Is "Destopia" a too obviously evil-sounding name?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Jun 2020, 3:04 pm

In one of my literary works I have an evil corporation named Destopia, it's a vacation resort company that deals in adult entertainment. The "Dest" in Destopia is short for "Destinations," but I'm wondering if it's too obviously evil sounding a name, as it's obviously a play on the word Dystopia. (Although in my series, the themes of Dystopia don't appear, until right around the time that this corporation goes into serious decline.)

Is Destopia a realistic or plausible name, for this kind of corporation?

Don't bother with me, I'm just a narrow-minded bigot who does nothing but "proselytize" not because I actually love the Faith, because no one loves the Faith, we're just "using it to justify our bigotry." If you see any thread by me on here that isn't "proselytizing," I can't explain that because that's obviously impossible; because again, all I've ever done on here is "proselytize."

WP is the 2nd worst forum site I have ever been on.

Borromeo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2020, 3:08 pm

No offense intended but it would be patently ridiculous.

OK, it's a kinky travel agency. Maybe that's their tagline: Your Kinky Travel Agency. Love to Travel, Travel to Love. A name for a company like that, honestly, should be something in keeping with the 21st century trend of making everything sound like ukulele-accompanied Instagram photos.

"Highmile" would work, as in the mile-high club.

Highmile Destinations. Love to Travel, Travel to Love. Spreading the Gates of an Exotic Paradise.

From one Catholic author to another, improve your dirty jokes, like the old lady typist doing the church donation drive in the bulletin: "I upped my pledge; up yours!"

Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Jun 2020, 8:25 pm

I see, I've got to brainstorm some new ideas for names.

So far I have:

Exotico.
Wild RIdes
Rush Cruises

Don't bother with me, I'm just a narrow-minded bigot who does nothing but "proselytize" not because I actually love the Faith, because no one loves the Faith, we're just "using it to justify our bigotry." If you see any thread by me on here that isn't "proselytizing," I can't explain that because that's obviously impossible; because again, all I've ever done on here is "proselytize."

Borromeo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2020, 10:29 pm

Greatshield17 wrote:
I see, I've got to brainstorm some new ideas for names.

So far I have:

Exotico.
Wild RIdes
Rush Cruises

First too generic, second probably about right, third sounds like Limbaugh is involved and while that might not have been out of character for him at one time it's not a visual anyone wants.

You can borrow anything in my replies too if you like; there's nothing copyrighted in this. I'd rather you get the credit for my dirty jokes anyway.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2020, 11:01 pm

Destination Utopia

Borromeo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2020, 11:10 pm

hurtloam wrote:
Destination Utopia

Actually, that's awesome! The original "Utopia" of Thomas More's novel is meant to be an impossible place more in line with what we would call a "dystopia" today. So that is pretty great.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2020, 11:17 pm

it's literally one letter away from "dystopia", no subtlety, so i would answer your question with a yes. but outside of being a corporation name it is a good word.

i really like "highmile".

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Jun 2020, 1:12 pm

I guess Highmiles will do.

Thanks everyone.