Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2011, 2:37 pm

Musicprophets wrote:
when i used to write poetry and currently when i blog, its usually very late at night. it started in my teens and continued through college. of course i had to be alone in my room, headphones on, and the ideas/thoughts/opinions just come alive at night.

Yep, same situation for me. How I write is to play one song on repeat that I feel exemplifies the mood I wanna create. Then I just sort of fall into the song.

Kiran
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Feb 2011, 8:55 am

I'm the most creative right before I go to bed. Sometimes when I'm already in bed and I have to get up again to write down my idea, otherwise I've forgotten about it the next day when I wake up.
Tiredness is apparently good for creativity. I know a guy who wrote a book who used sleep depravation as an inspirational technique. After a while he even started to hallucinate!

rastiazul
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Nov 2011, 10:30 pm

polarity wrote:
There's a very interesting video at TED.com by Jill Bolte Taylor, who gets mentioned on the Beyond-Belief website, that gives a good example of just how different the brain hemispheres are.

great, thanx

Hyram_Inesh
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Nov 2011, 10:44 pm

yes most of my "creative" thoughts come at night