Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2018, 10:06 pm

Got any doodles you'd like to share? Feel free to post them on this thread. :) I'd recommend uploading them on Imgur, then "open image in new tab" and copy and pasting that link into the "insert image" option if you are struggling to get pictures to show. Hoping that works for me and the images display properly...

If they do, then here are some of my doodles:

:)

Diagnosis progress

Autism: I have some traits, but it's just sort of a "Eh, maybe" at this point. Not currently pursuing an evaluation.

Dyscalculia diagnosis progress: planning to apply for private testing.

OCD, and GAD: both possibilities, but I'd rather get tested for Dyscalculia first, before I address what's causing my underlying anxiety.

Embla
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Feb 2018, 3:25 pm

I like your imagination! I could never be so abstract as to put a snake-bowl right in someone's forehead. I get that those two may be unrelated, but it looks cool to me.

I'm not sure what counts as a doodle, but if it's like small sketches, I made these on the bus today:

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2018, 5:09 pm

Embla wrote:
I like your imagination! I could never be so abstract as to put a snake-bowl right in someone's forehead. I get that those two may be unrelated, but it looks cool to me.

Haha, yeah. :D I know the first one probably seems a bit odd/ all over the place. That's because when I doodle I never really have much of a plan, I just draw whatever comes to mind, and because my mind is quite associative in nature I can end up with some very odd things indeed.

Admittedly I was doodling in a lecture about identity, and the first thing for me that comes to mind is an eye (since people say that "eyes never lie/ are the window to someone's true self")...which got me thinking about the concept of honesty and dishonesty.

Snakes are thought to be cunning creatures which keep to themselves, they are calculating, cold, and sometimes symbolise withholding information, or being underhanded in approach. If eyes symbolise open honesty and vulnerability, then you could say that snakes are the opposite.

Thus, in a weird sort of way the snake is connected to the face. I have somewhat of a fascination with this idea of concealing emotions, and often draw faces where there is a disconnect between what the person's face says VS what they are actually thinking.

Originally I drew a tear under the eye, but that tear turned into a fan/ set of revolving doors, because it is easy to feel "trapped" (I dislike revolving doors and even though it's irrational, sometimes I worry about getting stuck in them forever in an inescapable loop) by a manipulative person's gaze. I knew girls that used to pretend to cry in order to get what they wanted, and then would stop instantly once people caved to their demands, so that also ties into the whole emotional manipulation and feeling trapped thing.

Although the others never got down on their knees and started fanning them, they might've well have done considering how much control they had over them.

Embla wrote:
I'm not sure what counts as a doodle, but if it's like small sketches, I made these on the bus today:

Personally out of those drawings I am most drawn to the (presumably abandoned) house with trees/ plants sprouting out of it, although I also like the stormy sea with a boat on. Your drawings are nicely detailed, I admire that. :)

Diagnosis progress

Autism: I have some traits, but it's just sort of a "Eh, maybe" at this point. Not currently pursuing an evaluation.

Dyscalculia diagnosis progress: planning to apply for private testing.

OCD, and GAD: both possibilities, but I'd rather get tested for Dyscalculia first, before I address what's causing my underlying anxiety.

Embla
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Today, 4:43 pm

Wow! That is so interesting! I thought that first one was just completely random doodling, but there's so much more to that drawing! Having it explained to me, I really like that symbolism.
How about page two? Now that I know about the background to the first one, I'm really curious about the other!

What's really interesting to me is how you had no immediate plan with that drawing, but it still holds so much information. While my drawings are always something concrete, and it's planned out before I start drawing. But even though I give some thought to my doodles, there's never a deeper meaning behind them.
You've inspired me to try to stop thinking too much before I hit the paper with the pen. Seems like I might learn something interesting about the way my own thoughts work.

I very much relate to your thought about the revolving doors there. I never made the same connection, but I hate those doors, and I keep getting in the way of manipulators.

Thank you! I like that house best as well. I try to keep it simple, but I keep getting caught up in the details!