 am

For me, Ive often felt half women, half man. I never really idenitified as androygynous in the past, it was only recently Im starting to realize this. I could never quite relate very well to either gender, I often feel at odds with both genders which can make things difficult at times. In the past I never really thought this mattered cause Im female, no desire to become a man, and Im attracted to males. Things came to me recently cause I was expressing to my friend how I felt so at odds with my gender at times.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2011, 7:44 am

I'm a mostly effeminate gay male who still dresses in masculine clothing and has lots of facial hair. Sometimes, I like to think of myself as gender-neutral.

alice333
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Feb 2011, 5:06 pm

I feel completely androgynous really, more boy than girl I suppose.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2011, 8:44 pm

I'm female and androgynous. For the most part, I like looking and behaving in a boyish way (I was once mistaken for a boy in middle school and felt very proud), but on rare occasions I do enjoy doing my nails, putting on makeup and wearing skirts/dresses. One of my sisters once described me as being "a touch of Venus and a touch of Mars", and my mom says that I don't act too much like either gender.

CockneyRebel wrote:
I've never identified with female characters on TV and in movies. Every role model that I've ever had was male.

Same here! Whenever I watch movies or television shows, I usually tend to identify the most with the lead male character. When I was a little girl and played pretend with my mom, I always pretended to be male characters. I never wanted to be the female characters. Also, in my own imaginary world, my alter ego is quite androgynous and behaves much like a "Prince Charming" type of character.

There are certain female characters whom I admire and care for very much, but I don't really see myself in them. The one possible exception is the titular Alice of Alice in Wonderland (I identify with both the one from the original books as well as the one from Tim Burton's version, albeit for different reasons).

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2011, 4:59 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
I've never identified with female characters on TV and in movies. Every role model that I've ever had was male.

Same here! Whenever I watch movies or television shows, I usually tend to identify the most with the lead male character. When I was a little girl and played pretend with my mom, I always pretended to be male characters. I never wanted to be the female characters. Also, in my own imaginary world, my alter ego is quite androgynous and behaves much like a "Prince Charming" type of character.

There are certain female characters whom I admire and care for very much, but I don't really see myself in them. The one possible exception is the titular Alice of Alice in Wonderland (I identify with both the one from the original books as well as the one from Tim Burton's version, albeit for different reasons).

When I watched TV shows, I was never able to identify with anyone. I just sit back and watch it as pure fictionalized entertainment, coming into the realization fiction characters are simplified for the sake of entertainment. Real people are much more complex. When I listen to music, I can more often identify with music where the singer is male then female. Sometimes when I try to identify with female singers and lyrics, I cant.

Liam4230
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Feb 2011, 9:54 pm

I'm a trans man, but also identify as genderqueer. I definitely identify more as male than as female, and I'm way happier living as a man than I was living as a woman, but I also don't consider myself to be completely male-identified. I'm somewhere in between, and I'm happy there. :)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2011, 11:02 pm

i have a female brain forced to manage a nominally male [but feminine in contour] body.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2011, 12:10 am

Ai_Ling wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

When I watched TV shows, I was never able to identify with anyone. I just sit back and watch it as pure fictionalized entertainment, coming into the realization fiction characters are simplified for the sake of entertainment. Real people are much more complex. When I listen to music, I can more often identify with music where the singer is male then female. Sometimes when I try to identify with female singers and lyrics, I cant.

While I agree that fictional characters are much more simplified than real people, I'm still able to identify with them because different characters represent different aspects of my personality, either in traits I actually possess, or traits I only wish I possessed. As for music, there are songs I enjoy which do an excellent job of describing my feelings ("Unwell" by Matchbox Twenty being the main one) but they don't really represent my personality.

jtech
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Feb 2011, 1:42 am

I am a biological female who identifies as such. Though, the way I dress and behave are fairly ambiguous.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 12:05 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
I'm female and androgynous. For the most part, I like looking and behaving in a boyish way (I was once mistaken for a boy in middle school and felt very proud), but on rare occasions I do enjoy doing my nails, putting on makeup and wearing skirts/dresses. One of my sisters once described me as being "a touch of Venus and a touch of Mars", and my mom says that I don't act too much like either gender.

CockneyRebel wrote:

Leading acts topic

I have felt this way, too, and when i was a kid there were very few strong leading female roles on TV, except for Lucille Ball, Phyllis Diller, and the like who did not act frilly feminine. This is why i did not like Girl from Uncle or Cat Woman, because they were girly types, deferring to men, and I was always more androgynous, as I am now, yet I identify as a woman, and mother, and would not want to be a man.

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2011, 7:36 pm

andriarose wrote:
I'm kind of your female equivalent, I think.

I'm not attracted to the polar genders of male and female (both physical and mental aspects), but rather the gray area in between, which is where I fall. I've never really understood the concept of gender, and why men and women are expected to be so different. I like androgyny.
I'm not attracted to manly men or feminine women. I'm also not attracted to extremely feminine men or extremely masculine women. It has to be a good balance.
There is nothing wrong with being, or being attracted to, a person who falls outside the gender stereotypes.

This.

Your Aspie score: 167 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 35 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie.

kc8ufv
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2011, 2:50 am

BioMale here. I tend to feel like I belong a bit on the masculine side of androgynous. When I was passing out candy on halloween when I was in junior high, I was identified as female by a few parents. Lately, people have been doing a double take at me, though that could be because they aren't used to seeing a guy in non-bifrucated garments.

jamesongerbil
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2011, 8:59 pm

I'mma gonna say it here, too.
Now, we say "queer" or androgyne. In more tribal or traditional cultures, it's "shaman." In cultures that recognize third or even fourth genders, these people are often thought to be holy in the sense that they have something more spiritual to them. Shamans communicate with the spirit world, the dead and the worlds beyond, so they've got to have something a bit extra. In some cultures, this is a requirement, although different cultures have different requirements. An example of this would be in India, some men take on the role of women, dress like them and act like them, in reverence to a god whose name I can't remember. It's Hindu or something, I think. Their place is holy in their society, though they may seem strange to some.
I'd though I'd through that out there. We learned about it in class a while ago.