what are you listening to THIS VERY SECOND?

Page 2272 of 3943 [ 63074 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2269, 2270, 2271, 2272, 2273, 2274, 2275 ... 3943  Next

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 5:54 am

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 5:45 pm

^^ (Edit in: aha, that's where your username comes from!)

Never heard these guys before. My laptop speakers just don't cut it, no decent equalizer. Had to look for the lyrics. Strangely mellow - is that a banjo? With marimbas? It works. How can it work?

And why on earth did it bring *this* to mind?

and this, even more. Which I can't believe I even remembered accurately, let alone found online.

Thank you. I'm going to be having some eclectic earworms for awhile.

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 6:12 pm

..." Walk, Don't Run " ~ The Ventures ~ I'm not too sure that it isn't the " Walk, Don't Run '64 " version, actually. :?

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 6:46 pm

^^ :-)

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 6:57 pm

...That aimed at me? :)

te="Esmerelda Weatherwax"]^^ :-)[/quote]

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 6:59 pm

..." Slaughter On Tenth Avenue " ~ The New York Philharmonic, directed by Richard Rodgers (its author).

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 7:07 pm

ASS-P wrote:
Esmerelda Weatherwax wrote:

Yup! I went and got it off YouTube to refresh my memory. Thanks!

ASS-P wrote:
..." Slaughter On Tenth Avenue " ~ The New York Philharmonic, directed by Richard Rodgers (its author).

I saw the ballet - 40 years ago it must have been. :-)

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 7:38 pm

...Did you get the '59?? original or the '64 remake?
Was it " Slaughter " put on by a ballet company, as part of a ballet program?
It was first written as a dance sequence in a musical.

smerelda Weatherwax"]

ASS-P wrote:
Esmerelda Weatherwax wrote:

Yup! I went and got it off YouTube to refresh my memory. Thanks!

ASS-P wrote:

I saw the ballet - 40 years ago it must have been. :-)[/quote]

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 7:43 pm

Hi, ASS-P. I bookmarked it. Here it is:

I saw Slaughter at a ballet performance. It's been so long ago I can't remember where, or which company did it. Maybe the American Ballet Company. It was amazing, that I remember.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 3:39 am

traven
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 3:55 am

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 4:57 am

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 5:10 am

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 5:58 am

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 5:20 pm

I like the '59 version of "Walk, don't run," by the Ventures.

How about "Tequila," by the Champs?

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 6:01 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I like the '59 version of "Walk, don't run," by the Ventures.

How about "Tequila," by the Champs?

Only if Pee-Wee Herman's dancing to it :)