Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Raskel
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Feb 2017, 9:54 pm

I just signed up, and there isn't an option for agender- which I am. I understand that there's quite a few nonbinary gender identities, and that they change occasionally based on the current conversation, but it is really that hard to add an option that says "other" or "nonbinary"?
Venting a bit.

wrongcitizen
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2017, 11:40 pm

I understand what you're saying, however I think the reason it asks for only two genders is because a majority of people identify with the main two. Also the creators of the site, like many of us, have to constantly balance different societal views and many people are against the concept proposed here, (I have no idea why however so don't ask me lol). Additionally, a majority of the people on the site just go to the general section and they put one of the two options they most affiliate with. I do agree with your last sentence as well and the best thing for that would be to put other, which suits everyone.

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2017, 8:38 am

I hear ya, if they won't add the option then they should just let you put in whatever option you want to.

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2017, 9:10 am

What about just switching it every week? :twisted:

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2017, 9:12 am

green0star wrote:
I hear ya, if they won't add the option then they should just let you put in whatever option you want to.

I agree, there should be an 'other' section but with a little box under it where you can type what you'd like.

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2017, 11:43 am

C2V wrote:
What about just switching it every week? :twisted:

because after you sign up being forced to pick either one or the other you can't go back in the profile and switch back x-x

cobweb
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Mar 2017, 3:21 pm

I agree, a third gender option is neither radical nor difficult to include. Wish I could have chosen nonbinary.