Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

coryparry
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Jan 2017, 3:04 pm

Never posted on here before but I'm really struggling to find help at the moment. I have Aspergers by the way.

I've been in a relationship for about 3 months now, at first we didn't stop texting and talking and he gave me constant reassurance. We would phone every night as he didn't live in the same country as me, but he would visit me all the time.

He started to stop with the texting all the time stuff and talking on the phone all the time, but I just can't seem to adjust to the change of habit, it is really putting our relationship into melt down. He has said that I am to obsessive and am constantly 'to in love with him'.
I have done this in previous relationships and it has all ended the same way with the same problem.
Its like I fall in love to fast, very fast even.

I am just wondering if this is normal? I don't know anyone else on the spectrum to talk to about this.
Is it a common thing with people with autism or is it just me?
Its really getting me down and I just need some reassurance.

randomeu
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2017, 6:28 pm

the one relationship ive had was mainly online, but we skyped all the time and such. i kind of had the opposite problem. he was way too forward with me, he lives further down south in the same country as me. seriously the guy was coming on way too strong way too fast. but the thing was id never had that kind of attention before, so i let it happen (this ended badly, he stopped talking to me then told me he felt nothing anymore and basically never spoke to me again). i think it comes down to not actually knowing what a relationship is (properly). everyone seems to automatically learn how far to go and whats too strong or too weak. and how to go about it. but i dont at all. i even asked on a website about the rules and such and basically nobody gave me an answer about it other then "forget the rules" as if i already knew them.

i really didn't think this would be an issue when i thought about the problems id have with aspergers (or ASD as people tend to call it now). but it is.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 174 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 30 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Officially diagnosed 30th june 2017