you can be trans, but there are 2 genders

Page 2 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 12:55 am

Gender is a state of mind. You are what you think you are.

Cad
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Jun 2017, 2:57 am

It's no one's business if you/others/your neighbour identify as...whatever gender you/they want. People should keep their eyes on their own plate. If people aren't hurting anyone that what does it matter?

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 12:00 pm

So, OP, by the same reasoning, if you find some male effeminate, you will insist on referring to him as her, despite his objections, until he shows you his ding-a-ling?

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 7:30 pm

I too am strongly opposed to the SJW mindset, believing it to be extremely harmful (especially to the LGBT community), however I don't "feel" entirely male or female. I have all my life. I'm closeted but have a strong desire to transition.

I accept there are "transtrenders" who have no dysphoria and no desire of presenting or hormonally/medically transitioning. And they have ruined the nonbinary label for so many of us who genuinely consider ourselves to be such. It's insulting how they seem to regard even the mildest hint of gender nonconformity to be "I'm trans!" Here's a newsflash: You can be a girl who has her hair short or a boy who wears makeup yet still be a girl or a boy. David Bowie wore makeup and dresses and still considered himself 100% man. Some even make up "aesthetic" genders which is downright insulting to the trans community as a whole.

tl;dr it's not the nonbinary label we should be criticising but the people who identify themselves as some kind of gender they pulled out of their ass when bored in Maths because they're female and happen to wear trousers.

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

moonnymph
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Jun 2017, 9:31 am

There are 2 sexes - Male and Female, but there are many more than 2 genders. Gender and sex are not the same thing, just like sex and intimacy are not the same thing.

aikoinazuma
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Jun 2017, 12:32 pm

I think that a person ultimately is going to identify as whatever they want to be. For the most part there are two biological sexes (with obvious and not obvious exceptions) but the whole concept of gender is a human construct (or at least Neurotypical). Of course, person "A" may identify as non-binary and another person many not consider person "A" to be non-binary or the opposite. I think the real issue is personal freedom and choice in anyone's personal life and the right of self-determination moreso than whatever gender a person considers themselves to be. I think the OP is way over their head as far as this subject goes and obviously spends too much time on the internet; gender identity has nothing to do with the SJW nonsense spreading around. My own attitude is: I will identify as whatever gender I like. If you don't like it, come do something about it, if you can. How you respond to that will determine what kind of person you really are.

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 9:38 am

Not to mention the fact that international law outright disagrees with the "you must be male or female" position. All of my own legal paperwork, including my passport, which is accepted at immigration, and my birth certificate, are not gendered male or female.
They have either "X" or "Unspecified." There are people out there like this. This is a reality. It's not made up on the internet. At all.

Butterfly88
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2017, 1:32 pm

Whose to say there are only 2 genders? Life is not all cookie cutter. Kind of like everyone with ASD is different, I believe everyone who is trans or non-binary is unique too.