Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2020, 12:59 pm

Any lesbians here have experience with good online or offline spaces to interact with single lesbians? Something that is not a dating website/app or typical overstimulating social venue like a club. It doesn't have to be dating-specific.

Last edited by starkid on 14 Aug 2020, 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2020, 1:08 pm

Any dating site would have a women seeking women choice in your profile,I would have no clue if there is anything for women similar to Grindr,you should try googling that,or Bing or Duck Duck Go,whatever search engine you fancy.

EDIT

" Zoe " and " Her" come up high in searches for lesbian/bi-sexual dating app's

Try those

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2020, 2:01 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
Any dating site would have a women seeking women choice in your profile,I would have no clue if there is anything for women similar to Grindr,you should try googling that,or Bing or Duck Duck Go,whatever search engine you fancy.

This is the exact opposite of what I asked for. Read before you post. I don't even want input from men.

LurkingTank
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Sep 2020, 2:26 pm

In terms of online spaces, is an app called Amino that has multiple communities, including for LGBTQ+ folks. One of the communities is for lesbians and other femme-attracted folks (I believe that it’s just called Lesbians Amino). The only downside of Amino is that a large portion of the audience is under 18, so it’s not an ideal place for dating. There are enough grown up communities in larger aminos like that one, though, that you should have no problem finding other adults to socialize with. Since there’s a posting element to it, you can also blog as a way of finding people to talk to.

Hope this helps, good luck :)

JaySea
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Sep 2020, 4:35 pm

I’m based in the UK so I’m talking about international groups and sites. For meeting in person I use the Meetup app to search for lesbian social groups and interests like lesbian film and book clubs and discussion groups.

I haven’t used it for a loooong time but it’s still running. It’s a Switzerland based international site called shoe.org and they did have quite a nice, lively discussion forum (kind of set out like this). I found some nice people on there when I was travelling. Don’t know what it’s like now though. Hope that helps.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2020, 4:36 pm

JaySea wrote:
I’m based in the UK so I’m talking about international groups and sites. For meeting in person I use the Meetup app to search for lesbian social groups and interests like lesbian film and book clubs and discussion groups.

I haven’t used it for a loooong time but it’s still running. It’s a Switzerland based international site called shoe.org and they did have quite a nice, lively discussion forum (kind of set out like this). I found some nice people on there when I was travelling. Don’t know what it’s like now though. Hope that helps.

Thank you for posting. I've been on Shoe for over a decade and it's never been very lively during that time.

JaySea
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Oct 2020, 10:50 am

Ah oh dear. How about a lesbian discussion group? They’re all online these days

prinanab
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Oct 2020, 11:29 pm

I have never met any decent people ... oh well.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2020, 1:46 am

JaySea wrote:

I've joined one since I started this thread. I can hardly see anyone posting on the website because there's a separate mobile version and apparently most of the members are using that version.

I'm just musing now, feel free to stop reading at this point...

Lots of services are being offered as apps instead of websites now. I almost feel like I'm being left behind. I don't understand how people can bear those tiny smartphone screens and keyboards. They're terrible for typing anything longer than 5 letters.

Honestly it seems there are not a lot of English-language lesbian discussion groups that haven't been taken over by men, bisexuals, and queers who raise a fuss because they think men belong in lesbian spaces.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2020, 1:56 am

starkid wrote:
Lots of services are being offered as apps instead of websites now. I almost feel like I'm being left behind. I don't understand how people can bear those tiny smartphone screens and keyboards. They're terrible for typing anything longer than 5 letters.

I've got nothing on-topic to contribute, but I absolutely feel where you're coming from with that observation. I miss the 'good old days' of the internet before phones started becoming the dominant means of access. Those of us who don't own one, or hate using them will probably end up marginalized for awhile until the next wave of tech comes along.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

robotrecall
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

Location: In a floating candy house with a flying pet unicorn

16 Nov 2020, 2:16 pm

starkid wrote:
JaySea wrote:

I've joined one since I started this thread. I can hardly see anyone posting on the website because there's a separate mobile version and apparently most of the members are using that version.

I'm just musing now, feel free to stop reading at this point...

Honestly it seems there are not a lot of English-language lesbian discussion groups that haven't been taken over by men, bisexuals, and queers who raise a fuss because they think men belong in lesbian spaces.

Go on saidit.net and look up lesbians (there are some bisexuals that invade, but it's better than the alternative). There's also ovarit's lesbian sub and thelchat. This place is nice too: https://cliterati.club/about