Assorted Ramblings of a Different Young Adult

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 2:24 am

So this here is a book I wrote over the course of just under 17 months. Essentially, it's a non-fictional work resembling a diary or journal - only instead of daily events and my feelings about them, I wrote about whatever happened to be in my mind at any given time. I finished up the first draft of it last night, and I figured it'd be a good idea to share it with fellow Aspies.

This isn't actually the first book I've tried to write. There have been at least half a dozen other book projects I remember starting on - this, however, is the first book I've ever finished even to the point of a first draft. When it comes to writing, I'd always run out of ideas very quickly for some reason. The most I was able to write prior to this project was 35-ish pages for a sci-fi novel.

Either way, below is a link to a PDF version of the first draft. Any feedback and/or proofreading help is greatly appreciated.

Assorted Ramblings of a Different Young Adult

PS. I should mention that there's a fair amount of bad language in the book, so if you're sensitive to that stuff, I suggest you don't read it.

SZWell
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Sep 2017, 8:40 am

Nice OP, I've always wanted to start a DIY magazine detailing thoughts and feelings of everyday aspies (Of which can be introspective) along with pics of real Aspies. Will read or attempt when I have time

shadowself
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 11:58 am

I read the first three entries in this and I am really enjoying it. Whatver your hobbies might be, or carrer interest, I really believe you could be a published author if that appeals to you. This is very expressive writing, and so familiar to myself in it's content. :)

One eye opened slowly, green and gold as sunlight in the woods. The cat said,"I am what I am. I would tell you what you want to know if I could, for you have been kind to me. But I am a cat, and no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer."

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 1:44 pm

shadowself wrote:
I read the first three entries in this and I am really enjoying it. Whatver your hobbies might be, or carrer interest, I really believe you could be a published author if that appeals to you. This is very expressive writing, and so familiar to myself in it's content. :)

Much appreciated! c: Funnily enough, I've actually contemplated publishing the book. No real plans as of yet, though.