Page 1 of 7 [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

thatsrobrageous
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Nov 2016, 3:06 pm

As a gay man, I feel like I cannot share my opinion with a good portion of the LGBT community without being scorned at. Seems like everyone has to be political and internalize stereotypes to be considered a good member of the LGBT community. What happened to the definition of Community? I thought people could try to get along and stick together. I'm embarrassed it is currently hostile and I did not want to go to gay clubs this weekend because of the frequent fear blown out of proportion to the point of shunning anyone without second thought.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 3:16 pm

You aren't talking about some online community--are you? Places that aren't hostile online are almost non-existent.
People say stuff online that they would never say face to face.

thatsrobrageous
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Nov 2016, 10:36 pm

I say that particularly in general. Online and in Person. It disappoints me that theres discrimination within the community and I can even provide examples.

lordoflegions
Raven
Raven

16 Nov 2016, 12:12 pm

I wanted to be a lesbian ever since I was a child. So that puts me as firmly LGBTQ.

In my experience, the LGBT community has a lot of mutiny, infighting, and conspiracy elements. I have a lot of trans-friends, many of them backstab each other routinely, and pretend to put on a happy smile in public.
Also, the LGBT community tends to not help transgenders in need, only give them lip service but not real help.
Also, the LGBT community tends to over-police words.
Also, the LGBT community tends to quickly worship trends (function of naivete).

My hypothesis is this is all due to a chemical known as Spirolactone, that many transgenders take.
It has come to my attention, that a Transgender chemist, has analyzed it's chemical properties, and concluded Spirolactone diminishes rational thinking and can cause delusional behavoir.

thatsrobrageous
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Nov 2016, 8:23 am

lordoflegions wrote:
I wanted to be a lesbian ever since I was a child. So that puts me as firmly LGBTQ.

In my experience, the LGBT community has a lot of mutiny, infighting, and conspiracy elements. I have a lot of trans-friends, many of them backstab each other routinely, and pretend to put on a happy smile in public.
Also, the LGBT community tends to not help transgenders in need, only give them lip service but not real help.

My hypothesis is this is all due to a chemical known as Spirolactone, that many transgenders take.
It has come to my attention, that a Transgender chemist, has analyzed it's chemical properties, and concluded Spirolactone diminishes rational thinking and can cause delusional behavoir.

YES! Finally someone who speaks my mind. I see that very clearly, In a training I did for LGBT volunteer stuff, the trainer was speaking in a scornful tone from time to time, so I could tell they were not a fan of talking to "Cisgender people" as political correctness gets.

vometia
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Nov 2016, 8:54 am

I dunno, sometimes I think "LGBT community" is a bit of a contradiction in terms. Which is perhaps a little bit uncharitable of me as some people have given me a lot of help and inspiration, but just as many have been needlessly obnoxious. I guess it's ultimately healthier to not try to be a part of some community and just be me; and if I think discussing LGBT issues is the right thing to do, to do it in my name rather than as part of some virtual group. That way I get to take credit for my own assortment of foibles as much as anything else!

What a subject for a first post. I blame the forum for waving it at me temptingly, because taking responsibility would be bad. :mrgreen:

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2016, 9:35 am

thatsrobrageous wrote:
As a gay man, I feel like I cannot share my opinion with a good portion of the LGBT community without being scorned at. Seems like everyone has to be political and internalize stereotypes to be considered a good member of the LGBT community. What happened to the definition of Community? I thought people could try to get along and stick together. I'm embarrassed it is currently hostile and I did not want to go to gay clubs this weekend because of the frequent fear blown out of proportion to the point of shunning anyone without second thought.

Despite succeeding on marriage equality, nondiscrimination and hate-crime protections, too many LGBT people still "eat their own" by abusing each other, particularly those who don't comply with their expectations of conformity (political, social and professional). "Diverse and inclusive," my ass. They are now, too often, the abusers not the victims.

As an LGBT advocate for 35 years, I hate to admit it, but it might take a generation or more for LGBT people to grow up.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

stevens2010
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Nov 2016, 12:51 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
thatsrobrageous wrote:

Despite succeeding on marriage equality, nondiscrimination and hate-crime protections, too many LGBT people still "eat their own" by abusing each other, particularly those who don't comply with their expectations of conformity (political, social and professional). "Diverse and inclusive," my ass. They are now, too often, the abusers not the victims.

As an LGBT advocate for 35 years, I hate to admit it, but it might take a generation or more for LGBT people to grow up.

This is a very timely post for me.

For about five years, I have participated as a member of the forum at emptyclosets<dot>com. There is a high degree of conformity and censorship on that site. Furthermore, many users attempt to dominate others with ideological dogma and extreme moralizing.

I think the last straw for me was when it came to light that the charitable owners of the site were reporting people with suicidal thoughts to law enforcement. The incident that stood out the most was when an individual had called a hotline and was discussing his thoughts on the site, and the police arrived and basically outed him to his roommates. They take the typical approach that the psychological professions now are arms of law enforcement, and you can't say anything to one of them without it being reported to Big Brother.

The site owners tolerate absolutely no criticism, and ban people at the drop of a hat. I managed not to get banned, but I have decided to basically ban myself, because I don't like this aspect of the LGBT community. I would like to think I did some good answering others questions on the site, but in the end I can devote my pay-if-forward time in any way I like, and there are plenty of opportunities that are welcoming and appreciative.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2016, 2:12 pm

stevens2010 wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
thatsrobrageous wrote:

This is a very timely post for me.

For about five years, I have participated as a member of the forum at emptyclosets<dot>com. There is a high degree of conformity and censorship on that site. Furthermore, many users attempt to dominate others with ideological dogma and extreme moralizing.

I think the last straw for me was when it came to light that the charitable owners of the site were reporting people with suicidal thoughts to law enforcement. The incident that stood out the most was when an individual had called a hotline and was discussing his thoughts on the site, and the police arrived and basically outed him to his roommates. They take the typical approach that the psychological professions now are arms of law enforcement, and you can't say anything to one of them without it being reported to Big Brother.

The site owners tolerate absolutely no criticism, and ban people at the drop of a hat. I managed not to get banned, but I have decided to basically ban myself, because I don't like this aspect of the LGBT community. I would like to think I did some good answering others questions on the site, but in the end I can devote my pay-if-forward time in any way I like, and there are plenty of opportunities that are welcoming and appreciative.

Wow! Not only is reporting people to law-enforcement agencies a little too involved (at least), it can have repercusions that affect the reported individual's family, friends, neighborhood, profession, health care and more.... And, yet, these LGBT SJWs are every bit as derisive and dismissive as the useful idiots of nanny state of Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell.

I am glad that I have largely eschewed the LGBT "community" even if it means having almost no friends.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

stevens2010
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Nov 2016, 3:39 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
I am glad that I have largely eschewed the LGBT "community" even if it means having almost no friends.

Sadly, has also been true for me. (I am a bit older than you are.)

I will say that in the last ten years or so I have managed to make several platonic gay friends. That has been nice, but in general this has been outside the SJW world.

I guess when one is an Aspie, it's fairly easy to find judgments. A lot of the time those judgments aren't favorable.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2016, 3:42 pm

stevens2010 wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:

Sadly, has also been true for me. (I am a bit older than you are.)

I will say that in the last ten years or so I have managed to make several platonic gay friends. That has been nice, but in general this has been outside the SJW world.

I guess when one is an Aspie, it's fairly easy to find judgments. A lot of the time those judgments aren't favorable.

Yes. It can be wearing.

lordoflegions
Raven
Raven

17 Nov 2016, 11:04 pm

thatsrobrageous wrote:
lordoflegions wrote:

YES! Finally someone who speaks my mind. I see that very clearly, In a training I did for LGBT volunteer stuff, the trainer was speaking in a scornful tone from time to time, so I could tell they were not a fan of talking to "Cisgender people" as political correctness gets.

Don't worry, those kinds of people are mean to other LGBT's behind closed doors, don't feel single'd out.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2016, 5:13 am

Heheheheh...I hung out with a bunch of SJW LGBT people a few years ago. They were horrible people. Racist, intolerant a***holes. It was the group where the woman scorned at me that I had an ill-fitting bra and that she didn't like me for "not knowing much about politics", and her partner hinted I was "one of those Arabs with hooked noses". He hinted on FB that I was unwanted, boring, and it should be obvious to me. The rest of them used to slag off people on benefits as being selfish and they used to laugh at Indians.

BaronHarkonnen85
Toucan
Toucan

18 Nov 2016, 10:21 pm

Yeah, most of the hate and vitriol comes from SJW/regressive leftists.

Try even having a rational discussion with them about anything without being called a bigot.

thatsrobrageous
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Nov 2016, 9:24 pm

I feel like when I walk into a LGBT club sometimes (usually predominantly gay men) , There's an awkwardness where I actually do not connect with most of the people at the bar. A lot of the community or Cummunity in some cases, seems to have a trend where its cool to be a middle aged man, act like a sixteen year old who whines about everything and complain about not getting what they want, gossipy, and chain smokes and drinks every day to death. Not to mention, a lot of the gay men I have seen put on this IM SO GAY OMG, MADONNA IS MY GURL, and I'm saying this because why does everyone have to internalize these incredibly inaccurate stereotypes. I'm a gay man not into show tunes. I like drag though and I enjoy it.

randomeu
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2016, 6:54 pm

I didnt see what you meant at first, but yeah, i cant seem to share an opinion on websites like openclosets.com without getting a huge lecture on politics or how wrong i am. but to be fair i have some strange opinions.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 174 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 30 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Officially diagnosed 30th june 2017